Silkworms

EccoTides

I know that this song is likely the GNR community's favorite kickboxing bag, but I'm curious if anyone's opinion of Silkworms has changed over the years - For better or worse.

Myself, I've always loved the song musically. It truly reminds me of It's So Easy if it were put through an electronica filter and recorded for the first time during this decade. There's an edge and a sinister undercurrent to the music that are just excellent.

Lyrically, however, it's terrible. I sincerely think that if Axl reworked the lyrics into something that could be taken seriously, the song would be terrific.

As it stands now, I do understand how people can hate the song - Especially with the lyrics the way they are - But I think it has potential. Your thoughts?

Guest Satanisk_Slakt
I would explain why it's great but why bother.

It's all been explained in the "BRILLIANCE OF SILKWORMS" essay.

If you didn't read it, sorry, I can't show you where it's at. Go find it yourself.

Silkworms > Estranged

Can you link me to the "BRILLIANCE OF SILKWORMS". I think it could been a funny reading.

Don't know why you always names estranged in replys about silkworms but sure :rolleyes:

Waiting for the link :)

If you didn't read it, sorry, I can't show you where it's at. Go find it yourself.

Silkworms > Estranged

Can you link me to the "BRILLIANCE OF SILKWORMS". I think it could been a funny reading.

Don't know why you always names estranged in replys about silkworms but sure :rolleyes:

I don't see why he can't give you a link. Here you go.Brillianc of Silkworms

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Silkworms > Estranged

I don't see why he can't give you a link. Here you go.Brillianc of Silkworms

Thank you. Haha that was a pretty long story... I'll read it when I'm less tired then I am now

No , I thought it sucked then and it still horrible now , no matter what they do to it it's still crap ,the only way to make it better it change everything about it . I remember hearing it for the first time and I was shocked at how lousy it was , 5 years later the shock has turned into well :rolleyes: .

Peace GnR Nation :shades: