So I actually spoke to Bumblefoot...

metfanny

I went to the Ottawa show last night and was on the floor against the front and side rail...the corner right near the stage...anyway...

before the first band went on, i see this dude wearing a Russian outfit in the corner of my eye walking up the aisle toward security and the security guy says, "so anyone recognize you yet?" So i turn around and realize that i'm litterally a foot a way from the man. And I was the only one who knew who he was, so that security guard's joke was kinda true.So of course I say hi and start talking to him. Nicest fucking guy. He signed my ticket and I got a picture with him.

Anyway, on the the more important stuff...first I asked how he got the gig and he said that Joe Satriani recomended him to Axl like 2 years ago. Whenever or not this is already known, I have no idea. I then ask him to please play TWAT, but apparently that's not his decision. I said to ask Axl and he said he would try. Needless to say they didn't play it.

Then I ask "the question." Yes, I have balls. He said hopefully one of these remaining Tuesdays, but the record label might get in the way of it actually coming out 'this year.' Well then I ask if the cd itself was actually done. He just made a face like he's not even sure.

Me - "You're in the band and you don't even know if they CD is done??"

Bumble - "Well i'm the last guy to know everything."

Me - "Oh, because you're the newest addition?"

Bumble - "No, because i'm the guy who comes out and talks to people like you"

Haha, that made me laugh. Like I said, nicest guy. He even gave me a point from the stage during It's So Easy.

So yeah, if an actual member of the band isn't sure of when it's coming out, i think we're screwed.

I went to the Ottawa show last night and was on the floor against the front and side rail...the corner right near the stage...anyway...

before the first band went on, i see this dude wearing a Russian outfit in the corner of my eye walking up the aisle toward security and the security guy says, "so anyone recognize you yet?" So i turn around and realize that i'm litterally a foot a way from the man. And I was the only one who knew who he was, so that security guard's joke was kinda true.So of course I say hi and start talking to him. Nicest fucking guy. He signed my ticket and I got a picture with him.

Anyway, on the the more important stuff...first I asked how he got the gig and he said that Joe Satriani recomended him to Axl like 2 years ago. Whenever or not this is already known, I have no idea. I then ask him to please play TWAT, but apparently that's not his decision. I said to ask Axl and he said he would try. Needless to say they didn't play it.

Then I ask "the question." Yes, I have balls. He said hopefully one of these remaining Tuesdays, but the record label might get in the way of it actually coming out 'this year.' Well then I ask if the cd itself was actually done. He just made a face like he's not even sure.

Haha, that made me laugh. Like I said, nicest guy. He even gave me a point from the stage during It's So Easy.

So yeah, if an actual member of the band isn't sure of when it's coming out, i think we're screwed.

You're probably right, I think we're screwed. My read on the situation is that none of the band members probably know anything about the CD, except for Axl and Merck.

He is nice, I talked to some guys that talked to him, and they said he is nicest guy ever..

it is wierd that even the bend membars dont actually know whats going on..

I wonder if its Axl running the whole show, or the rest of the bend are more then just replacements.

In the past Ron has always told fans that questions about the release would have to be answered by management. I have no doubt that he has no idea when it's coming out, but I'm not so sure that he would have said anything like the label may try to block a release this year unless he has all of a sudden been granted permission to answer such questions.

it is wierd that even the bend members dont actually know whats going on..

I wonder if its Axl running the whole show, or the rest of the band are more then just replacements.

Last week i read an old interview from 2000 with Robin. He had left Guns at that time. In this interview he said that none of the songs had vocals on them. Not too long after that interview, Rolling Stone did that piece on Axl and the reporter heard some of the songs, with vocals. So, Robin evidently didn't have a clue. That's my assumption anyway.

I've always been supportive of this thing, and have even had a few "discussions" with people, me being the one to defend Axl calling it Guns N Roses, BUT it's starting to look more and more like an Axl solo record using the GnR name as the cash grabber. If "bandmembers" aren't even allowed to know what the fuck is going on, well, i just don't understand it. It is Axl's thing though, so whatever, i guess.

BUT it's starting to look more and more like an Axl solo record using the GnR name as the cash grabber. If "bandmembers" aren't even allowed to know what the fuck is going on, well, i just don't understand it. It is Axl's thing though, so whatever, i guess.

I think he means he doesn't know because he's out talking to the fans when topics like that come up, not that Axl won't allow the band to know whats going on.

Also I doubt he's really that concerned. At this point it looks like he's just a touring member, so he has no reason to worry about what happens with the album.

See, to me, this isnt how a band should be. GnR is more like buisness than a band now. its kinda sad. Things are kept from Ron, because he is kind enough to talk to and care about fans? Thats shitty.

Its a fuckin album, man. They are treating it like some sort of top secret government infomation lol. jesus

Cool that u got to meet Ron though dude :)

He said hopefully one of these remaining Tuesdays, but the record label might get in the way of it actually coming out 'this year.

so what does this mean?

I think it was a diplomatic way of saying it's not coming out this year

FUCK! Next time someone here meets a member of the band, and gets a picture, make sure to make the member for example: Bumblefoot, hold a piece of paper that says "elsewhere"!!!!!

We will thank you. And you would be super cool in my books. :)

Ron seems like a nice guy.

You are going to get Bumblefoot Fired :anger:

If anybody gets 'fired' from the band, Axl is a fool. This isnt how a band is supposed to be, people.

Yea, exactly. I am having a real hard time believing BBF was yapping about the record label to some random fan at a show. All the interviews I have read with him recently he refuses to speak about this. Not to mention he knows probably best of anyone in GNR how information gets passed on the net.

The band never knows what's going on, they never have.

The comment about being the guy who "talks to people like you" is pure Ron, very believable (and true).

The quote that said the record label might get in the way of it actually coming out 'this year was probably paraphrased, but I would guess seeing as time is obviously running out, the troops are preparing an excuse and this is going to be it.

The truth is more likely that the label decided they didn't want to rush-release the thing even if they did get it because given the rather luke warm response to the tour, they didn't think people would be lined up around the block just with a couple weeks notice that CD was coming out.

...speculative BS warning... about possible label interference ...

Didn't the record label want to make sure Greatest Hits was released before a new album from either Velvet Revolver (Contraband) or GNR (Chinese Democracy) to introduce potential new fans to GNR's past reign?

Maybe they are trying to time it with the release of a new Velvet Revolver to make the most of the past accolades of GNR by having two new albums from past GNR members on the shelves at the same time. Or (hope to god not) maybe they want to squeeze another Greatest Hits out before this next round of new material from VR and GNR.

If GNR is trying to pack in a bonus disc with some live songs (greatest hits) from the current tour, maybe that will take the place of a Greatest Hits 2 disc...

Edited by Tkkyj