So Dec 19th is the new release date?

slääsh

If you wanted to surprise people with an album release during a tour for that very album, how would do it?

I don't know their reason for wanting it to be a surprise other than the wish to avoid a leak, but lets assume they have their reasons.

In order to really call it a tour in support of the album and not just a nostalgia tour, people have to be expecting the album to come out. But then its not a surprise is it? The only option you are left with is deliberate disception. It would be fairly easy to plant rumors that the album has been delayed again, especially given the track record and the nature of the internet. I don't know much about the music industry but I bet a secret like this would be pretty hard to keep, has it ever been done before?

I don't know...I'm a little light-headed.

wrong, it aint repeating anything weve had before. AXL HAS SAID ITS COMING OUT THIS YEAR. that has never happened before. Now even if it doesnt, gnr, axl rose , are now acountable to the fans, media etc....

That has not been the case in the past.

Erh m8, you might want to brush up your history skills, 'cause axl has actually said it before <_<