paradise city commecial

tomc102968

Well, let's not forget that HD said the 19th would be the last day the PC ad aired. So it's not exactly a surprise that Better hasn't aired yet. Tomorrow, or maybe Thursday during the NFL telecasts which get huge ratings, I think are the best bets.

If the 19th would be the last day of PC then wouldnt the 20th be the first day of better?

It would make it the first possible day, but I'm thinking they may wait for the Thanksgiving NFL games. It's just a hunch. If Better doesn't air on that day then I think it's safe to say there was a change of plans.

Again people, nobody said the Better ad would air today. In fact HD gave the impression that it wouldn't by saying today would be the final day for PC. So there is no reason to be disappointed because of this.

If the 19th would be the last day of PC then wouldnt the 20th be the first day of better?

It would make it the first possible day, but I'm thinking they may wait for the Thanksgiving NFL games. It's just a hunch. If Better doesn't air on that day then I think it's safe to say there was a change of plans.

Again people, nobody said the Better ad would air today. In fact HD gave the impression that it wouldn't by saying today would be the final day for PC. So there is no reason to be disappointed because of this.

monday night football.... :book:

Chinese Democracy starts...never.

luckily for all of us, youre wrong ;)

both of those statements were illogical

It's called an "appeal to an illegitimate authority"....neither of you two know anything about the album therefore we shouldn't listen to you because you don;t have authority. Unless of course one of you is Axl.

"Chinese Democracy starts...never" is also illogical for a different reason. The Equivocation fallacy is when a word is used in the context where it could mean two different things. Chinese Democracy could refer to the album or the government in China.

Although Danny's post makes more sense right now than Chris Axl's post...simply because of what has happened as of late. But they were both illogical posts...

bye :xmasschef2:

Edited by 3rd Wheel

You're right, they didn't say the Better ad would air today. They said it would air in EARLY November. This is November 19th. Last I checked, that means it's LATE November and the ad still hasn't aired yet. My bet would be it'll NEVER air. I think the deal got nixed to be honest.

You're right, they didn't say the Better ad would air today. They said it would air in EARLY November. This is November 19th. Last I checked, that means it's LATE November and the ad still hasn't aired yet. My bet would be it'll NEVER air. I think the deal got nixed to be honest.

Well I can only chalk the "early November" statement up to a typo on the news release. I'm sure they meant mid or late November. I say that because "early November" contradicts the other thing they had in the news release, that being that PC runs until November 19th. They were very specific in providing that date.

I don't think the deal is off - on the HD website they say to check back soon for the Better ad. If the deal was nixed that would in all liklihood be gone.

Yes, Monday night football seems like a real possibility. (Go Giants!!)

Well I can only chalk the "early November" statement up to a typo on the news release. I'm sure they meant mid or late November. I say that because "early November" contradicts the other thing they had in the news release, that being that PC runs until November 19th. They were very specific in providing that date.

I don't think the deal is off - on the HD website they say to check back soon for the Better ad. If the deal was nixed that would in all liklihood be gone.

Monday Night Football no longer reaches the same audience it once had the potential to. It's on ESPN now instead of ABC. NBC has a national broadcast of the NFL on right now, but I doubt they'd show it during that telecast either. The thing that makes me believe this entire deal has been nixed is that their homepage isn't even advertising the page with the ad on it. When the ad first came out, their homepage was making a big deal about it. Not only this, they even took the press release off the website altogether.

Edited by GNRfan2008

Monday Night Football no longer reaches the same audience it once had the potential to. It's on ESPN now instead of ABC. NBC has a national broadcast of the NFL on right now, but I doubt they'd show it during that telecast either. The thing that makes me believe this entire deal has been nixed is that their homepage isn't even advertising the page with the ad on it. When the ad first came out, their homepage was making a big deal about it. Not only this, they even took the press release off the website altogether.

Their homepage has a link to the ad. It's on the lower left side of the page.

As for MNF - fair point. I really don't know how big a drop off in ratings it is going from ABC to ESPN. I'm sure it still reaches a lot of homes, and it's not like the ad wouldn't continue to air. There are a few good times to air the ad this week...first on MNF, then the American Music Awards on Tuesday, then Thursday's NFL telecasts. We will just have to see I guess. If it doesn't happen this week then a lot of my hopes for a 2006 release will be dashed.

Chinese Democracy starts...never.

luckily for all of us, youre wrong ;)

It's called an "appeal to an illegitimate authority"....neither of you two know anything about the album therefore we shouldn't listen to you because you don;t have authority. Unless of course one of you is Axl.

"Chinese Democracy starts...never" is also illogical for a different reason. The Equivocation fallacy is when a word is used in the context where it could mean two different things. Chinese Democracy could refer to the album or the government in China.

Although Danny's post makes more sense right now than Chris Axl's post...simply because of what has happened as of late. But they were both illogical posts...

bye :xmasschef2:

Next time, write something that's worth reading and that's understandable.

bye

What a chode.

Their homepage has a link to the ad. It's on the lower left side of the page.

As for MNF - fair point. I really don't know how big a drop off in ratings it is going from ABC to ESPN. I'm sure it still reaches a lot of homes, and it's not like the ad wouldn't continue to air. There are a few good times to air the ad this week...first on MNF, then the American Music Awards on Tuesday, then Thursday's NFL telecasts. We will just have to see I guess. If it doesn't happen this week then a lot of my hopes for a 2006 release will be dashed.

HAHA my bad. Firefox with Adblock Plus is blocking that part of the page for some reason, but I just went to their homepage using IE and you're right. Sorry about that.

As for MNF, I'm sure they haven't seen much of a dropoff in ratings since moving to ESPN. A vast majority of sports die-hards (the core audience for MNF) have cable and thus can watch ESPN. ABC wasn't really getting very good ratings towards the end of MNF's run on their network. But the network itself still reaches far more people than ESPN does.