i finally got qualified for FM

bass71player

so this may need to be in the anything goes section, but i thought it pertained a little bit more to people's musical tastes.

so i was an AM DJ on my campus radio station last semester, and it took me almost all of this one, but i finally got qualified for FM. i have one show before the station shuts down for the end of the semester and it's tonight at 3 AM eastern time (yeah, 3 AM) till 5 so i doubt anyone in the area will be up to actually catch it on the radio, but you can listen in on the website... wfnp.org

you can call in and request anything you want and i'll try to play it (gotta play half of my show from the rotation, which surprisingly isn't too bad) as long as i have it on my ipod and there's no cursing. the number to call in is...

if you call in, please don't curse, i'll drop and dump the call and you won't get on the radio or your request played (10 second delay is mighty handy)

i'm down for playing absolutely anything as long as i have it and you guys call it in.

next semester i'll have a regularly scheduled show, though i don't know if the time will be any better than 1 AM. but this is the start and with enough listeners hopefully i can make a ruckus at the station.

Edited by bass71player

Man sorry I won't be able to listen. Maybe when your on at 1 am but 3 I can't do. hopefully I'll get to listen sometime in the future.

Good luck

thanks... yeah i figured as much for people in the area, but i'm hoping people in defferent time zones might be a different story.

so this may need to be in the anything goes section, but i thought it pertained a little bit more to people's musical tastes.

so i was an AM DJ on my campus radio station last semester, and it took me almost all of this one, but i finally got qualified for FM. i have one show before the station shuts down for the end of the semester and it's tonight at 3 AM eastern time (yeah, 3 AM) till 5 so i doubt anyone in the area will be up to actually catch it on the radio, but you can listen in on the website... wfnp.org

you can call in and request anything you want and i'll try to play it (gotta play half of my show from the rotation, which surprisingly isn't too bad) as long as i have it on my ipod and there's no cursing. the number to call in is...

if you call in, please don't curse, i'll drop and dump the call and you won't get on the radio or your request played (10 second delay is mighty handy)

i'm down for playing absolutely anything as long as i have it and you guys call it in.

next semester i'll have a regularly scheduled show, though i don't know if the time will be any better than 1 AM. but this is the start and with enough listeners hopefully i can make a ruckus at the station.

why no cursing??

Congrats man!

My friends host a college radio show,it's called Radio What Wave...they concentrate on old school punk and classic garage.

Do you have a specific genre/era you specialize in?

nothing in particular... gonna stick with the hard rock/metal stuff

We'll call you up and request the leaks. rock3

i'll play em... :huh:

Now you can officially start gnr rumors rock3

yeah... i'm psyched :laugh:

why no cursing??

i'm actually broadcast on FM, so i have to comply with FCC regulations... oh well

I'm going to call in and request The Blues (Rock in Rio III version). Make sure you have it on your iPod. And then play Boston '02 afterwards. :)

haha... i dunno if i'm up for playing bootlegs on my show (low quality = complaints from listeners) but maybe i might be inclined to play something a little cleaner... maybe studio/demo quality... if requested.

hey does anyone know what would happen if i played a leak and someone got upset? i mean, i'm just a college radio DJ, and i know better's been played a bunch of times on major radio stations...

I'm going to call in and request The Blues (Rock in Rio III version). Make sure you have it on your iPod. And then play Boston '02 afterwards. :)

haha... i dunno if i'm up for playing bootlegs on my show (low quality = complaints from listeners) but maybe i might be inclined to play something a little cleaner... maybe studio/demo quality... if requested.

Boston was near-on perfect though... I think you'll get away with it. :)