When the album is released it will come out in Europe a day before the US

Markus89

I, like every other member on this board, sent Mr. Mercuriadis (Jackamo, take note on how i spelt it) an E-mail, and I got a reply ;) Some of you may be quite sure of this already, but to me, still worth asking.

Thank you. When the album is released it will come out in Norway and all of Europe the day before the US.
On 18 Nov 2006, at 07:13, Markus wrote:

Hey! I know you get alot of these, but as you may have noticed, that did not stop me.

What I was wondering was if Norway, which is were I live, will be gettin Guns N' Roses's new cd, to be released this year as promissed, a day befor the american market? European cd's are usually released Monday's while the US get's them on Tuesday's.

If you are not able to respond, that's OK, I know you must have a pretty tight schedule.

Just incase you're hanging with the band in the near future, please tell them that what they're doing is highly damn appreciated! The show they put on the two dates I got to see them this summer bleeew me away! My eyes get weet just thinking about it.

Anyways, Thank you for your time.

- Markus

When I got this reply I immediately asked him a seccond question, it wen't something like this;

I know you must getting tired of answering this, but I was wondering if you would once more confirm a 2006 album release ? Lately there has been alot of media stuff saying the album has again been postponed (Universal Music beeing one of them).

This e-mail was ignored, lol :P I'll tell you if he was to reply :)

Edit: Please stop sending me PM's requesting his e-mail. My inbox is full, and I'm sure he has the same problem :)

Edited by Markus89

cross off 26th december then from the list of tuesdays

or then again thinking about this it could come out on christmas day in europe but no one would be able to buy it because of all shops been closed so then it won't be put on the internet before the US release so then everyone gets it on the same day

dude a monkey couldve figured it out

Probably.

Anyways, did you figure it our ?

although i am in someplaces known as a proud monkey, i actually expected a us release before the european release, since more people in the us are likely to download it. there's no hype in europe, nobody really knows what chinese democracy is , not counting the 700.000 people who went to see gnr this summer ofcourse (my logic is flawed, i know)

cross off 26th december then from the list of tuesdays

or then again thinking about this it could come out on christmas day in europe but no one would be able to buy it because of all shops been closed so then it won't be put on the internet before the US release so then everyone gets it on the same day

Interesting theory, I must say.

But why release a cd right after christmas ?

What about Germany? Here, CD's generally are released on a friday... will I get the CD even sonner than the rest of Europe? :book:

Or 4 days after the rest of the world :krider:

Then I'd rather drive over to the netherlands and buy CD on time (and say "Hi!" to Ron ;) ).

What about Germany? Here, CD's generally are released on a friday... will I get the CD even sonner than the rest of Europe? :book:

I doubt it, i expect you will get it as the same day as us and Europe.

Ireland will get it the same day aswell i expect

nope its the friday before the rest of europe :D

i'll let you all know what it sounds like when i get it :krider:

Then I'd rather drive over to the netherlands and buy CD on time (and say "Hi!" to Ron ;) ).

And if you get it earlier I'll cross the border too mate! :lol:

What about a little release party? :shades:

All this talk of preventing the album from being online when it is out, is just fucking dumb. All it will take is ONE person to upload it, and then thousands of people will have it ,if they want it. So all this talk of , they are trying for a secret release to prevent album downloads is fucking pointless.

They are trying to prevent it being uploaded on to the internet BEFORE the release, after the album is released they know it will be online to download

Mygnr Love :xmasschef2:

Like you're not getting drunk as soon as you find out is coming out. :P

Cool!

That means I'll be listening to the studio version of The blues while Americans will camp outside music stores! :P

I lie to you not, the album will be online in a matter of hours after its European release.

And I lie to you not - although I will buy the album the very next day in the US, if I see it listed online as a torrent I won't hesitate to download it and listen to songs we've already heard. I won't feel bad about this because I plan on buying two copies of the album when it comes out. :)