Axl should make a surprise appearance on some type of major event

Estranged Reality

I'm listening to The Blues from Rock in Rio III and it sounds so amazing, epic and powerful. I really think if they want the album out this year, Axl should make a surprise appearance on some type of major event or talk show and perform The Blues with the new band. It would win over a lot of people. I think it will even win over more listeners than Better because it has a November Rain appeal - it would attract average people who aren't really into rock and it'll also interest those of us who DO like rock and appreciate those aspects of the song.

I think it would be the highlight of my week - heck, month - to see Axl perform this song in front of a mass audience. I really wish he'd go back to the style of 2001 where it was a bit faster-paced and the vocals were "cleaner" with the electric guitars on lead rather than BBF's acoustic, but oh well.

I'm listening to The Blues from Rock in Rio III and it sounds so amazing, epic and powerful. I really think if they want the album out this year, Axl should make a surprise appearance on some type of major event or talk show and perform The Blues with the new band. It would win over a lot of people. I think it will even win over more listeners than Better because it has a November Rain appeal - it would attract average people who aren't really into rock and it'll also interest those of us who DO like rock and appreciate those aspects of the song.

I think it would be the highlight of my week - heck, month - to see Axl perform this song in front of a mass audience. I really wish he'd go back to the style of 2001 where it was a bit faster-paced and the vocals were "cleaner" with the electric guitars on lead rather than BBF's acoustic, but oh well.

what people would it "win over"?? The handfull of negative people on this forum? I like your idea to promote the CD, but they dont need to "win over" anyone, those negs will buy it anyway. Actually they will get it before us cause they probobly dont have a job and will just bum money from mom or a friend and take a bus to best buy andd buy it.

I agree with your cmparison too, The blues is more epic.

The Blues is more of a complex song, you can't get into at once. Better is more catchy and radio friendly. People who will listen to these two songs for the first time (like the audience of some major event) would prefer Better over The Blues imo.

Here comes the "but": I don't expect some kind of performance at a major event, because the album is nowhere to be seen.

the only way people will notice him is if he releases CD

non fans don't give a shit about him nowadays

Umm.....what the hell does that mean. Does any "non fan" of any group give a shit about said group?

As far as Better being a better song choice for a single, yeah, probobly, but I think the rock ballad would hold onto a wider variety of listeners in the beginning. That being said, they probobly should open with more of a bang, so Better would be for lack of a better term, be better.

Edited by Gunzen

they still have electric guitar leads, robin plays it. bbf plays rhythm.

they still have electric guitar leads, robin plays it. bbf plays rhythm.

I know, I meant to say rhythm, silly me. What I most miss is:

- The intro riff on the electric

&

- The electric scales during the outro

&

- Pitman's synth (!) (I'm being serious)