backstage after a concert

ASLayerAODsk

Thats the same ol situation with GNR here in the UK usualy - Dizzy ignores me everytime - after the Hammersmith gig i asked him realy nicely to sign my LP - he just totally blanked me!!! As i say its more luck than judgement if you meet them or not!! just depends on how they are feeling i suppose!! Manchester MEN arena UK is the worst to meet bands from my vast experience of waiting there!!!!!!!!! exit is behind a big gate!

Edited by Jaysgnr

I will say that while Axl didn't stop to sign or shake hands the night of the 15th, he did give the crowd a peace sign as he got in the SUV waiting for him. The rest of the band ignored the small crowd (there were maybe 15 of us total) waiting.

I asked Sebastian Bach for an autograph, and he walked right by me - he's a fucker and a half.

I will say that while Axl didn't stop to sign or shake hands the night of the 15th, he did give the crowd a peace sign as he got in the SUV waiting for him. The rest of the band ignored the small crowd (there were maybe 15 of us total) waiting.

I asked Sebastian Bach for an autograph, and he walked right by me - he's a fucker and a half.

I always thought Baz was a Douche anyway......his opening in Greensboro NC cleared out half the arena it was soooo bad. :rofl-lol:

The truth is that you either need to be friends with a band member and get invited, know someone that is invited, or be very lucky. It helps to have balls of steel and be confident and friendly (this can open LOTS of doors).

There is no special secret. Right place, right time, right friends is the most surefire way.

Was backstage at both of the London 2006 shows at Wembley Arena. Spoke to Izzy for about 30 minutes both nights. Had brief chats with Robin, Richard, Tommy, Del James and George Chin [gnr photographer]. Watched a private performance in the jam room before hells angels kicked me out lol. Wasn't supposed to be in there at all but Izzy said it was cool... guess one of the other band members was pissed at me being there though (any guesses who that was? :unsure: )

I posted photos ages ago on a few GNR boards but cant be hassled with digging them out again now. Might do one day. Jarmo from HTGTH.com and Christos from GNRGreece were backstage at the same shows rock3

thats cool man