GNR's stage time

axlslash

so THATS why they sued their fans..cause they CARE about them...gotcha! ill keep that in mind!

when Axl only calls us 'downloading motherfuckers' hmm...litigation vs name calling..hmm..who CARES more? :D

considering that he's trying to "re-introduce" the band when he's the only memberleft from the original, he's doing a pretty embarassing job of it. Unless the album is absolutely mind-blowing this will go down as a huge joke, imo.

little to no marketing - what ever happened to the so-called marketting agreement they had with Major League Baseball? was the single and the album supposed to be released during the World Series???

treating fans like shit by making them sit through hours of crap before they take the stage near midnight.

complete incompetence on the album release.

I feel like the idiot now - when I bought tickets, every one of my friends told me I was crazy. "Who the hell wants to go see Axl play with a cover band?" they said. I guess they were right.

listen fuckhead, im sick and tired of hearing worthless noobs like you diss axl and the unbelievable band both individually and as a whole. these guys bust their ass night in and night out, putting on 5 fucking star shows for your bitchy little ass. cd or no cd, it doesn't fucking matter, these guys put up with more shit than you probably ever will in your life. each band member has talent out the ass and all you guys see is a "cover band", and look no further. sure, we may be pissed about the album release, i know i am. but i also know that i will be so fucking happy with the result, that i will need $50,000 worth of plastic surgery to get the smile off my face. if you dont want to see the new band, fine, sell your tickets to someone who actually deserves to the band(and oh yes asshole, they are a real band). now please noob, sell your tickets and delete your fucking account.

dude. dont even worry about the NOOB. he'll see them in concert, and change his fucking mind. trust me. I've been there, done that, seen that, banged my head to that, yelled fuck yea to that, whtever. the new band is great. the old bands better, but theses guy sare great. rock3

listen fuckhead, im sick and tired of hearing worthless noobs like you diss axl and the unbelievable band both individually and as a whole. these guys bust their ass night in and night out, putting on 5 fucking star shows for your bitchy little ass. cd or no cd, it doesn't fucking matter, these guys put up with more shit than you probably ever will in your life. each band member has talent out the ass and all you guys see is a "cover band", and look no further. sure, we may be pissed about the album release, i know i am. but i also know that i will be so fucking happy with the result, that i will need $50,000 worth of plastic surgery to get the smile off my face. if you dont want to see the new band, fine, sell your tickets to someone who actually deserves to the band(and oh yes asshole, they are a real band). now please noob, sell your tickets and delete your fucking account.

calm down dude... is this a case of me hitting a little too close to home for you?

I never said they weren't talented. From what I've seen they're very talented. I just said that they're a cover band unless and until the release some original music. And they are irrelevant as a force in the world of music unless that original music is well received. and for you to say you know you'll be happy with the result is just asanine - and if you take off your rose-colored glasses you'll see that. It might be good, it might be average, it might be crap. only time will tell.

I never said they aren't working hard. And I'm still going to go see them - because I love the music. but I am saying that right now they are nothing more than a talented, hard-working cover band that are effectively serving at the pleasure of Axl Rose. And no amount of screaming "fuck you" and "asshole" is going to change my mind until the album is out.

calm down dude... is this a case of me hitting a little too close to home for you?

I never said they weren't talented. From what I've seen they're very talented. I just said that they're a cover band unless and until the release some original music. And they are irrelevant as a force in the world of music unless that original music is well received. and for you to say you know you'll be happy with the result is just asanine - and if you take off your rose-colored glasses you'll see that. It might be good, it might be average, it might be crap. only time will tell.

I never said they aren't working hard. And I'm still going to go see them - because I love the music. but I am saying that right now they are nothing more than a talented, hard-working cover band that are effectively serving at the pleasure of Axl Rose. And no amount of screaming "fuck you" and "asshole" is going to change my mind until the album is out.

i know ill be happy with the result because i, like 99% of the forum, am totally amazed by the new songs, they are brilliant and beautiful both lyrically and musically. how can you call these guys a cover band when they are working their asses off together on NEW FUCKING MATERIAL. JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST. by your standards, they will be a cover band until the moment the album hits the shelves? how fucked up is that. heh, i wonder what Tommy Stinson would say to that.

how can you call these guys a cover band when they are working their asses off together on NEW FUCKING MATERIAL. JUST BECAUSE ITS NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED DOESN'T MEAN IT DOESN'T EXIST. by your standards, they will be a cover band until the moment the album hits the shelves? how fucked up is that. heh, i wonder what Tommy Stinson would say to that.

My 2 cents is this: My standard is an official release for this reason - what we have seen is Axl, with a revolving door of supporting cast, play some new material in concerts for YEARS and some rough-cut bootleg material has made it into the world of file-swapping. The only constant in this original material is Axl. Until a copyrighted product is released that 1) is a finished product that we can evaluate, and 2) is firm comfirmation that the group that is playing on stage every other night is in fact somewhat permanent, I don't know how you can consider them the new G'n'R. By that standard, BucketHead is a former member of G'N'R, no? By that standard, the guy who is playing drums every night is in G'n'R but the guy that recorded in the studio is not? or is he a former g'n'r drummer? If the album is never released, was Finck ever REALLY in guns and roses?

c'mon. that's just silly.

right now they are a group of very talented musicians that is playing some great live shows, based heavily on old-g'n'r material, with some new material that may show up on a future album that these guys play on as Guns and Roses. we can't say anything more than that right now. sounds a LOT like 2002, no?

Basically, they're telling me that I can go from like 9-12a or 10-1a. Basically, if I go at all I'll have to miss most of my favorite tunes. I guess I may have to just sell the tickets and take the money unless they change their minds......

oh man, if it's close I would just sneak out, seriously... they'll be long gone to sleep when you get back home, I'm actually thinking how the hell I would manage to get to another country for the weekend without my parents to know about it because I don't think they'll allow me to go to an Guns N' Roses show until I'm older or if they come to Iceland! or they won't let me go without havin' a grown-up with me but I don't know anyone that would go with me that's old enough except my brother who doesn't have much money so...

And when Fridayfan's advice doesn't work, just lie! :P

Say you will be home at 1 and come home at 2:30! In 10 years it won't matter! It's not like robbing a car or being addicted to crack, put it in perspective.

What seems like a big deal now later on in life turns into funny conversations with your parents-

It might be an issue with the parents being the ride home or something?

I don't understand the parents offering a choice of either 9 or 10...why not just a 1am cutoff?

anyhoo...go for the 1 am...do NOT go for the 12,because if you do and the band comes on closer to midnight (which is what has been happening lately)...you're only going to get a few songs.

1 am is better...but regardless,it's fucking HARD to leave a concert half way through,not fun at all!

If you're going to feel ripped off,get out now and sell your ticket,save yourself the anguish.

I live in a city one hour outside of Toronto and I can't tell you how many stories I've heard about people who had to leave early,from teenagers to forties...and a few families.Not happy people...at all!

The midnight start reflected on the faces all around me at the show....wasn't good.

ok, so according to you Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, and Brain these guys are a "revolving door cast"? you must be new to gnr

Uhh, especially Dizzy. He's been in the band since 1990, he is hardly new. Hell, in a few years all of these guys will have been in the band longer than some of the original members, Dizzy already has. Robin has been around since 1997. Tommy since 1998. Richard since 2002. Pitman since 1998. Think about that.

ok, so according to you Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus, Robin Finck, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pitman, and Brain these guys are a "revolving door cast"? you must be new to gnr

Uhh, especially Dizzy. He's been in the band since 1990, he is hardly new. Hell, in a few years all of these guys will have been in the band longer than some of the original members, Dizzy already has. Robin has been around since 1997. Tommy since 1998. Richard since 2002. Pitman since 1998. Think about that.

my point exactly, these guys have paid their dues, and we owe them respect. i for one love these guys because they are the single most talented musicians playing today(and oh yes, better than slash. i said it. slash hasn't done a fucking thing worth hearing since UYI. hell, ill give him the benefit of the doubt, TSI?). there is not a better band out there, at all. the sad thing is, nobody really knows about them, or care enough to find out. but that will change very soon.

that's the point. I'm not new to G'n'R - been one of my favorite bands since the late 80's and I can recite the lyrics of every song on AFD, Lies and both UYI's. no exageration.

but I (and tens of millions of other 'old' g'n'r fans) are new to this band. and if Axl (and these guys) are going to have comercial success, they need to take the old fans and turn them into new fans. a tour that draws from the old fans and introduces them to the new band and the new music is a good way to do this. and they are screwing it up - badly.

for those on this board who have religiously followed the last 6 years - those names you cite are no doubt household names. but you are probably 1% of the people that G'n'R needs to reach to make money as anything but a cover band. that is why they are having a tough time sustaining show attendance, and having to lower ticket prices.

and finally - even for me (a guy that has only been tracking the new g'n'r for a couple months now) it's clear that when you say Finck doesn't represent a revolving door cast, you are either being disingenuous or kidding yourself. Buckethead had that position only a few months ago, no?

that's the point. I'm not new to G'n'R - been one of my favorite bands since the late 80's and I can recite the lyrics of every song on AFD, Lies and both UYI's. no exageration.

but I (and tens of millions of other 'old' g'n'r fans) are new to this band. and if Axl (and these guys) are going to have comercial success, they need to take the old fans and turn them into new fans. a tour that draws from the old fans and introduces them to the new band and the new music is a good way to do this. and they are screwing it up - badly.

for those on this board who have religiously followed the last 6 years - those names you cite are no doubt household names. but you are probably 1% of the people that G'n'R needs to reach to make money as anything but a cover band. that is why they are having a tough time sustaining show attendance, and having to lower ticket prices.

and finally - even for me (a guy that has only been tracking the new g'n'r for a couple months now) it's clear that when you say Finck doesn't represent a revolving door cast, you are either being disingenuous or kidding yourself. Buckethead had that position only a few months ago, no?

......................actually he didn't. you need to study up, no offense. Ron Thal joined the band in may, taking the place of Bucket(left officially in 04). luckily, Thal fits perfectly. the rest of the band has been there.

how are they screwing this tour up? 5* shows, a fair dose of new and fucking awesome material, and all the hits and a few obscure songs we love. that doesn't sound like a fuck up to me. sure, not everything is selling out, but this is only the first leg of the tour. the album will be out before the second leg, then you can expect sell outs across the board.

Edited by fridayfan13

Buckethead left some YEARS ago now.

But funny what you said about new music, since May I have been to 6 shows and have heard live everything new they have to offer. So that is hardly a valid argument anymore. If they play any more new songs it will comprise of the majority of the new album. Do you really want to go to a GNR show and hear ALL new songs? The regular fan wants to hear music they know (AFD, Lies, Illusion) mixed in with new material.

But I won't lie, they really need to release this album soon to even keep the fans they currently have.

But we are totally off topic now. I think midnight is pretty late to start a show and I really have no idea why for some of the shows there are up to 3 openers, it is overkill if you ask me. But I am aware of it and am able to accomodate myself when I know I am going to see GNR. I know a lot of people can't do this, though.

Buckethead left some YEARS ago now.

But funny what you said about new music, since May I have been to 6 shows and have heard live everything new they have to offer. So that is hardly a valid argument anymore. If they play any more new songs it will comprise of the majority of the new album. Do you really want to go to a GNR show and hear ALL new songs? The regular fan wants to hear music they know (AFD, Lies, Illusion) mixed in with new material.

But I won't lie, they really need to release this album soon to even keep the fans they currently have.

But we are totally off topic now. I think midnight is pretty late to start a show and I really have no idea why for some of the shows there are up to 3 openers, it is overkill if you ask me. But I am aware of it and am able to accomodate myself when I know I am going to see GNR. I know a lot of people can't do this, though.

great scott, your reading my mind and posting it lol

......................actually he didn't. you need to study up, no offense. Ron Thal joined the band in may, taking the place of Bucket(left officially in 04). luckily, Thal fits perfectly. the rest of the band has been there.

that's fair... that's why I came to this board a couple months back - to study up so I could enjoy the new band at the concert.

how are they screwing this tour up? 5* shows, a fair dose of new and fucking awesome material, and all the hits and a few obscure songs we love. that doesn't sound like a fuck up to me. sure, not everything is selling out, but this is only the first leg of the tour. the album will be out before the second leg, then you can expect sell outs across the board.

I don't think they are doing anything wrong once they hit the stage each night - from everything I hear I will be very happy I attended.

But everything outside of their on-stage performance is a mess, you'd have to admit. Obviously the album not being out is just stupid and incompetent, and therefore the marketing has obviously been completely thrown off track. but the complete lack of information is just unacceptable if you're trying to build (or re-build) a fan base. and taking the stage after 11pm - and making the audience either sit through 2 or 3 crappy opening acts or come very late to the show just says that you don't give a rats ass about the fans, the venue, or the local authorities. I understand the "this is rock and roll" mentality, but it's just not smart business.

I don't think they are doing anything wrong once they hit the stage each night - from everything I hear I will be very happy I attended.

But everything outside of their on-stage performance is a mess, you'd have to admit. Obviously the album not being out is just stupid and incompetent, and therefore the marketing has obviously been completely thrown off track. but the complete lack of information is just unacceptable if you're trying to build (or re-build) a fan base. and taking the stage after 11pm - and making the audience either sit through 2 or 3 crappy opening acts or come very late to the show just says that you don't give a rats ass about the fans, the venue, or the local authorities. I understand the "this is rock and roll" mentality, but it's just not smart business.

You will be happy you attended, just have a lot of coffee that night to stay up for it, hahaha. Trust me, I am an old school fan like you seem to be but I gave these guys a chance (after being introduced to them live in 2002) and I am happy I did. They are all fantastic musicians in their own right even when pounding out the songs off AFD-

The album needs to come out soon if they want to tour past this leg though.

Dude are you fucking serious.. aren't you at least 16 or something? Your parents won't let you out past 3 am? What difference does it make.. I can't believe they wouldn't let you knowing how important it is to you (I'm assuming).

Seriously fuck your parents and go and it doesn't matter what time you get out because like someone else said they can't get in there to get you. Just go fuck it, honestly its worth getting your phone taken away. :rolleyes:

I can't believe you'd consider selling the tickets and not going.