Nirvana

adnan

Ive been pretty critical of this band in the past, mainly because of Kobain's suicide, but they were a good band. Ive been listening to their self titled album lately, good stuff.

critical of music because one of the people who made it commited suicide??? :huh:

Ive been pretty critical of this band in the past, mainly because of Kobain's suicide, but they were a good band. Ive been listening to their self titled album lately, good stuff.

critical of music because one of the people who made it commited suicide??? :huh:

Yeah, I didn't get that either :huh:

He made good music but for the most was so god damn depressing, you really have to be in the mood to enjoy it, nobody hears Heart Shaped Box on the radio and pumps it up and rocks out. And the whole thing surrounding Kurts suicide added to that and it gave the music this "pitty party for Kurt Cobain" vibe, which is fucking lame. Thats all I really ever had against Nirvana.

Edited by sweetness

He made good music but for the most was so god damn depressing, you really have to be in the mood to enjoy it, nobody hears Heart Shaped Box on the radio and pumps it up and rocks out. And the whole thing surrounding Kurts suicide added to that and it gave the music this "pitty party for Kurt Cobain" vibe, which is fucking lame. Thats all I really ever had against Nirvana.

its actually really upbeat n energetic music with an amazing sense of humor. people jus read shit into it after his death. sure theres some bleak songs in there but no more than any other band. even some of the bleak ones r done with an energy that counteracts the subject matter

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Love Nirvana. Me and my sister cried when the news about Kurt came, was it 94? Dont remember. I was 6 or 7 or something then.

I rank them like the 3rd best band ever after GNR and Ac/Dc

your right they did make some depressing songs that surrounds kurts suicide. But nirvana left such a huge impact on the music buisness and it seems most people have forgotten all about it. which makes me mad. the main thing that pissed me off about nirvana was it was negitive music that is why. a good portion of todays youth enjoys pearl jam over nirvana. pearl jam was not at all depressing. eddie vedder had alot better voice then kurt cobain. and eddie is still alive. so i think pearl jam was a better band then nirvana.

Edited by bumblebucket