Is the entire album going to be like this?

brownsfan

So... I'm one of the 30-something idiots that paid $75 bucks per ducket to go to this Friday's show in Cleveland - hoping to catch a bit of the rock magic from when I was listening to G'n'R in high school.

So - I've read the boards daily for the past 2 months with fingers crossed - hoping that the album would hit the shelves before my 11/24 show-date.

This weekend I gave up on that stupidity... but after attending the UYI tour in the early 90's and not knowing any of the new songs other than Don't Cry, I decided to "prep" for this show by downloading the bootlegs of Better, Madagascar, IRS, CD, The Blues, etc...

There is some interesting stuff musically - not blow-your-mind-awesome, but interesting. I'm hoping that these bootlegs are still rough and the real stuff will be an improvement.

But the lyrics make me want to put a bullet in my head. In every damn song is Axl blaming other people for his screwed up past or his screwed up present. EVERY SONG. My god, man, haven't you paid enough shrinks over the past 15 years that you can finally GET OVER IT??!! Look in the mirror, man. Talk some responsibility. Move on.

I fear that this album is going to dissappoint so completely that this current incarnation of G'n'R will quickly become little more than a rock'n'roll footnote.

And what would THAT do to Axl's already-screwed-up mind?

Does this guy realize that he brings this shit on himself? does he realize that millions of people WANT him to succeed, but we end up tearing him down because of his behaviour? probably not. prolly never will.

But the lyrics make me want to put a bullet in my head. In every damn song is Axl blaming other people for his screwed up past or his screwed up present. EVERY SONG. My god, man, haven't you paid enough shrinks over the past 15 years that you can finally GET OVER IT??!! Look in the mirror, man. Talk some responsibility. Move on.

That's a good way to describe the new songs.

the album does not exist

you may be right... and at this point I think that might be a good thing in the long run. don't release the album, make nice with Slash (who's the only other original member with talent, imo), and stage a REAL comeback with a quality album. because what I've heard so far isn't going to put the "new g'n'r" on anyone's list of great bands.

So... I'm one of the 30-something idiots that paid $75 bucks per ducket to go to this Friday's show in Cleveland - hoping to catch a bit of the rock magic from when I was listening to G'n'R in high school.

So - I've read the boards daily for the past 2 months with fingers crossed - hoping that the album would hit the shelves before my 11/24 show-date.

This weekend I gave up on that stupidity... but after attending the UYI tour in the early 90's and not knowing any of the new songs other than Don't Cry, I decided to "prep" for this show by downloading the bootlegs of Better, Madagascar, IRS, CD, The Blues, etc...

There is some interesting stuff musically - not blow-your-mind-awesome, but interesting. I'm hoping that these bootlegs are still rough and the real stuff will be an improvement.

I fear that this album is going to dissappoint so completely that this current incarnation of G'n'R will quickly become little more than a rock'n'roll footnote.

Does this guy realize that he brings this shit on himself? does he realize that millions of people WANT him to succeed, but we end up tearing him down because of his behaviour? probably not. prolly never will.

He is a rock star, what else would you expect? Axl has some of the best lyrics one will ever read hands down !!!! AXL takes his time, does it his own way but he will deliver you wait and see...

Thanks,

Rainman rock3

CYA in motown on Saturday !!!

He is a rock star, what else would you expect? Axl has some of the best lyrics one will ever read hands down !!!! AXL takes his time, does it his own way but he will deliver you wait and see...

Thanks,

Rainman rock3

CYA in motown on Saturday !!!

I suggest you actually listen to the lyrics again, he aint blaming anyone. He doesn't say in any song that other people are to blame for anything except in The Blues or TWAT where he makes the point that everything he thought and felt about a person (stephanie probably) were actually lies.

On other songs he only expresses the feelings he felt at different stages during the past decade, for example on Madagascar saying he wont pay attention or be 'defeated' by those who spread lies and bullshit about him and the band. Or Better where he writes about him fighting a broken heart to hopefully be able to stage a comeback.

He expresses HIS side of the story, one you wont ever be able to believe after already accepting everything the media and his old bandmates have said about him as the truth.

If you were expecting Axl to write AFD type lyrics you'll be dissapointed as he writes about his life when he pens lyrics to songs; and as we all know those 'AFD' days are long gone.

Every single song on this album is about Stephanie Seymoure. She is the reason why he became a recluse. If those 2 would have gotten married the original band would still be kicking ass today. I remember back in 1999 on the howard Stern Show Robin Quivers during her news segment was saying that Axl's new album was going to be entirely about Stephanie. Howard was talking about how pathetic it was for a man to destroy his career over some stupid cunt. I'll repeat what Howard Stern said 7 yrs ago " GET OVER IT"!!

Axl has become an emo fag. This is sad.

Yes, I.R.S. is really about blaming past band members :rolleyes:. Good Lord, I don't think you could pull anything more dumb out of your ass even if you had a plunger.

Do some of you not realize that a ton of songs on the Illusions were just glorified rants and soft songs aswell? I suppose Estranged is just about dolphins and Don't Cry is about getting the yellow fever in the Bahamas? Cripes. That is how stupid you sound.

Nice job with your stupid analysis of the new songs. Axl's been writing lyrics like these for a while, and if you didn't notice, then you're an idiot.

Edited by Zeppelin

why do people over-analyse song lyrics??

can't you just enjoy the music, who cares about axl's personal life, i wanna hear more great music because the leaks are certainly that.

I think that if you listen to music that has no meaning in the lyrics, you are missing out. The lyrics of a song are like a bridge to another persons soul when they were writing.

Edited by RickM1

Yes, I.R.S. is really about blaming past band members :rolleyes:.

Do some of you not realize that a ton of songs on the Illusions were just glorified rants and soft songs aswell? I suppose Estranged is just about dolphins and Don't Cry is about getting the yellow fever in the Bahamas?

Nice job with your stupid analysis of the new songs. Axl's been writing lyrics like these for a while, and if you didn't notice, then you're an idiot.

2 points:

1) yes - UYI is full of rants - but that was friggin 16 years ago. and many of those rants were Axl speaking from a position of strength and confidence. eg. get in the ring, don't damn me, bad apple, even bad obsession and coma while introspective were confident and strong. these seem like they're coming from a wounded animal, 16 years after the wounds were inflicted.

2) even UYI was a mix of rants and "other stuff". I'm just saying that I hope we don't get an entire album of lyrics that demonstrate Axl is living in a bubble inside his own head.

unfortunately, we're stuck speculating about this kind of stuff instead of analyzing the new album for real.

why do people over-analyse song lyrics??

can't you just enjoy the music, who cares about axl's personal life, i wanna hear more great music because the leaks are certainly that.

I think that if you listen to music that has no meaning in the lyrics, you are missing out. The lyrics of a song are like a bridge to another persons sole when they were writing.

yes indeed but i wanna relate the lyrics to my own personal experiences not axl's, why would axl's experiences mean more to me than my own, hence i enjoy the music for myself, surely music that relates to your own life is music that truly has an impact on you, but i see your point of view and respect that.

EDIT: I think its people that over-analyse lyrics are the ones missing out on the enjoyment of the songs, i think some people are expecting the songs to be like a diary of axl's life, i personaly am not obsessed with axls personal life, i don't wanna look into the lyrics too much, i just wanna enjoy the music, its kinda hard for me to explain..each to their own i guess.

Edited by Let And Let Live

yes indeed but i wanna relate the lyrics to my own personal experiences not axl's, why would axl's experiences mean more to me than my own, hence i enjoy the music for myself, surely music that relates to your own life is music that truly has an impact on you, but i see your point of view and respect that.

I think that's well said - and it's tough to relate to these lyrics, for me at least.

Yea, I've noticed that too. Everything is always other peoples fault... Slash left, Duff left, Buckethead left, Izzy left... It was always their faults. He ass rapes Erin Everly and forces her to lick his shit stick... and Axl's pissed at her and her attorneys (re: Oklahoma incident). Axl can't drink on stage, it's the fire marshall's fault. The concerts sell poorly and get shitty reviews... it's the fans' fault because they need to get a life and quit complaining on the internet.

TWAT, Catcher in the Rye, Better and IRS are all about how poorly little Axl the cry baby is victimized. It's fucking creepy that he's still singing about Stepanie Seymour after all these long years. Christ, it's really sad and pathetic.

Everybody bitches about emo music around here. What's more emo than getting dumped by your girlfriend of a few months and having a complete mental breakdown... then fifteen years later writing a bunch of songs about your lonely broken heart. Interesting, sure. But very, very faggy.

Yeah, almost as faggy as your username.

Yea, I've noticed that too. Everything is always other peoples fault... Slash left, Duff left, Buckethead left, Izzy left... It was always their faults. He ass rapes Erin Everly and forces her to lick his shit stick... and Axl's pissed at her and her attorneys (re: Oklahoma incident). Axl can't drink on stage, it's the fire marshall's fault. The concerts sell poorly and get shitty reviews... it's the fans' fault because they need to get a life and quit complaining on the internet.

TWAT, Catcher in the Rye, Better and IRS are all about how poorly little Axl the cry baby is victimized. It's fucking creepy that he's still singing about Stepanie Seymour after all these long years. Christ, it's really sad and pathetic.

Everybody bitches about emo music around here. What's more emo than getting dumped by your girlfriend of a few months and having a complete mental breakdown... then fifteen years later writing a bunch of songs about your lonely broken heart. Interesting, sure. But very, very faggy.

Yeah, almost as faggy as your username.

lyrics....

Sweet loretta martin thought she was a woman

But she was another man

All the girls around her say she's got it coming

But she gets it while she can

Get back, get back.

Get back to where you once belonged

we gonna rip the beatles too?

Dont mean shit, if it is good it is good. You could probobly riop and band in histories lyrics.