What can be done about this

bax

I'm not talking about the poor souls who get a supposed release date from a retailer and post the info-they are only guilty of having false hope. Those who purposefully post false information regarding the release of CD are torturing people that have waited all these years for it. I have gotten to the point that I rarely get excited about a rumor that gets posted here or elsewhere, but there are many people who get sucked in and it is slowly driving them insane. Occasionally a rumor will have a "so strange it could be true" feel to it like the far downs debacle and it gets to a lot of us. I'm no mod and I have no authority here, but I think that the vast majority of people here would like to see the strictest possible penalty imposed on these individuals. I know this is difficult when people often post under multiple screen names, but surely there is something that can be done about this.

Ban rumour threads: allow only admins to post rumour threads (so that if you have one it has to go through them before it gets posted)?:)

But that's just me thinking on my head.:)

Wow... if we banned people for posting rumours, then you'd have been banned 10 times over?

If a rumour is a deliberate mislead, then we either warn or ban the member, depending on the situation surrounding it.

Ban rumour threads: allow only admins to post rumour threads (so that if you have one it has to go through them before it gets posted)?:)

But that's just me thinking on my head.:)

Wow... if we banned people for posting rumours, then you'd have been banned 10 times over?

If a rumour is a deliberate mislead, then we either warn or ban the member, depending on the situation surrounding it.

LOL, I meant release date rumours that deliberately wind people up, like today's "Wal-Mart" claim.

By the way, I was rocking out to AFD... etc...

just don't read them

i don't read those threads anymore

Exactly dont read them, the worse thing you could do is to reply, simply ignore them if the subject looks dodgy and they will not get their "kicks" and will go away eventually.

Banning isn't a solution as you can see from todays idiot who decided to post his previously deleted topic over and over, and the guy has re-registered and is still posting the same rubbish.

what did axl once say ..."the internet is one big garbage can" ....

if there isn't a reliable source..delete them...that's all you can do!

otherwise this idiots believe everything that is said in this forums! ...when the rumor don't come true...they all blame it on Axl ....you know who you all are! :lol:

in the mean time...isn't it the 21'st today...the record is out man, The Rolling Stone website said so! :rofl-lol::lol:

Edited by Funeral

As long as you differentiate the naive from the ball-busters - just ban them - or send a stiff warning

I can understand believing something or mis-hearing something and all that shit, but what kind of an idiot wastes his time knowingly posting mis-leading crap

Surely not someone who'd really mind being banned

Just remember: The release date is going to come from GNR. Not from your local record store, not from a radio DJ, not from someone's uncle's dog's sister, but GNR.

This should actually not be that hard to undertsand. But I guess people are getting som anxious that they´re not thinking logically anymore and just grasping at any release rumours other people throw out.

SO let´s all give Axl to the end of the year, after that we´ll tear him anew asshole, ok? :D

You should take them outside and then strip them down so they are naked. The you line them up and tie their hands behind their backs. Then you run from side to side with a chainsaw and you proceed to slice off their penises. Then you have a game of darts with their torsos, whoever gets the darts closest to their nipples wins. Then you rub a cheese grater across their forehead and proceed to piss all over their heads. Then you torch all their hair off with a flamethrower so they look they did when they were first born. Then you stick a hosepipe up each of their asses and proceed to pump gasoline into their rectum. You then lay each of them down and proceed to take a shit in each of their mouths and force them all to swallow. Then you tell them that unless they swallow their closest living male relatives cum, you will be forced to blow their fuckin heads off.

Thats how I'd do it anyway...

Edited by Charles Manson

how about people learn their lesson and take everything people post on here with a grain of salt. people have been posting rumors and all sorts of crap here about CD forever. dont believe anything unless it can be substantially backed up and supported. if someone says that CD is in walmart today, how about you say, well no other store in the whole entire world has it and its impossible for an album to be shipped magically without anyone knowing.

all of this secret release crap is just wishful thinking by people that cant except the CD isnt going to be coming out yet. retailers dont keep stuff secret because they want to maximize their sales, they want to advertize their merchandise and make as many people aware as possible, not as few as possible.