2006 USA TOUR--A FAILURE????

jaypayton

You people are all fucking nuts and have no grasp on reality and the world of music.

DO YOU KNOW HE IS PLAYING ON THE AVERAGE TO A HOUSE WITH AROUND 5000 people?? Everybody sells out in the northeast of the USA. The fucking Circus sells out NYC and NJ.

Look, he is close to being relegated to the VH1 Rock tour.

You people are all fucking nuts and have no grasp on reality and the world of music.

DO YOU KNOW HE IS PLAYING ON THE AVERAGE TO A HOUSE WITH AROUND 5000 people?? Everybody sells out in the northeast of the USA. The fucking Circus sells out NYC and NJ.

Have you been to a show this year......?

Why do you think I am writing this??

You just sound like the rest of the assholes that have not been to a show. The ones I went to were great. 95% of the reviews in newspapers and magazines have given it excellent reviews. Take a look at the posts my the members here and at HTGTH and see how many negative reviews you can find.

I guarantee that you have not been to a 2006 show- if you have been then you must be deaf, blind, dumb and just a plain fuckn idiot !!!

Anyone else been to a show and this year and though it sucked ???? Tell you what, lets start a new board and see what everyone thinks.

Edited by gnfnr2006

They are taking our money for the second time without a new album and while playing AFD and a few leaked songs, so I'd say it's a success for them, a failure for us.

So go watch U2 and when you see their ticket prices, you can come back to the forum and rethink your position.

WHAT ARE YOU THE DUMBEST FUCK AROUND?? U2 sold multiple nights in multiple stadiums WORLD WIDE. They also had a NUMBER ONE CD.

Ooooh, wooow, Guns N' Roses never did that before... :drevil:

And when Chinese Democracy comes out, they will sell out stadiums multiple nights and get a number 1 CD. That's not that big of a deal. So the answer to you question is no, you're the dumbest fuck around.

when GNR used to tour the USA it would rule the headlines and music world..the 91 and 92 UYI tours were daily newsmakers with Axl's rants, etc.........the appetite tour was notorious for the bands behavior, etc.........This tour has basically been very quiet......Lots of empty seats....GNR used to sell out baseball stadiums of 50,000 people and now cant sell out a 8,000 seat arena..........

yeah.. during the UYI tour Guns was maybe the worlds most succesful band. But a few records (although great) ain't enough to keep the general audience interested forever. Com'on! Considering how Axl done everything he possibly can to make people forget about guns and they still play pretty large venues now 14 years after their last original recording. That is huge. Not a failure. Or do you speak about the quality of the shows? I saw them in Globen in Sweden and it was a fuckin blast. I read very positive reivews all over for this tour. That does not sound like a failure to me...

Thing is. Whitout a new record Guns will NEVER fill a 50 000 seat arena again. Probably not with CD either tho. :(

when GNR used to tour the USA it would rule the headlines and music world..the 91 and 92 UYI tours were daily newsmakers with Axl's rants, etc.........the appetite tour was notorious for the bands behavior, etc.........This tour has basically been very quiet......Lots of empty seats....GNR used to sell out baseball stadiums of 50,000 people and now cant sell out a 8,000 seat arena..........

yeah.. during the UYI tour Guns was maybe the worlds most succesful band. But a few records (although great) ain't enough to keep the general audience interested forever. Com'on! Considering how Axl done everything he possibly can to make people forget about guns and they still play pretty large venues now 14 years after their last original recording. That is huge. Not a failure. Or do you speak about the quality of the shows? I saw them in Globen in Sweden and it was a fuckin blast. I read very positive reivews all over for this tour. That does not sound like a failure to me...

Thing is. Whitout a new record Guns will NEVER fill a 50 000 seat arena again. Probably not with CD either tho. :(

Hell I just went a saw Eric Clapton and he didnt even sell out in little ass Raleigh NC !! Great show by ONE OF THE GREATEST ARTISTS OF ALL TIME but not sold out !!

You are all hopeless.

Hey sport, U2 has been doing it for decades. GNR no.

Never said the shows were bad, but look at all the GREAT review and what they have done for the sales.

NOTHING.

So in regards to both of you FUCK off and make sure you keep this new gnr against the world mentality.

Hey do you REALLY think you will see CD??

Deep down you know his new songs bombed and that is why he is not putting them out.

the guys screaming its not 1991 or 1992 anymore are teenyboppers who dont know shit about Guns N Roses.....dont be mad just cuz you missed out on one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll..i feel sorry for the teenyboppers that their only memory of GNR is buckethead and bumblefoot and they dont even know what songs liek 'shadow of your love' or 'nice boys' are about........

the guys screaming its not 1991 or 1992 anymore are teenyboppers who dont know shit about Guns N Roses.....dont be mad just cuz you missed out on one of the greatest bands in the history of rock n roll..i feel sorry for the teenyboppers that their only memory of GNR is buckethead and bumblefoot and they dont even know what songs liek 'shadow of your love' or 'nice boys' are about........

LOL I'm one of those kids you're talking about, but I know both those songs...and I know a lot about GN'R...most kids don't, but not all...so you can stfu. :fuckyou:

teenyboppers....bla bla bla....old GNR ..bla bla bla.... OK, we heard you on other 77 of your posts already! :sleeper: you been repeating yerself like a broken record for 77 times :lol::laugh:

teenyboppers....bla bla bla....old GNR ..bla bla bla....bla..bla..bla Bring back Slash...bla..bla..bla....reunite with Izzy and duff......bla bla bla, you teenyboppers don't know shit....bla bla bla :rofl-lol:

you need to check with yer doctor dude! ...yer defiantly a mental case! :lol:

teenyboppers....bla bla bla....old GNR ..bla bla bla.... OK, we heard you on other 77 of your posts already! :sleeper: you been repeating yerself like a broken record for 77 times :lol::laugh:

teenyboppers....bla bla bla....old GNR ..bla bla bla....bla..bla..bla Bring back Slash...bla..bla..bla....reunite with Izzy and duff......bla bla bla, you teenyboppers don't know shit....bla bla bla :rofl-lol:

you need to check with yer doctor dude! ...yer defiantly a mental case! :lol:

you should follow your own advice

I've seen GNR in concert more than I need to mention and without a doubt this 2006 tour has yielded the best performances and musicianship I have witnessed to date. The band has never been this tight. The band has never had such good solos. Axl's voice has never sounded better. And as far as the turnout, considering no album yet how good was the turnout prior to AFD? Far worse. This is just the beginning of history in the making friend. BTW - Baltimore blew away Hammerstein '06, Vegas '01 or Seattle '92 w/Metallica just to name a few of the notable shows I can give a direct in-person comparison to..

~M

I was at MSG, known as the worlds most famous venue, and they sold it out and put on the sickest concert I have ever seen live. I don't think that's a failure! Also they have sold out many huge venues and are making a shit load of money even though...

1)Only one original member is still in the band. And he is 43, meaning the young crowd doesn't relate to him .

2)No new music in over a decade....As long as you don't count "Oh My God" which no real fan would.

3)No promotion! I have yet to see one commercial,billboard. I didn't even see a newspaper add leading up to the MSG show.

Anyone who thinks this is a failure needs to learn what the word means

You just sound like the rest of the assholes that have not been to a show. The ones I went to were great. 95% of the reviews in newspapers and magazines have given it excellent reviews. Take a look at the posts my the members here and at HTGTH and see how many negative reviews you can find.

I guarantee that you have not been to a 2006 show- if you have been then you must be deaf, blind, dumb and just a plain fuckn idiot !!!

Anyone else been to a show and this year and though it sucked ???? Tell you what, lets start a new board and see what everyone thinks.

You are dead on bro, if you saw em you would see/feel the energy, they are having a good time and partying. Rock music is not measured by money (though sales have been good) it is by energy and performance, so find me a negative review from a professional critic, i.e. roling stone, etc and then I might believe....no actually I wont cause I saw em in SF and they were phenominal. rock3 Jump off the ledge by yourself negs!

Se ya in Fresno/Oak 13/15th rock1

I was at MSG, known as the worlds most famous venue, and they sold it out and put on the sickest concert I have ever seen live. I don't think that's a failure! Also they have sold out many huge venues and are making a shit load of money even though...

1)Only one original member is still in the band. And he is 43, meaning the young crowd doesn't relate to him .

2)No new music in over a decade....As long as you don't count "Oh My God" which no real fan would.

3)No promotion! I have yet to see one commercial,billboard. I didn't even see a newspaper add leading up to the MSG show.

Anyone who thinks this is a failure needs to learn what the word means

Or just hasnt been to a show. Bottom line they are slaying and playing long shows. rock3

the tour is going well only 1 canceil show

Tours are not supposed to have cancelled shows! The tour is a failure. Many people around Boston/Worcester who were interested to see the new band refused to go because they weren't sure if axl would even show up.

buddy this aint 2001 or 2002 this is 2006 and the tour is not a failure and the reason 1 show was canceil you can blame the fucking fire people

You know, up untill today I was like you, but now the fact that they aren't releasing CD and are not even talking about it has made me wake up and see the reality that we keep getting pissed on by this band. I hope you can see that one day too.

Dude, it's not the allegory of the cave. You don't see farther than others on this board. You haven't woken up and seen the light compared to others on the board, you are just pessimistic, and pissed off, and apparently over invested in this CD coming out. However, where you are really wrong is in calling this tour a failure. Its one of the most successful current tours, and it's gotten good reviews. You just need to take two deep breaths, and shut the hell up.

What's with all the U2 talk? Who cares? IMO, U2 are musically pompous, and socially conscious, the latter quality of which is pretty cool. They have some decent songs, but they tend to bore me.

im glad they are putting on great shows..unfortunately theres no album...and the songs they are playing are from the original band............so Axl is fronting a great GNR cover band..thats fine and dandy...........and the teenyboppers should go play their fall out boy records and keep asking yourself what song is'reckless life' and did GNR really cover 'jumpin jack flash'??

and by the way, i am only a few years older than the teenybopper crowd but considering i saw my first GNR concert at 8 years old on the GNR/Aerosmith tour in summer 1988 i think i qualify as one of the ol skool diehards

Edited by jaypayton

You gotta love those European GNR fans...

I love how people consider selling out MSG to be a major accomplishment. For god sakes everybody sells out MSG..Marc Anthony sold out MSG 3 nights in a row with a bunch of salsa loving fans. Get over it..selling out MSG is not a major thing.

1st you bring up KFED, now Marc Anthony, any other crap music you want to express your knowledge on because you sure don't know much about GNR.

Bet you would be a hit on a KFED fanboard though! ;)

Who gives a shit?

All the shows were very good. I like the new songs.

I don't give a shit how many other people go the shows or what they think

And, it's very simple. If you are not a fan of the current line-up, no problem. But there is no need to bash other fans. It's all a matter of taste.

Edited by Maestro