Frank reveals a New song title "Broken"

Hanoi Rocks

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't confirm that "forever gnr"confirms that "wow" confirms that "dead flowers" confirms that "jackamo" confirms. But what I can confirm is I like all these rumors. If we can't have the album at least we have something to think about. Keep the rumors coming and eventually some of them will start being true.

http://gnrnews.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=382

After Monday nights gig, I asked the drummer Frank what tracks he's been working on. He couldn't tell me. Why? He's not allowed to discuss it. Please? Sorry he can't. Anything, please? He said that he worked on the title track recently along with a couple new ones. He did alot of free-style drum beats, but they are just scraps, not actual songs. Favorite Track?? Better, Maddy and Broken. My eyes lit up when I heard him mention a title that I never heard of before. I asked him what Broken sounds like. He said sorry, but he can't discuss it any further.

This guy Dan, that I met at the gig, was at the so called after-party at Bubbles Mansion, he didn't see any band members, but he claimed to have seen a disc with three track on it. 1. "Better" & 2. "The Blues" and 3 was also "The Blues" but some kind of edit or remix or alt. take. It was on a disc with cover art similar to the curtains behind the stage at the live shows. He thought it was the upcoming single, but they never played it. The guy that worked at the club was showing it around because it was autographed.

Take it and beat off, or whatever you guys do to rumours.

I guess that is the answer....... ;)

"Hi, I'm in a band. Unfortunately, tha'ts all I'm ALLOWED to say."

Now, that's not weird.

nope :rofl-lol:

Edited by dally

I don't think "Broken" is a new song title for us. It may be short for "Eulogy of a broken heart", which was a rumoured title back in the day.

It could be, but who knows... I personally like longer song titles like "You could be mine" "Sweet child of mine" etc. But it seems that the new album will have a lot of shorter ones (Better, IRS, Sorry etc)

broken, sorry, the blues, there was a time, sounds like a potentially mehelencholy album...

Yes, that's what I was thinking too!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

It seems Axl wants to make a big book of "past problems" and hand over it to the public.

Anyone willing to write his biography? Get your handkerchieves! <_<

I hope what will be on CD won't be depressing. !

Axl, do you supply the gun too along with the compact disc? :question:

Please, no offense intended but it made me laugh!

"Hi, I'm in a band. Unfortunately, tha'ts all I'm ALLOWED to say."

Now, that's not weird.

thats sad.. but frank is not actually IN the band. hes just replacing brain. although he IS gonna perform in the album. :confused: and buckethead also. :confused: and ... thats one weird band. :confused: ]

well its axl right.

Now did Frank use the term "the title track" or did he say he worked on "Chinese Democracy"?

Basically, what I'm getting at is this-- what are the chances he worked on the title track for one of the upcoming albums that will come out AFTER Chinese Democracy? If we go by what Del James has said, then any recording going on now is for future albums, not necessarily Chinese Democracy.

Just an idea...

damn.. i'd like to get the single if there is gonn be one rock2

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 22 2006, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hmm NIN anyone...

Maybe Broken is a cover of the Bruce Dickinson song??? :P

[/quote

Don't forget "I'm Broken" by Pantera....... :P

pantera rules

How exactly does all this secrecy benefit the band?

Bad word of mouth among fans, apathy from the general public, and bad press from those in the media who'd really, really like to care about Axl again.

it dosn't

What I reckon is happening here is that Brain is out of the band for good and Frank is recording ALL drum parts again for the album. Just in the same way that I bet no Buckethead will be heard on the album.

I'm still betting that this tour will end early again.

Then Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again, Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again, Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again, Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again, Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again, Axl will run back to his Malibu mansion, someone will leave the band 2 years after that time, Axl will regroup and tour again, promise the album again, get a new band member to re-record some parts on the album, end the tour early again,

I think you get the picture.

and by that time it would be 2043 ... roughly

• 2 months later...
It worries me that Better is frequently mentioned as the favorite song of some. Is there really nothing much better than Better?

Yes. Catcher In The Rye.

It all comes down to personal opinion ;)

Thankyou -_- Catcher, for me, is simply beautiful.Period. Although somtimes I do wonder if there is many more better songs, I Belive there is better songs on this album. from whats been said in the past...I dont need to qoute..

Ps, Im looking foward to "Broken"

Bumblefoot has said that his favorites on the album are the songs that we haven't heard yet - And I believe him. Not to say that the new songs aren't impressive, because most of them blow me away.

But I'm convinced that Axl and Co. orchestrated the leaks, and as cool as that was, Axl wouldn't let his best material go like that. They're keeping the best stuff close to them, and that's an exciting prospect.

Also, here's hoping that a new, smoothed out/reworked version of CITR is released someday. Besides the choppiness of the mix and structure, that song is amazing and very, very beautiful. Axl's really got something there, and if the rough edges were smoothed out, it'd easily be one of the very best GN'R songs ever.

Edited by EccoTides

Bumblefoot has said that his favorites on the album are the songs that we haven't heard yet - And I believe him. Not to say that the new songs aren't impressive, because most of them blow me away.

But I'm convinced that Axl and Co. orchestrated the leaks, and as cool as that was, Axl wouldn't let his best material go like that. They're keeping the best stuff close to them, and that's an exciting prospect.

Also, here's hoping that a new, smoothed out/reworked version of CITR is released someday. Besides the choppiness of the mix and structure, that song is amazing and very, very beautiful. Axl's really got something there, and if the rough edges were smoothed out, it'd easily be one of the very best GN'R songs ever.

catcher is such an eclectic song. It takes some of the best influences in Rock and Roll i.e. , Beatles, Bowie, Elton etc and puts them in a song with Axl's attitude(ish) lyrics and it becomes epic. I like to keep reminding myself these songs were DEMOS, and they have most likely been refined since then. I read alot about people saying that these songs aren't that great. But i have been listening to them periodically for years and I still love them. If he saved the best for last, this album should be epic.

Good point on Cather though, just a phenomenal piece. It doesn't sound like AFD, but they aren't those guys anymore, and I really believe with the right culturing Axl can make this band great. They are on their way...I think??? We will see this summer.