Frank reveals a New song title "Broken"

Hanoi Rocks

Bumblefoot has said that his favorites on the album are the songs that we haven't heard yet - And I believe him. Not to say that the new songs aren't impressive, because most of them blow me away.

But I'm convinced that Axl and Co. orchestrated the leaks, and as cool as that was, Axl wouldn't let his best material go like that. They're keeping the best stuff close to them, and that's an exciting prospect.

Also, here's hoping that a new, smoothed out/reworked version of CITR is released someday. Besides the choppiness of the mix and structure, that song is amazing and very, very beautiful. Axl's really got something there, and if the rough edges were smoothed out, it'd easily be one of the very best GN'R songs ever.

catcher is such an eclectic song. It takes some of the best influences in Rock and Roll i.e. , Beatles, Bowie, Elton etc and puts them in a song with Axl's attitude(ish) lyrics and it becomes epic. I like to keep reminding myself these songs were DEMOS, and they have most likely been refined since then. I read alot about people saying that these songs aren't that great. But i have been listening to them periodically for years and I still love them. If he saved the best for last, this album should be epic.

Good point on Cather though, just a phenomenal piece. It doesn't sound like AFD, but they aren't those guys anymore, and I really believe with the right culturing Axl can make this band great. They are on their way...I think??? We will see this summer.

what do u mean youve been listining to them for years?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumblefoot has said that his favorites on the album are the songs that we haven't heard yet - And I believe him. Not to say that the new songs aren't impressive, because most of them blow me away.

But I'm convinced that Axl and Co. orchestrated the leaks, and as cool as that was, Axl wouldn't let his best material go like that. They're keeping the best stuff close to them, and that's an exciting prospect.

Also, here's hoping that a new, smoothed out/reworked version of CITR is released someday. Besides the choppiness of the mix and structure, that song is amazing and very, very beautiful. Axl's really got something there, and if the rough edges were smoothed out, it'd easily be one of the very best GN'R songs ever.

catcher is such an eclectic song. It takes some of the best influences in Rock and Roll i.e. , Beatles, Bowie, Elton etc and puts them in a song with Axl's attitude(ish) lyrics and it becomes epic. I like to keep reminding myself these songs were DEMOS, and they have most likely been refined since then. I read alot about people saying that these songs aren't that great. But i have been listening to them periodically for years and I still love them. If he saved the best for last, this album should be epic.

Good point on Cather though, just a phenomenal piece. It doesn't sound like AFD, but they aren't those guys anymore, and I really believe with the right culturing Axl can make this band great. They are on their way...I think??? We will see this summer.

what do u mean youve been listining to them for years?

dude, these leaks have been out for years man. So every once in a while I listen to them. They didnt just come out.

dude, these leaks have been out for years man. So every once in a while I listen to them. They didnt just come out.

Well, they've been out for a little over 1 year, so I guess that kinda counts. Years is stretching it though. B)

Edited by EccoTides