eBay ticket touts in U.S

Towserhead

It's weird reading about the shows in the U.S not selling out.

Haven't you got the eBay ticket touts in the U.S who buy all the tickets at pre-sale before the real fans can get them, then put the on eBay at 4-5 times their face value?.

That's the way it's done in th U.K which pretty much guarantees anyone sells their shows out.

Because of the ticket touts on eBay, I had to pay £185 for 2 tickets to the Hammersmith Apollo show, £110 for 2 tickets to the first Wembley show and I was stupid enough to spend £320 on 2 V.I.P tickets to the 2nd Wembley show.

On one occasion, I dialled from the minute tickets went on pre-sale constantly for 2 hours without getting through once.

The hottest tickets for any U.S. show was in May for the Hammerstein. The pre-sale gave the fans on the boards the opportunity to get the tickets first, and I think it worked pretty well. Plus I think there was a limit of only 4 (?) tix. to purchase per person.

After that, not even the scalpers were interested in buying the tickets to sell on e-bay. There wasn't much of a demand, and people selling them on e-bay were doing so at a loss just to unload them.