Fan loses patience with Axl Rose's late start

mahimahi

Hehe, I was in kind of the same situation as this fan but I knew that Axl is often late since I´ve seen him two times before and one of those times he was 2 and half hours LATE because he was playing Black Jack at Café Opera.

Well, me and some friends rented a van to drive to this years show in Stockholm, the day after the show I started my first day of work so I was kind of nervous if I would get back in time for when it started and I sure knew I wouldn´t if Axl was going to be even just 1 hour late (since I live in Gothenburg which is pretty far away from Stockholm). I was in luck cause after only what seemed about 20 minutes after Avenged Sevenfold stopped playing we all heard the Jaws-like intro and we all knew that soon we we´re gonna hear the intro to WTJ! Needeless to say I was home 40 minutes before I had to be at my new work place and I got there exhausted but HIGH ON LIFE after seeing an amazing rock show only hours earlier, hehe. :D

I don´t know what I would´ve done if Axl had gone on late, all I know is I would have been late for work, cause there is no way in hell I would´ve missed GN´R! ;)

Edited by Lukinx

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks thet she had a transportation problem but if she has been a fan since the beginning shouldn't she know that Axl never goes on at the exact time as scheduled?

I'm in a wheel chair and went to the toronto show and enjoyed every minute of the Guns set but I did see another man in a wheelchair leave durring November Rain.

But that's great that she got to rock out.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

If she was really a long-time fan as she claims, then she would know that the show always has a late start - and she wouldn't be acting shocked and appalled that the band might not hit the stage before 11 or even midnight. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the woman.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

If she was really a long-time fan as she claims, then she would know that the show always has a late start - and she wouldn't be acting shocked and appalled that the band might not hit the stage before 11 or even midnight. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the woman.

agreed, she sounds like a crippled person just looking for attention.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Attacking a disabled person. That's a classy move. But I get the feeling that you don't have any sympathy, period.

Yea, Why cant GNR play early for this guy because he doesnt have a car.

Why dont they just play in our homes for free so we dont have to pay money or get out of our chairs?

Its simple, you can do anything if you want to. If he cant figure out how to get from point A to point B, hes too stupid to go anyway.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Attacking a disabled person. That's a classy move. But I get the feeling that you don't have any sympathy, period.

No, I don't have any sympathy for attention-seekers. None at all.

Sorry - but claiming to be a long-time fan - and than acting outraged and appalled after learning the show would start late - doesn't mesh.

Guns want to give people a real rock n’ roll ’70’s night out. Back then people never slept. Late nights and a good time were always on the menu. At the same time,they are sensitive to people's requirements"

Out of all the shows that I saw back then,only the bar gigs and some of the multi-band festivals went past midnight.

I don't recall a concert by a single billed headlining act (at a stadium or arena environment) ever starting at midnight.

I don't give a shit about it...however I can't help but notice the midnight GnR starts are becoming an en masse issue.

There's nothing about starting at midnight that is "sensitive to people's requirements".

But hey...you're living on Axl time,take your lumps or get the fuck out (and that appears to happening half way through the shows).

People offered her a fucking ride to the gig and she turned them down because she wanted a handy-limo. Couldn't a few people have picked her up, put her in the back seat, and thrown her chair in the trunk? Sounds like this person is an attention whore out to extort GnR. No "liquor and whores" for you Mary.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Me neither... sounds like whoever this reporter was he was just trying to stir up some bad press for whatever reason. As for this woman, I likewise have no sympathy.

I mean, doesn't she have any friends or family who could drive her? What is a handicapped woman doing going, according to this account, alone to begin with?

I smell a serious pile of hourse dung if you ask me.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

Jesus Christ, blow it out your ass Takeshi. Your dumb ass politically-correct banter got old well over a year ago.

they have a point for people with disabilites they wont be able to get there and back which aint fair

Unless they get driven or drive themselves. The facilities are in place at the arena already, she just couldn't get there. I mean, my mate is disabled (and can now drive) - and when we went to gigs we either arranged lifts, or if local, on foot.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

One can't criticise anyone less fortunate than you without getting bashed, that's so fucking stupid.

We all know, one should have respect, but the case here is obvious, as Madison pointed out.

Small story from one of my shows this summer;

I had been standing in line 11 hours to get in! Got in, and i was as close as one could get!

Than there came this really tiny person, probaly 150cm tall (myself beeing 175, which is not that tall either)

And she demanded that i gave here my place, cause she was so tiny.. That pissed me of! i was in que 11 hours to see this AWESOME band, and there she was, showing up after bullet had played demanding to have my spot. She probably knew she was not to tall, why not just stand in que yourself ?

The bitch even tried getting security to make someone give they're spor up front to her. I simply just told them "Most of us have been standing outside 10 hours to get theese spots, she just got here, who the hell does she thing she is ?"

I agree with Madison. Other people would have the same problem even if they weren't disabled and took public transportation. I don't see any of them whining about it. She solved the problem and should have had it solved long ago knowing how GNR are with their times. She was looking for attention and using her disability. I have a friend that is disabled and we always had him drive because he got the best parking spot and had close seats that were reserved for the disabled people.

Some people just like to get attention by using a sympathy card whether it be a disability or race or whatever they can think of.

I am sympathetic to her disablity but GNR did not put her in a chair. It is not the promoters responsibility that she gets to the show. And that she gets home. It is her own. Everyone has their own problems and they can't use disability as leverage. It is wrong. Most of us at some point will be disabled. This does not mean we are above the law or regulations that others must follow. That is life..... It sucks....