Fan loses patience with Axl Rose's late start

mahimahi

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boo hoo hoo.

If she was really a long-time fan as she claims, then she would know that the show always has a late start - and she wouldn't be acting shocked and appalled that the band might not hit the stage before 11 or even midnight. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the woman.

wow... :shocked:

Charlie, there's no "wow" factor there, come one buddy, I whole-heartly agree with her!

I agree and disagree at the same time.

We shouldnt be giving sympathy just because the woman is disabled, but at the same time we shouldnt be rude either.

You assume that woman should know how incompetant Axl is and how he always turns up late. Maybe she does know. But why should that stop her going to see a performer who she likes, only to put off by the fact that she is disabled and has little or no means of transportation after a certain time?

Hell, the way you are saying it madison, you may aswell tell the woman not to bother going at all!

It looks good on Guns N Roses that they aren't selling out these arenas. In my opinion, Axl looked upset when people left the show I went to in Toronto at around 1:30, but what the hell was he thinking playing so late. I've always been as loyal a fan as I can imagine, but even I was super pissed when I missed the train back home and had to wait in a donut shop until 6:15 the following mornign waiting for the train to start back up, while having to be at work the enxt morning. Complete ignorance in my opinion, and there's no excuse for it.

Oh boo hoo hoo.

If she was really a long-time fan as she claims, then she would know that the show always has a late start - and she wouldn't be acting shocked and appalled that the band might not hit the stage before 11 or even midnight. Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the woman.

agreed, she sounds like a crippled person just looking for attention.

umm lets be a little more sensitive here. The way society has bent over backward for handicapped (not crippled, this is the new melinneum) she is just used to being catered to a little more. I suspect there is some truth to what you say, but lets just try not to be so obtuse about it.

Yeah society does bend over backwards for the handicapped - too much. This whole society is turning everyone into wimps. There is a new rule or law every time I turn around. Hell, even the game of hockey is turning mellow with the new interference calls. Soon we'll all be living in a bubble - that's what will kill us off. Nobody will know how to take care of theirselves or solve any problems.

*rant over* :P

I believe this problem could be easily resolved.

GNR are one of the few bands that people go to see just for GNR. Nobody cares much for the opening acts, it could simply be GNR and I dont think one person would complain. Now he is adding more opening acts with Bach, which I think is a mistake. Bach is a great opening act, but IMO he should be the only one. He could play at 8:00 until 9:00, then GNR could come on at 9:45-10:00, finish just after Midnight and that would pretty much end this 2:30am in the morning crap.

I believe all these pointless opening acts most people dont know are just added so Axl can come on late as fuck, I just dont get it.

I guess I just hate that people have to leave half the way threw the show because they started so late, he should respect the fans who have to get up the next morning.

Screw the attention whore cripple

Dont pick on someone for being handicap, thats just wrong man.

I have nothing against the handicap. She just fits the stereotype I give people like her.

boo-fuckin-hoo... she should've kept her mouth shut instead she had to get her 1.4 seconds of fame. bitch. <_<

Just to remind everyone here, who apparently didn't read the article completely:

"I wanted to see Axl Rose as far back as the '80s. This was my chance and I was so excited I'd finally get to see him and now there's no way. With everything that's going on downtown these days, I can't be walking home at one in the morning.

That's a quote from the supposed 'handicapped' or 'crippled' woman. Sounds like she doesn't have a problem walking.

Just to remind everyone here, who apparently didn't read the article completely:

"I wanted to see Axl Rose as far back as the '80s. This was my chance and I was so excited I'd finally get to see him and now there's no way. With everything that's going on downtown these days, I can't be walking home at one in the morning.

That's a quote from the supposed 'handicapped' or 'crippled' woman. Sounds like she doesn't have a problem walking.

Well dude, I have M.S. and I do take offense. I consider it offensive and it is no different than any other descrimination. I am truely glad that you do not deal with what I deal with from day to day just to stay out of a wheelchair, and I would like to think I could at least go to a forum about my favorite band without having to deal with people who have no compassion. This is about music, not about people spewing hate, and that is what that was. No way to spin it. Period.

I am not in a wheelchair and may never be in one (crosses fingers) but my life has been changed through no fault of my own, I dont blame anyone or cry about it, I just dont wanna have to deal with it here.

Lets just enjoy what we have here and not ruin it.

Well dude, I have M.S. and I do take offense. I consider it offensive and it is no different than any other descrimination. I am truely glad that you do not deal with what I deal with from day to day just to stay out of a wheelchair, and I would like to think I could at least go to a forum about my favorite band without having to deal with people who have no compassion. This is about music, not about people spewing hate, and that is what that was. No way to spin it. Period.

I am not in a wheelchair and may never be in one (crosses fingers) but my life has been changed through no fault of my own, I dont blame anyone or cry about it, I just dont wanna have to deal with it here.

I wish you the best man. I know it must be tuff. As far as government and institutions go, I believe they should be able to accomodate about 95% of the population. But there are those whose needs are extraordinary, and are simply not viable to try to enact. It is when some handicap organizations start targetting all types of small businesses that can't make the upgrades or simply do not have the need for them. In a perfect world access would be ideal for everyone. But this is asking way too much. Denying jobs to handicapped persons based on their handicap alone is indeed discrimination. Denying them jobs because the company's insurance will not cover their ailments, or if the ailments can significantly inhibit performance and or judgement is not descriminitation. It is called doing what is best for your business, and limiting losses. To be honest with you, I think it is all BS anyway. If I own a company, no one better tell me who I can an cannot hire. I will hire whomever I want, and discriminate at my own leasure. This is tha natural order of life. But what do I know?

Sorry to hear about your disability. I'm personally not crippled in any way (crippled refers to being ubable to physically perform normal things with your body... like walking or carrying something with two hands because you're missing an arm) nor am I disabled (can mean the same thing as being crippled, but also encompases things like blindness, deafness, studdering, etc.). But, my grandfather is missing an arm (lost it at Normandy beach) and refers to himself as a 'cripple'. All pun intended. Most black people (or is that wrong to say, should I say 'African American'? What if I take offense to be called 'white'? I guess people should start calling me 'European American', 'Caucasian American' or 'German/Irish American' so I don't take offense) call each other the 'N' word in music and on the streets. But, if used out of context by anybody, it can be offensive.

Jackamo used the word 'cripple' out of context, which can be insulting to some people. But, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it and I'm sorry you took so much offense to it that you have to start threads in an effort to get people to ignore him. Some people operate in different ways, and if I don't like how they operate, I ignore them. I just recently found out an accuatience of mine joined the KKK. I saw HER not too long ago and she said hi to me... I asked her to not bother me anymore because of her ridiculous beliefs. I didn't post posters of her around town educating everybody about what's wrong with her beliefs or actions. I tell her to fuck off and that's the end of it as far as I'm concerned.

The problem with today's society is there are too many flag throwers. Thanks to a generation of flag throwers and politically correct wankers, people in free societies around the world, especially in the United States, are pampered and spoiled to death. We have a generation of kids that are going to go off into the world and a vast majority of them are going to be complete failures in life because parents can't 'spank' them anymore or teach them the difference between good and bad people in the world because that would be discrimitive. What's worse, that was somewhat apparent in the generation before that, because a lot of young people today have parents that are already like that. Most of them are drug addicts or 12 years old walking around the mall using the word 'fuck' like it was a cowboy saying 'good-day' to passing strangers while tipping his hat.

But, none of us DARE throw a flag on them. None of us DARE point out what's wrong with that. None of us DARE discriminate them.

That's the problem with the world today... spearheaded by a Liberal agenda. One day, it's gonna all come back to bite us in the ass.

Big time.

So, I suggest you don't make a big pity-party scene out of Jackamo's comments. If you have a problem with them, send him a PM, tell him he's an ass hole, and block him and his posts if that's what you wish. We're all big boys and girls... let us draw our own conclusions.

Bottom line, it isnt just what Jakomo said, it is the utter disregard for people and their feelings that I was bothered by. I will not lose one wink of sleep over something someone said on a forum whom I have never met. I am too arrogant for that. But when situations get this out of hand, and they are, someone needs to remind people like Jakomo that there are other people in the world, not just themselves. And just because I can disregard it, doesnt mean that he quite possibly could have seriously hurt someone or caused stress.. And for what?

As far as the woman, I wasnt defending her. Never did. If she was a lifelong fan then she should have known. I cant play basketball three times a week anymore, but I dont ask the guys at central park to "slow down for me". Though I can still shoot pretty well rock3

I just think when someone says something so blatantly hateful, he needs to be checked into the boards on it. Cause if it keeps on going, this site will just get worse.

So it isnt just about the comment, but it is really kinda the way he disregarded us all. Not on a soapbox, I just know that some people are not as thick skinned as I am, and may not just blow off Jakamo after putting there two cents in. What if someone felt like they didnt belong to this little community after Jerkamo said that? And it is just that, a community, But fuck them cause the rest of us are having a good time?

And you guys criticize Axl for being selfish, heh, ironic.

And for the record, being called a cripple IS derogatory. I would rather just be called Gunzen, if it is all the same to you guys. I will be at the Dec 15th show, and will stand for the whole thing (though my GA days are over), I will just be fucking tired at the end rock1