Rift between Iron Maiden fans and GN'R fans?

Powerage5

It seems like a lot of people here bash Iron Maiden (Usually for bullshit reasons). I also post on the Iron Maiden messageboard and nearly everyone there bashes GN'R (Again, usually for bullshit reasons). I've heard a lot of people quote an old Axl interview (Donington '88 I think) where Axl said Maiden was too political. Now, can someone explain to me why on Earth you think Maiden is "political"? They were never a politically-motivated band up until the Dance Of Death album.

On the other hand, a lot of Maiden fans are upset with GN'R because of the deaths of the 2 fans at Donington '88. Maiden have wanted to release this show for years, as it was one of the bands best performances ever, but are still troubled by the deaths of the fans and feel it would not be right to release it. As such, Maiden fans don't give GN'R a chance.

And of course, seeing people bashing Maiden in this Kerrang list where they beat out GN'R for first only fuels my interest in this argument between the fans. I guess I'm just looking for someone who can explain it to me because I feel like both groups of fans are wrong.

I don't think too much about Maiden. They're OK I guess.

To be fair the guy was 45 years old when that video was shot, and for that age he still has a great set of pipes on him.

That video is even more recent and he sounds great on it. Rumour had it at one point that the Death on the Road gig was Bruce recovering from laryngitis, and that because Steve picks the performances he picked his best one.

This is from in his prime. Damn near untouchable

I have to agree. The second one from 1982 is really almost untouchable. rock3 If you compare it to the first one, you have to agree, that the 2005 version is nowhere compared to this.

i think maiden was in the white house discussin politics with something, george bush...thAts why they are political mother fukkerz :fuckyou::fuckyou: discussin environment shit morons, and they speak politics with their crowd..if Axl rose speaks environment its only how he the best can pollute as much as possible, go Axl!! pollute the world!!

Edited by Roses eats Lions

To be fair the guy was 45 years old when that video was shot, and for that age he still has a great set of pipes on him.

That video is even more recent and he sounds great on it. Rumour had it at one point that the Death on the Road gig was Bruce recovering from laryngitis, and that because Steve picks the performances he picked his best one.

This is from in his prime. Damn near untouchable

I have to agree. The second one from 1982 is really almost untouchable. rock3 If you compare it to the first one, you have to agree, that the 2005 version is nowhere compared to this.

I agree with you there mate, he's not as good as he was, but for a man of his age he still sounds really brilliant. That was a great tour for him

if you have any taste of music whatsoever you will listen to either iron maiden or guns n roses and like it.

they are my two favourite bands and no one can touch them

iron maiden spanding nearly 30 years releasing an album at least every 2 years. With high energy performances and new albums which are better than their old stuff.

Guns n roses probally the biggest rock band with the most impressive back catalogue. With one of the most charasmatic frontmen of all time and some of the most memorable riffs and solos in rock history.

• 2 weeks later...

go watch the maiden live after death dvd

that dvd owns everyone

I've seen this DVD and I don't agree with you. His voice isn't really good on it.

When I heard it, the high notes almost hurt my ears :unsure: . At 2 about wo minutes the thing I mean starts. Bruce is an awesome singer in the studio, and as I said in my post before, they are one of myfavourite bands, but what I have heard from him live isn't that good. But well, maybe in 2 weeks I will have another opinion. ;)

:o:o

I can't disagree with you more! Bruce is one of the most decent singers live!

And live after death is brilliant!

I really think you'll change your mind after the live! ;)

I saw them on Tuesday, and I have to agree, Bruce Dickinson is amazing. rock3

I will post a review as soon as I have time to write one. ;)