With all these people saying "Chinese Democracy is a masterpeice" .....

tippin

What's the deal? Baz has said it, Ross Halpin(sp?) has said it, Rolling Stone said it as far back as '02, etc.....

Now I agree that these people are, for the most part, yes men who want to remain in Axl's good graces, but it has also come from other sources over the years......

It would seem like Axl should have all the faith in the world that it's ready for prime time....

For the millionth time! Get it out man! It could be absolute shit, but thousands/millions of people will buy it and enjoy it!

......But, by the sound of Better, CITR,TWAT, The Blues, etc, there is NO WAY IT WON'T BE QUALITY.

an artist is always critical of his own work, i mean i draw pictures, and i know im good, but no matter what people say about my work, i always think it could be a little better.

i remember axl saying for the uyi albums he was going over it with a "fine comb" i think that habits just gotten worse as the years progressed., hes too critical on his own work, and strives for perfection in his own mind, not anyone elses opinion

my guess anyways

i remember axl saying for the uyi albums he was going over it with a "fine comb" i think that habits just gotten worse as the years progressed., hes too critical on his own work, and strives for perfection in his own mind, not anyone elses opinion

Yes, I remember that quote as well. Sadly, his need for perfection is making people like me suffer. Lol. I can't wait to hear it!

an artist is always critical of his own work, i mean i draw pictures, and i know im good, but no matter what people say about my work, i always think it could be a little better.

my guess anyways

I understand striving for perfection, but there comes a time to just let it go. Would you as an artist, no longer show your work to other people because you don't think it's perfect? Even if 90 percent of people told you it's great? It just doesn't make sense to me.......

my guess anyways

I understand striving for perfection, but there comes a time to just let it go. Would you as an artist, no longer show your work to other people because you don't think it's perfect? Even if 90 percent of people told you it's great? It just doesn't make sense to me.......

yeah i getya, i know as an artist even if your not totally 100% satisfied with your work, that you have to just get it out there, and say fuck it, here it is.., when people look at art, and say its perfect, they dont see the mistakes you think youve done, because they think in their mind, that was meant to be there..

i apologize for comparing my art to gnr music, but its one way i could relate to what may be happening..

I would guess, as Axl is bi-polar, that it is a little harder for him than for the average person, but it just seems like everyone who has heard the cd over the years, has had nothing but fantastic things to say about it. I just can't imagine drawing raves from everyone who has heard it, and yet, she still sits on it.

Edited by tippin

I think Brian May as well said it was a great album.

Years ago.

Didnt one on the producers who helped Axl (someone who worked with Pink Floyd) supposedly say in his view Axl has only 3 good songs?? I dont recall the detail so if anyone else does that would be helpfull.

Also Axl said on radio that the record company felt that "we could do better", so basically the record company heard what Axl had back in 99-01 and basically said, this is shit, go back to the drawing board guys.

Brian May is too nice to not be supportive and Seb Bach.....well he's a tad overenthusaistic about anything, plus he's quite a suck up.

I cant actually think of anyone who has cred that has really said anything like its a masterpiece, but then how many people who have actually heard it have spoken publicly??

Years ago.

Didnt one on the producers who helped Axl (someone who worked with Pink Floyd) supposedly say in his view Axl has only 3 good songs?? I dont recall the detail so if anyone else does that would be helpfull.

Also Axl said on radio that the record company felt that "we could do better", so basically the record company heard what Axl had back in 99-01 and basically said, this is shit, go back to the drawing board guys.

Brian May is too nice to not be supportive and Seb Bach.....well he's a tad overenthusaistic about anything, plus he's quite a suck up.

I cant actually think of anyone who has cred that has really said anything like its a masterpiece, but then how many people who have actually heard it have spoken publicly??

The masterpiece shit is complete fan made bullshit as usual. Axl has never once said or even insinuated that the album was a 'masterpiece'. So many people started saying it that it's just kinda considered common knowledge. More unfounded crap. Besides, a masterpiece to one person may be a piece of shit to another. Oh - and the same goes for the term 'big gun' as well.

Years ago.

The masterpiece shit is complete fan made bullshit as usual. Axl has never once said or even insinuated that the album was a 'masterpiece'. So many people started saying it that it's just kinda considered common knowledge. More unfounded crap. Besides, a masterpiece to one person may be a piece of shit to another. Oh - and the same goes for the term 'big gun' as well.

The blues is really good ( though i personally dont like the slowed down version or some of the guitars)

Better is a good rock song (again some of the guitars are kinda cheesy)

Maddy is OK'ish if a tad overblown slow and pompous

Nothing Ive heard even vaguely comes close to masterpiece, infact 50% of what we have heard ranges from very average to complete garbage.

Years ago.

The blues is really good ( though i personally dont like the slowed down version or some of the guitars)

Better is a good rock song (again some of the guitars are kinda cheesy)

Maddy is OK'ish if a tad overblown slow and pompous

Nothing Ive heard even vaguely comes close to masterpiece, infact 50% of what we have heard ranges from very average to complete garbage.

Don't get me wrong. I fucking love the new stuff. I'm just saying that Axl has never said it was a 'masterpiece', and besides it's subjective. I haven't heard any 'garbage' yet - except for the lyrics/vocal melody in 'Silkworms'. - :lol:

Edited by Ions

With songs like IRS, TWAT, Better, The Blues, CD & Catcher of Rye there is no doubt that this will album will be a a terrific one.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of reviews of the albums starts like this "It was worth the wait".

On the other hand, you never know with the media.

With songs like IRS, TWAT, Better, The Blues, CD & Catcher of Rye there is no doubt that this will album will be a a terrific one.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of reviews of the albums starts like this "It was worth the wait".

I totally agree with you about the songs above will make this album great regardless of the 6-7 songs that are unknown as of yet. (which im sure will also be top notch)

You never mentioned Madagascar, do you not like this song or do you think it wont be on CD, or did you just forget to mention it?

As the for the "It was worth the wait" I hope i do see statements like that - purely for the longevity of gnr making new music, touring etc. but i doubt we will get those comments from the leading magazines, least of all kerrang, but who knows.....i can't wait to hear/see this album.

Zakk Wylde -" Appetite For Destruction on steroids."

Tommy calls the new songs 'earth shattering'

Mr Bach ect ect ect. (he said alot about it)

and soo many more comments, like that, from people lucky enough to hear it

I dont think any-ones be'ing sarcastic, just maybe one or two is

but. the ones i mention'd i dont think are.. i think there saying what the honestly belive.

every one has said things like this..

A MASTERPEICE IS ONLY A MASTERPIECE ONCE IT HAS BEEN RELEASED, NOT BEFORE. THEN, WE MUST WAIT TO JUDGE FOR OURSELVES.

fOR ME THE NEW SONGS ARE GOOD, CONSIDERING THEY ARE JUST DEMOS.............I AM SURE THE FINAL PRODUCT IS GREAT AS THE OTHER GNR ALBUMS. HISTORY HAS SHOWN US THAT AXL DOES NOT SPEND HIS TIME WRITTING AND COMPOSING SHIT..........HE DOES NOT DROP AN ALBUM EVERY YEAR OR SO, HE CARES FOR QUALITY..........REMEMBER IT IS GNR NOT METALLICA, BON JOVI, U2 OR SOMETING ELSE.

I totally agree with you about the songs above will make this album great regardless of the 6-7 songs that are unknown as of yet. (which im sure will also be top notch)

You never mentioned Madagascar, do you not like this song or do you think it wont be on CD, or did you just forget to mention it?

I didn't mention it cause I simply don't like it very much. Madagascar is okay and maybe even good, but not as great as ther other mentioned in my opinon. I like the chorus on it though.
As the for the "It was worth the wait" I hope i do see statements like that - purely for the longevity of gnr making new music, touring etc. but i doubt we will get those comments from the leading magazines, least of all kerrang, but who knows.....i can't wait to hear/see this album.
I don't take Kerrang that seriously. They just seam to follow whatever trend is on. The real rock reviewer will praise the album rock1