M-Audio Solo

It looks good. I've used a lot of M-Audio products and they've all been great. That one will be more than enough for what you want to do. The negative thing that I can see is that it doesn't come with any recording software, so you'll have to get your own. But other than that, if you're just starting out with your own recording, you'll probably be happy going with M-Audio.

it's actually a very good box. I've tried it. For it's price it's very good. E-MU stuff is good too.

Like he said, it's a problem that it doesn't come with recording software. and buying that isn't all that cheap.

But I suggest downloading Cubase LE or SX3 if you want Steinberg products. If you are on Mac GarageBand or Logic Express are good choices. Pro Tools won't work on that card. And the other DAWs (recording software) aren't really all that great for demo cutting and songwriting. IMO.

Cubase is a good way to get into stuff. PM me and I can get you a free torrent to download a WORKING program.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAu...face?sku=701364

Is this good? My parents aren't letting me go to GNR, so they're giving me $200 to spend instead. Is this a worthy investment?

It must be really hard to be a frontman at a gnr forun and your parents not to leave you go to the concert :(

That's about how I lost the first gnr concert at my country in 1993 (the 2nd was this summer), cause I was only 13. :anger:

Anyway, you are luckier cause they didn't give me 200$ to relieve my pain! :)

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAu...face?sku=701364

Is this good? My parents aren't letting me go to GNR, so they're giving me $200 to spend instead. Is this a worthy investment?

It must be really hard to be a frontman at a gnr forun and your parents not to leave you go to the concert :(

That's about how I lost the first gnr concert at my country in 1993 (the 2nd was this summer), cause I was only 13. :anger:

Anyway, you are luckier cause they didn't give me 200$ to relieve my pain! :)

The tickets were my birthday present, so they were sort of obligated to compensate me somehow. I'd still rather have gone to the show...