This is what we are all feeling right now...

Kaneda

As I sit here and type this, I am not mad anymore, I am not frustrated, I'm just sad as I read the posts on this board over the past week. We are all die-hard Guns N Roses fans; as much as we berate each other internally here, I bet we all defend GNR to the depths of hell when we talk about them to people outiside this forum. We love GNR and the music that Guns has created is a part of our lives, we have an intimate relationship with it.

I think for most of us, this comeback meant a lot more to us than we could really ever put into words...I saw the comeback as a journey into the unknown; where the final outcome had the potential to do some truly beautiful things, such as: provide us an opportunity to relieve some of the most memorable musical moments of our past; and also, push the music forward, thus closing one chapter of GNR by opening another.

Let's face it, for the latte half of the 90s, it seemed as if Axl would never sing again...when he finally returned, it was just so good to have him back. But as fans, we've been told time and time again to get ready to jump into the Chinese Democracy era. We are like sky divers, parachutes strapped to our backs, cruising 30,000ft above the ground, the doors open, the red light is on, but we are frozen, paralyzed in time, unable to jump out and really embrace this new band because below is is just a sea of black. Somewhere out there, there's an island (Chinese D), but we've been waiting to for the coordinates now for 6 years.

In a way, Axl's inability to act, his procrastination, his endless pursuit for perfection has rendered him frozen, and that same feeling of immobility, of being frozen and stuck is being experienced by all of his fans. We are all sort of hopelessly searching for clues, for some news or anything to shed light on the situation. We all want to see Axl succeed, but deep down inside, we all know his demons have the best of him, and the pain he feels is far greater than the frustration and anguish we all feel on a daily basis.

The golden fleece is CHinese Democracy...it is the only thing that can start the new era. But imagine the weight and responsibility this album carries. It has to be good enough to justify the removal of musicians that created Appetite, Lies, UYI 1 & 2...and that is why this album may never see the light of day. It's an impossible situation Axl got himself into, and as his fans, we also find ourselves in an impossible situation. But even in our darkest moments, we are still riding that plane, squinting our eyes to see if we can catch just a beacon of hope, some indicator that CHinese D is out there, and once we get confirmation, we can all jump and enjoy this new era of Guns N Roses together...but until that happens, we are all lost, frozen, and completely frustrated.

The time for Chinese Democracy is now...the tour is irrelevant...Axl, read this, believe in this album, and let what needs to happen, happen...Everything will work out in the end...

Edited by Kaneda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not pass judgement or agree or disagree. I see them this Saturday then I'll make my choices. To be honest I'm just happy I GET to see them..

But Kaneda I have to tell you this..

Way back I used to have this crazy ridiculous theory you were Axl. That you would like, test if the fans really supported the band or not. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

It has to be good enough to justify the removal of musicians that created Appetite, Lies, UYI 1 & 2...and that is why this album may never see the light of day.

Not to mention all those who have worked on this album over the years... from Buckethead to Baker to Brian May.:rolleyes:

At least if the BumbleFoot claims are right and the record company are standing in the way of release if they supposedly have the finished CD (something Axl should himself mention) then this should be mentioned at a concert - he's done it before and should/will again. But if ever the time to do that the time is now, especially since we are now told it won't be a surprise release.:drevil:

Ok kaneda... it's ok... Let's hope the shit that will come from Chinese Democracy will be better than the older songs...

In my personal opinion I have to say that off course I support NU-GNR, Axl and the old band members (except Adler) but at the same time I'm very tired because of the delay.... dammit,

¿How difficult is to make a record?

¿Why all the fkn secrecy about things going on? For example Bucket's departure..

I don't know... everything is son fkn weird.. Axl... just release the disc..., that's the only thing we are all waiting for...., then release the disc you should have released with former band members and then I can die in peace.

It's so funny how people here talk shit after shit...., the only things that matter are facts... and the only real things done are concerts with almost 80% of old material and a couple of leaks..., in summary.. CRAP

Hope things change...

As I sit here and type this, I am not mad anymore, I am not frustrated, I'm just sad as I read the posts on this board over the past week.

Despite your attention seeking change of tone in this post, I'm tired of reading your 'ringleader' like threads that have fueled negativity for two years.

*Breaks down and sobs* Man, I totally get what your saying. In a way it does feel like we're frozen in time. We get glimpses of the future but we're basically still where we started. I think we are closer than we ever were to having CD but all we can do is wait and see.

2006 is still the year! I hope. Keep the faith.

Shit, this year is ten times better than the last three. At least we have a tour plus public appearences by Axl(VMAS). A new website. A European tour. The album might not be out when we thought it would be; but at least there is promise. I understand everyone's frustration, trust me they lowered ticket prices since I bought them, but if you are a true fan you must have to sort through all the shit and look forward to a concert or the new album. No matter when it happens. Just because they have Jerry's Kids promoting them doesn't mean we won't get a good payoff in the end.

I don't have anything against freedom of speech, and I agree with your post, but I hate how you always post the same stuff and give yourself an air of self-importance - every time you make a topic it's a big, grand presentation. What gives you the right to inflate your opinion beyond that of anyone else here?

You learn fast young Jedi. The force is obvously with you.

The golden fleece is CHinese Democracy...it is the only thing that can start the new era. But imagine the weight and responsibility this album carries. It has to be good enough to justify the removal of musicians that created Appetite, Lies, UYI 1 & 2...and that is why this album may never see the light of day. It's an impossible situation Axl got himself into, and as his fans, we also find ourselves in an impossible situation.

The time for Chinese Democracy is now...the tour is irrelevant...Axl, read this, believe in this album, and let what needs to happen, happen...Everything will work out in the end...

I just wanted to comment on this part. You're really blowing it out of proportion. All it has to do is sell better in it's first week than Contraband did to avoid negative reviews.

The album, at this point, is either completely finished or doesn't exist.

About the removal of the musicians that made AFD etc? Well, I think from Izzy's solo stuff and VR we can see what Axl does. He brings the emotional range and personality to the songs. Nothing against Izzy or Slash but Axl has something an authentic rage that gets a response from the crowd. People forget how big GNR got.

dude,

the one thing you keep forgetting is that

anything can happen with this band.

I really never thought I'd see Izzy

rockin out on stage with Axl again. And then,

there he was rockin out with Guns this year. rock3

Same goes for Sebastian.

Fuck man, any of the original members who are

on good terms with the band could end up making

quest appearances at shows. And that would be

cooler to me than a fucking chimese democracy

album-no offense, of course I want to hear it but

i'm tired of hearing all the bs. we've heard most

the songs, they all rock and keep me wanting more.

And you keep forgetting that we're talking about

a bunch of millionaires with million dollar wives, homes,

lifestyles...some more than others of course.... :unsure:

...you never know exactly what you might get when you

go to a Guns show...you might get the greatest performance

ever, a surprise, or you may not get shit and told to go home

they ain't playin tonight....here's your money back.

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

They never really say No Way. Axl has never said that really. They all tip toe around it. I think it's up to Axl and I think there is a guaran - fuckin - teed No. 1 album and like millions of dollars waiting for the original line up.

Title: Last Stand

Producer: Rick Rubin

Line up: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven.

I don't have anything against freedom of speech, and I agree with your post, but I hate how you always post the same stuff and give yourself an air of self-importance - every time you make a topic it's a big, grand presentation. What gives you the right to inflate your opinion beyond that of anyone else here?

You learn fast young Jedi. The force is obvously with you.

Actually, the only inflating comes from your perception of what Kaneda is saying. He has flipped flopped more than a gymnast with his posts. He says things for shock value. So no, to me it's not big and grand. It's sad and long.

They never really say No Way. Axl has never said that really. They all tip toe around it. I think it's up to Axl and I think there is a guaran - fuckin - teed No. 1 album and like millions of dollars waiting for the original line up.

Title: Last Stand

Producer: Rick Rubin

Line up: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven.

LOL! That would be interesting man, but I doubt if Steven can tie his own shoes at this point.

Edited by Ions