If Axl is going to release old material just for money...

Son Of A Gun

So Axl is gonna release a UYI show yet again as official. I think he is making a mistake, if he is going to release anything like that...he could at least release something decent. I mean, Izzy wrote half hte UYI songs why doesn't he release an Izzy era DVD. What if he released Inglewood 08.03.1991...I think that would make everyone much happier and it would be the ultimate rock DVD. Would anybody else really like to see this? I mean, if Axl wants to release old material, release something kickass that is worthwhile. So who would love the thought of the 3.6hr Inglewood show?

Edited by Son Of A Gun

I'm sure this is the record company. Axl probably doesn't wan't this, he want's to promote the new guys, not the old line-up, still feel it's great we are getting this, Don't know if it's been confirmed tho ?

Chicago was an amaazing show! Inglewood, damn, that's rock history, that would kick ass.. With time maby ?

We will probably be getting a New Era dvd after the album is out.

Wow. I'm used to seeing people complain about not having something. Now we're complaing about what we ARE getting. This is dumb as hell.

well i already have it. thats the point..... you can already buy this in shops (unofficial BUT still available)

this won't be released officially, ill bet my brand new hat on it. it's the same as when GH2 was slated for release last year and never happened.

when that dvd comes out the old lineup still get cash from that dont they?, because its their material..

i think everyone would be happy, heh slash doesnt have to play for them, and hes still gettin cashed up from the tour

I could be wrong but I don't thin Slash and the gang get anything because Axl owns the nameand the music. But again I could be wrong.

But I have two quick questions

1. When will the official Chicago DVD come out?

2. Where can I find video of the 3 hour show?

I could be wrong but I don't thin Slash and the gang get anything because Axl owns the nameand the music. But again I could be wrong.

Axl simply owns the name..

There is a partnership agreement between Axl, Slash and Duff which stipulates that all parties share an equal percentage of control over the band's music catalogue. Essentially, for a Guns N' Roses song to be licensed for television, radio, film, etc. all three must come to a consensus for its use. In accordance, all performing musicians with writing credits (Stradlin, Adler, Sorum) receive royalty payments for their work..

Axl cannot release a dvd of the current band without the permission of Slash and Duff, since all of his live performances are dependent on the classic line-up's material. Unless strictly produced with the new band's material, Axl would be committing copyright infringement..

-Kickingthehabit

Yeah something actually good would rock, not after those absolutely crap house, mother of mercy terrible, fire and brimstone ass bleeding shit rags from Japan UYI I & II DVD's they released.

the show wasnt that bad. it had a fairly decent setlist

Wow. I'm used to seeing people complain about not having something. Now we're complaing about what we ARE getting. This is dumb as hell.

He's been starting some varaiaton on this thread for over a year.

The true high comedy is when he tries to sell you on the fact that the GNR/Metallica shows are some of the best they have ever done, 09.30.92 in San Diego especially.

The true high comedy is when he tries to sell you on the fact that the GNR/Metallica shows are some of the best they have ever done, 09.30.92 in San Diego especially.

:P I ain't saying it was the BEST but that show did pretty well damn get me keen on it. I would however love to see the Inglewood 08.03.1991 show released if htey re gonna release anything. And my obsession with San Diego '92 stadium show?... :P rock1 rock3