RADIOHEAD the Rock Band!

motownjunkie

dont get me wrong the new stuff is superb but i do miss the days of the bends ...i just think they became the perfect rock/guitar group for that period of 1994/95/96 .....anyone who saw them live were blown away, they were strictly guitar focussed where as now they play almost every instrument at live shows and thom doesnt sing like those days.

the guitar playing from jonny, ed and thom was immense and very powerful, they were inspired by sonic youth and magazine, and queen, which explains the thrashing guitar playing and intense drama

between pablo honey and the bends they played over 300 shows, a phenominal amount which is why they turned into a great band around 1995 just when the bends was coming out.

here is an example of (the bends LIVE on a TV show) ...this is what i miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CahqrCx9q6o

Edited by motownjunkie

thanks alot for those links, their charm is that they can change the sound and concept on each album, not many bands can do it like them

so true they do play a varied setlist, i hope they tour australia again, i had tickets for the cancelled melbourne show, but i heard the sydney shows were "mind blowing" ..literally out of this world.

Edited by motownjunkie