Chinese Democracy promo on MTV Flux?

Arcade Roses

Okay, did anyone else see that bizarre little "advert" that was broadcast on VH Flux about 40-50 minutes ago? I only caught the last 2/3 of it - it showed lots of little buttons or badges with writing on - and then it focused in on one which said, "*OSES LIVE" or something (I kid you not). As I sat there thinking, "WTF is this?", "Is it CD?", a Chinese boy popped up from the bottom of the screen (I'm sure he was Chinese), gave a little facial "signal" of some kind, and then the advert was over. Did anyone else see this?

Edited by RedEurope

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OSES...?

"*OSES". Dude, that's what I saw.

What does that stand for?

I don't know. I can't think of an indie band with that name. The first thing I thought of is "Roses" (mind you now I think about there is the Stone Roses but they ain't active no more(:()).

The funny thing is the Chinese guy popped up just after I said to myself, "WTF was that?", then my next thought was...?:)

Maybe it's unrelated as fridayfan13 says, I don't know.

Jesus crist Red Europe, when will you just shut the fuck up already? Seriously, you are the joke of the GNR community. Fuck outta here boy.

Why should I shut up when I'm just telling you what I saw? As this is fresh when it's validated you will look stupid.:)

You saw PART of a commercial

No, around 2/3 (two-thirds) of it.:)

on MTV

VH(1?)Flux/MTV Flux/whatever its called (Channel 346) actually.:)

with no real indication that it has ANYTHING whatsoever to do with GN'R, apart from the fact that you saw the non-existant word "OSES".

No I saw the word "*OSES" (with a strange and inexplicable "*" in there) and the word "live" as well.

Man, you're onto something here!

Yes, I might be.:)

But on the other hand, as I have already said, I may not be.:)

But surely at this stage you will agree it's worth looking into?

ER can you even read what I write?:)

Edited by RedEurope

Okay, did anyone else see that bizarre little "advert" that was broadcast on VH Flux about 40-50 minutes ago? I only caught the last 2/3 of it - it showed lots of little buttons or badges with writing on - and then it focused in on one which said, "*OSES LIVE" or something (I kid you not). As I sat there thinking, "WTF is this?", "Is it CD?", a Chinese boy popped up from the bottom of the screen (I'm sure he was Chinese), gave a little facial "signal" of some kind, and then the advert was over. Did anyone else see this?

In world news today ...

The President of China has announced that communism rule in China has come to end and democracy is now taking over ...

If there ever was a definite sign, that would be it ...

Note, not all asians on TV are Chinese.

Edited by Anti

RedEurope,

If you have only ever seen that small clip of the advert,

Then how do you know you were watching 2/3rds of it?

Just a guess - because it was very quick and I was just coming in from the other room as it was on.:)

For what it's worth the background of the advert was white all the way through - sorry I forgot to mention that earlier.

Nonetheless I know what I saw and that's what I saw.:)