A Petition To Merck

TheWildheart

I don't know about you guys, but my patience is ready to hit the boiling point. I'm thankful for the two shows I saw this year (5/15 Hammerstein and MSG), and I'll always go see them if they come to PA or NY, but the lack of any concrete info with a release date is starting to drive me nuts. So I don't know what else to do but to start a petition asking Merck for something - throw us a bone, even if its to verify that "X Tuesdays in 2006" still applies - because I'm losing hope that we're gonna see this thing this year.

1. TheWildheart.

I think this is rather pointless.

I agree that they need better interactions and updates with/for fans, but making a petition won't change anything.

No offense.

I just want some kind of info. I'm tired of being kept in the dark. The fact that Merck has gone silent and the Better commercial has apparently been pulled has me concerned that everything is on hold again - tour or not.

Edited by TheWildheart

I think this is rather pointless.

I agree that they need better interactions and updates with/for fans, but making a petition won't change anything.

No offense.

I just want some kind of info. I'm tired of being kept in the dark. The fact that Merck has gone silent and the Better commercial has apparently been pulled has me concerned that everything is on hold again - tour or not.

I agree, but at this point there's nothing you can do. A petition will solve nothing. I think Merck has made it very clear at this point that the fans' perceptions of him and what he does doesn't really affect him. I think it's blatantly obvious right now to Merck that if he told us what was going on we'd all be happy. He doesn't need a petition to reinforce this.

I wish they'd hire some kind of really great PR agent to handle fans.

GnR fans have always been in the dark, it will never change.

Wildheart - Great sig.

Thanks, Jonezy.

And yeah, we've always been in the dark, but from Sept. to the end of Oct., it was non-stop info. It seemed like they were finally going to get this thing out, and now the well is dry again. I don't know. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't losing faith.

i think the only way you would get merck to respond to you guys is honestly, make the 6oclock news..

other than that, i dont think he or axl would feel pressure by anyone to pump this album out..

so as i said before, EVERYONE IN THE AREA GET TOGETHER AND PROTEST AND CHANT FOR THE CD, thatll make the news, thatll pressure gnr for the album.

Don't waste your time waiting, it will come out when it's ready.

Who are the fans to say when a CD, that they know almost nothing about, is ready for release. Sure, Axl said it would come out this year, but a lot of shit happens. Trying to finish up a CD AND do a world tour isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

So just give it a break, don't let this shit get to you.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

Who are the fans to say when a CD, that they know almost nothing about, is ready for release. Sure, Axl said it would come out this year, but a lot of shit happens. Trying to finish up a CD AND do a world tour isn't exactly the easiest thing to do.

The album was supposedly done back in September. I think its out of Axl's hands at this point, to be honest. Regardless - Merck needs to keep us informed.

Edited by TheWildheart

How is it out of Axl's hands? If it really did take around 13 years, then he supported the project with his own money. No label is going to try, and force the release because they just don't give a shit. Their money is not at risk.

The only way I see it not being in Axl's hands is if it is being mastered, and whatnot. Even so it's STILL in his hands, and not ready for release.

I have jumped to my own conclusions, but still I truly have no idea, and nobody else here does either. All you can do is wait.

Why does Merck need to keep us informed? GNR is on tour right now, not much is actually happening. If any super important information comes out, or things need to be cleared up then a press release is made. This is the way it has been working, and I see no fault in it.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

i agree man. i like hyping it up sometimes.. but it does get annoying waiting..

its funny when you look back at an interview in 2002 with axl and hes like "the album needs final touches and the artworks allready done" and 4 years (almost 5) we still have that explination