11/24 Clevand, OH [Updates]

thomase

Some wierd stuff about the setup.. What's with the carpets on the satelite stages downstage left and right? And what's with the wired mics? Seems strange - but I'm no soundman...

Another obserrvation... It almost seemed like the suicide girls were an afterthought. They started to tape down the carpets, stopped, and then the fluzzies came on for like 10 mins... Then they went back to tapong down the carpets and prepping for guns.

Tiny crowd... Didn't even fill the lower bowl of the Q... Upper deck is completely covered in drapes.

BluesGNR texted this to cotis:

HAHA Axl just called the eagles of death metal the "pigeons of shit metal" and said they

wont be playing anyore with them. axl just threw someone out

-----

JUNGLE ITS SO EASY BROWNSTONE LALD ROBIN SOLO SCOM axl kicked someone out kick ass

-----

Knock-Knock-Kocking On heavens dooooor!!

Yooouuu COuld be Mi-i-i-inee!!

----

thanks to EFISH

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr Brownstone

4. Live And Let Die

5. Robin Finck Solo

6. Sweet Child O' Mine

7. Knockin' On Heavens Door

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

10. The Blues

-------------------

I hope they bring someone else in to replace the pigeons of shit metal

How many openers do you want? Dump the Suicide Girls and stick someone decent on as openers.

Eagles of Death Metal aren't so bad. The music isn't exactly amazing, but they're fun to listen to.

well Axl said "HAHA Axl just called the eagles of death metal the "pigeons of shit metal" and said they

wont be playing anyore with them."

so i was saying that I hope they bring someone new in

-------

Better playing now

How many openers do you want? Dump the Suicide Girls and stick someone decent on as openers.

Eagles of Death Metal aren't so bad. The music isn't exactly amazing, but they're fun to listen to.

well Axl said "HAHA Axl just called the eagles of death metal the "pigeons of shit metal" and said they

wont be playing anyore with them."

so i was saying that I hope they bring someone new in

Yeah, I understood - but I was more questioning the need for 3 openers. 2 is more than enough. Cutting it back to 2 is a good move - I don't want them to replace Eagles of Death Metal with someone else...

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr Brownstone

4. Live And Let Die

5. Robin Finck Solo

6. Sweet Child O' Mine

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

10. The Blues

11. Better

12. Fortus/Finck [beautiful]

13. Out Ta Get Me

14. November Rain

15. IRS

16. Bumblefoot Solo [Don't Cry]

17. My Michelle [With Sebastian Bach]

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr Brownstone

4. Live And Let Die

5. Robin Finck Solo

6. Sweet Child O' Mine

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

10. The Blues

11. Better

13. Out Ta Get Me

14. November Rain

15. IRS

18. Patience

19. Nightrain

---Encore---

20. Chinese Democracy

21. Madagascar

1. Welcome To The Jungle

2. It's So Easy

3. Mr Brownstone

4. Live And Let Die

5. Robin Finck Solo

6. Sweet Child O' Mine

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Dizzy Reed Piano solo

10. The Blues

11. Better

13. Out Ta Get Me

14. November Rain

15. IRS

18. Patience

19. Nightrain

---Encore---

20. Chinese Democracy

21. Madagascar

22. Paradise City

Good. FUUUUCKING.. NIIIIIIIGHT!

I have to say, if Axl did this to this band just because they sucked, or because people were booing then thats really classless on Axl's part, and he was a dickhead about it. However, something else could have happened that we arent aware of, like maybe they said something about Axl or the band or something, in that case I understand.

You dont invite someone on tour and then talk shit about them because they arent your cup of tea, if this is the case then Axl was in the wrong IMO. I can understand if they arent going over well, and you decide to have them leave the tour, but you dont publicly shit on them for no other reason than you just dont like their music.

I have to say, if Axl did this to this band just because they sucked, or because people were booing then thats really classless on Axl's part, and he was a dickhead about it. However, something else could have happened that we arent aware of, like maybe they said something about Axl or the band or something, in that case I understand.

You dont invite someone on tour and then talk shit about them because they arent your cup of tea, if this is the case then Axl was in the wrong IMO. I can understand if they arent going over well, and you decide to have them leave the tour, but you dont publicly shit on them for no other reason than you just dont like their music.

Actually, when GN'R came on and he said "The Pigeons of Shit Metal", he said something like "No, but seriously, give the little guys some credit".

And I didn't hear Beautiful. Finck and Fortus never did a solo together.

Just got back. It was pretty fun, though the crowd seemed dead. A few people around me even left. Axl talked about how cool Cleveland and Cinci were in 2002 and said that the bands engineer is a Browns fan. Talked to Dizzy before the show. He was just walking around among the fans by the concessions, no one seemed to notice who he was. At any rate, he was nice enough to chat for a sec. I told him I was looking forward to CD, and he kinda chuckled and rolled his eyes and said "ha...yeah..." Don't really know how to interpret that, but whatever. Fun night, but a late one. Time for bed. :sleeper:

Just got back. It was pretty fun, though the crowd seemed dead. A few people around me even left. Axl talked about how cool Cleveland and Cinci were in 2002 and said that the bands engineer is a Browns fan. Talked to Dizzy before the show. He was just walking around among the fans by the concessions, no one seemed to notice who he was. At any rate, he was nice enough to chat for a sec. I told him I was looking forward to CD, and he kinda chuckled and rolled his eyes and said "ha...yeah..." Don't really know how to interpret that, but whatever. Fun night, but a late one. Time for bed. :sleeper:

yeah, sure you did. I dont believe you. Sorry, I just dont.