11/24 Clevand, OH [Updates]

thomase

same ol' setlist. this is very predictable. they need to drop Bach

How the fuck can you complain about a setlist that finishes with Madagascar, CD and PC?

because some people like me arent blown away by CD, it's average at best and give me an old classic like pretty tied up instead. the same setlist is boring if not only for the band, then for the fans. i went to see em 7 times on the european tour and nothing worse than pretty much same setlist (in the same order) time and time again. the worst thing about it is finck plays pretty much each solo note for note every single time, listen to blues, patience, it's the same notes all the bloody time, no variation or flair, which is what i thought playing live was about!!!

Fish

You also have to recognize that seeing a band 7 times on the same tour puts you WAY in the minority of who they face every night.

And to say you are disappointed if you don't hear somwthing like "Pretty Tied Up' is ridiculous. You know god damn well that is not going to happen. You are just setting yourself up to be disappointed and inventing something to bitch about.

#1 comment that I can't believe someone else didn't comment on - The sound was a MESS! At one point Axl said "you might as well just fucking leave - there's obvously no need for you to be here tonight". The crowd thought he was talking to us and started booing. Then he said "sorry not you, I was talking to the fucking sound guy". Some songs you couldn't hear the vocals at all over the music. Axl couldn't get his earpiece to work - told us he was doing his best... He was PISSED.

#1 comment that I can't believe someone else didn't comment on - The sound was a MESS! At one point Axl said "you might as well just fucking leave - there's obvously no need for you to be here tonight". The crowd thought he was talking to us and started booing. Then he said "sorry not you, I was talking to the fucking sound guy". Some songs you couldn't hear the vocals at all over the music. Axl couldn't get his earpiece to work - told us he was doing his best... He was PISSED.

Yeah, he dropped it early in the show. My brother saw it fall out of his ear. He did tremendous though with it functioning problematic. He's very arrogant but he puts on one hell of a show.

They need to drop you. Bach was a highlight of the tour.

Edited by DaneisKing1389

How the fuck can you complain about a setlist that finishes with Madagascar, CD and PC?

because some people like me arent blown away by CD, it's average at best and give me an old classic like pretty tied up instead. the same setlist is boring if not only for the band, then for the fans. i went to see em 7 times on the european tour and nothing worse than pretty much same setlist (in the same order) time and time again. the worst thing about it is finck plays pretty much each solo note for note every single time, listen to blues, patience, it's the same notes all the bloody time, no variation or flair, which is what i thought playing live was about!!!

Fish

I just find it hard to believe that having heard the same setlist 5 times you expected to hear a different one the last two times. Just wow.

I thought the show was pretty kickass. We got heckled a bit for sporting Bengals jerseys, but the show was cool. THere didn't seem to be as many lulls and solos that some had mentioned with other shows.

I only had 2 negatives towards the entire show that I knew about in advance:

1) No Buckethead... I way prefer Buckethead to Thal. Buckethead is the greatest shredder that's ever lived.

2) No Brain... I really want to see him play the drums live. He's an amazing drummer. I know his wife just had a baby and the guy there didn't look like him so I put 2 and 2 together. I really wanted to see a drum solo. Oh well though, I mean, overall the show gets a 39 stars out of 10. That's pretty good.

Just got back. It was pretty fun, though the crowd seemed dead. A few people around me even left. Axl talked about how cool Cleveland and Cinci were in 2002 and said that the bands engineer is a Browns fan. Talked to Dizzy before the show. He was just walking around among the fans by the concessions, no one seemed to notice who he was. At any rate, he was nice enough to chat for a sec. I told him I was looking forward to CD, and he kinda chuckled and rolled his eyes and said "ha...yeah..." Don't really know how to interpret that, but whatever. Fun night, but a late one. Time for bed. :sleeper:

yeah, sure you did. I dont believe you. Sorry, I just dont.

Go look over on HTGTH other people are posting about meeting Dizzy before the show. He was walking around by the concessions. Besides, I have no reason to lie about this. It's not like he gave me substantial info or anything.