"Better" - unlikely single

tbaugerud

This could be DnB, but anyway:

None of us actually knows Axl Rose, but most of us know alot about him.

The speculations continue to go on and on about the album and fans are getting frustrated.

"Better" has been touted as a no1 contender for a single, but I think that's highly unlikely.

Would Axl Rose want (Finck) written on his big comeback-single?

I don't think so.

The single will be something we haven't heard.

Don't you agree?

The speculations continue to go on and on about the album and fans are getting frustrated.

"Better" has been touted as a no1 contender for a single, but I think that's highly unlikely.

I don't think so.

Don't you agree?

I see your point of view but Better has got an excellent hook to it which makes it a good potential single and a workhorse for the album, but it would be great if they release a new song we aint heard yet, anyway who knows if a single will be released before the album.

Edited by Let And Let Live

I don't think so.

Don't you agree?

I wouldn't go as far as to say i agree, but it's definitely a good point.

only thing is the harley advert certainly suggests that it will be and it is definitely gonna be successful, they know this already.

Still I would like to agree with you and expect an even stronger song to be first single, and hopefully one we haven't heard.

who knows?

holy shit jackamo....... that's one 'off my food' putting sig.

Edited by NEU-YORK

My point has nothing to do with the quality of the song. It's great! But I think Axl will want AND PROBABLY NEEDS his own signature on the first single..

And to one of you guys: Of course Axl is writing music! Not only the vocal lines, but whole compositions. Does November Rain or Estranged ring a bell?

My point has nothing to do with the quality of the song. It's great! But I think Axl will want AND PROBABLY NEEDS his own signature on the first single..

And to one of you guys: Of course Axl is writing music! Not only the vocal lines, but whole compositions. Does November Rain or Estranged ring a bell?

But a they were not the first singles

No. axl is pig headed in many ways but a fucking genius when it comes to music. he won't be pig headed about the first single.

I don't think so.

Don't you agree?

Apparently you missed the Harley Davidson commercial with 'Better' on the Harley website. It clearly said at the time, "... featuring the song 'Better', a new Guns N' Roses single from their album 'Chinese Democracy' due later this year".

But then again, you've never been the brightest bulb on the tree around here.

Edited by Matt13

I suspect "Better" will be the single, due to the sheep commercial and all...BUT I gotta say, while I've grown to like this song ALOT, it took a good 15 listens for me to really "get it" It's one of those complex songs where you pick up on something new with each listen.

I almost feel like IRS or CD might work better as a single, since the hooks are more obvious at first or second listen.

But then again, Axl has made a friggin fortune making music, so he certainly knows better than I...

I don't think so.

Don't you agree?

Listen to Better at the Dowload festival, when they screw it up you can here Axl saying stuff llike, "that was the most importan one" and other things along those lines.

It will be the first single if one is to be realesed anytime soon.

No one is going to write "Finck" all over the song. People aren't going to be out in the streets when the single is released going, "Man, that Robin Finck is a genius!"

- "Yeah, but what about Axl?"

- "Who?"

Like it or not, Axl Rose is the driving force behind the band, and the person most associated with the band. The general public probably has no idea who Robin Finck is. Only the fans really know, and perhaps some NIN die-hards.

Axl said it was a Robin song. He didn't say Finck is responsible for all of it. Axl rarely lets others write lyrics. Based on how he said it, I have always gathered that Finck wrote the main intro/riff, which is kind of funky and techno-ish like a NIN song via classic GN'R (it's similar to the SCOM riff, really, but with funkier techno edge - which is pretty cool).

I don't think Finck actually wrote the entire song. And I don't think Axl has to worry about Finck stealing his thunder if it's released as a single.

No one is going to write "Finck" all over the song. People aren't going to be out in the streets when the single is released going, "Man, that Robin Finck is a genius!"

- "Yeah, but what about Axl?"

- "Who?"

Like it or not, Axl Rose is the driving force behind the band, and the person most associated with the band. The general public probably has no idea who Robin Finck is. Only the fans really know, and perhaps some NIN die-hards.

Axl said it was a Robin song. He didn't say Finck is responsible for all of it. Axl rarely lets others write lyrics. Based on how he said it, I have always gathered that Finck wrote the main intro/riff, which is kind of funky and techno-ish like a NIN song via classic GN'R (it's similar to the SCOM riff, really, but with funkier techno edge - which is pretty cool).

I don't think Finck actually wrote the entire song. And I don't think Axl has to worry about Finck stealing his thunder if it's released as a single.

axl will ant the name finck all over this, remember it's guns n roses and not the axl show, he needs to show the world that the other bandmembers are very important to this record. thats why ron and frank have been in the studio too, to show the world they're not just hired hands.

I don't think so.

Don't you agree?

Apparently you missed the Harley Davidson commercial with 'Better' on the Harley website. It clearly said at the time, "... featuring the song 'Better', a new Guns N' Roses single from their album 'Chinese Democracy' due later this year".

But then again, you've never been the brightest bulb on the tree around here.

Do you fistfuck yourself when you masturbate Matt? I think you do..at least a couple of fingers in that smelly ass of yours, right? It's good isn't it?

Fuck you!

You must be mistaking me for your boyfriend...