How would u promote CD?

shootingstar

Don´t start with "first of all I would release the damn thing!" I know WE are frustrated.

I´ve seen people touched the thought that there´s probably more then one album. That thought is getting more and more interesting.

Someone mentioned on this forum that Sanctyary had a huge releaseplan for CD. BBF said something about some difficulties with the rec company. We have the song Broken that maby indicate that there´s another album in the making, or even made already.

If I was the GnR camp I would release CD but name it something else. Something that bring your thoughts to AFD sort of. Or at least promote it in a way that take your thoughts there. And I would release it exactly 20 years after AFD were released.

This Album symbolize the start of it. The Kick off.

Then I would release two more albums a short period after(a few months), and yes, they would symbolize UYI.

Those albums would symbolize the top of their career. But this time I would end it here. Take the best of history and repeat it. Maby a tour and then THE END.

I´m pretty sure there are enough great material to actually do this. If this was the plan I would wait until early 2007. It would be so cool!

Edited by shootingstar

Don´t start with "first of all I would release the damn thing!" I know WE are frustrated.

I´ve seen people touched the thought that there´s probably more then one album. That thought is getting more and more interesting.

Someone mentioned on this forum that Sanctyary had a huge releaseplan for CD. BBF said something about some difficulties with the rec company. We have the song Broken that maby indicate that there´s another album in the making, or even made already.

If I was the GnR camp I would release CD but name it something else. Something that bring your thoughts to AFD sort of. Or at least promote it in a way that take your thoughts there. And I would release it exactly 20 years after AFD were released.

This Album symbolize the start of it. The Kick off.

Then I would release two more albums a short period after(a few months), and yes, they would symbolize UYI.

Those albums would symbolize the top of their career. But this time I would end it here. Take the best of history and repeat it. Maby a tour and then THE END.

I´m pretty sure there are enough great material to actually do this. If this was the plan I would wait until early 2007. It would be so cool!

ask kaneda :P

i dunno, it all has to start with a strong single. the rest should follow.

I think the best thing to do would be having a 2006 show aired on National TV (its hypothetical so for this sake its where ever your from). So on TV have a full 2006 show and at the end have a screen saying "chinese democracy (release date). then do all the usual stuff like posters/billboards and what not

They should have released a single.. Played the single via sattlite at the AMAs, after the song say the release date. Then release teh video to mtv and maybe even play it before a few tv shows on fox. Release the better HD ad and at the end of the ad saying the song was better from CD by gnr and put the release that on that. Thats what they shoudl have done

We have the song Broken that maby indicate that there´s another album in the making, or even made already.

Am I reading this right? Is there is a song called Broken that I missed hearing about?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the thread.

Edited by KBear

I think touring and all that it entails is best way to promote cd. GNR come to your town start riot, cancel it or play best show uve ever seen. All good promotion. what do people want expect. Do U2 do anything else? TV commercials? Is that what people expect? Videos would help but I wouldnt say that was anything new to say.

A single, a video and a tour?

the same promotion technique used by many Game consoles like need for speed carbon,

i see the ad for that everywhere, MTV, BBC1,2,ITV,CH4, CH5, ITV2

EvErYWHERE!

posters everywhere

planes flying everywhere with a banner saying " CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW"

axl on parkison and then performs

then we all go crazy