GNR SHOULD HAVE DONE SOME KIND OF MONSTER

jaypayton

Face it..As lame as Metallica looked everyone would have KILLED to see Axl and Slash with that shrink....And who knows maybe they would be still a band today...People can bash Metallica all they want but at least they did what they felt they needed to do in order to NOT BREAK UP.......Every other band today just breaks up when the going gets tough...GNR anyone? Faith No More? Soundgarden? ETC............GNR should have done this type of movie, maybe it would have been better then punking out and breaking up and taking 20 years to put out a record

Edited by jaypayton

it would just ruin the original lineups image as it did to metallicas image. it would accomplish nothing.

I don't think that it "ruined" Metallica's image. Altered maybe. Everyone thought releasing a video (One) would ruin their image. Peopel thought Load and Reload ruined their image. People said the whole Napster thing ruined their image. I'll admit all these things had an impact but none "ruined" their image. As for GNR, about touring under the name GNR with just Axl and Dizzy as original members - that doesn't ruin their image (I don't think it does - just making a point here). Or not releasing new material in umpteen years? I was floored by the part where Lars taked to Dave Mustaine - you wouldn't want to see that same conversation with Slash/Axl and Adler?

it would just ruin the original lineups image as it did to metallicas image. it would accomplish nothing.

I don't think that it "ruined" Metallica's image. Altered maybe. Everyone thought releasing a video (One) would ruin their image. Peopel thought Load and Reload ruined their image. People said the whole Napster thing ruined their image. I'll admit all these things had an impact but none "ruined" their image. As for GNR, about touring under the name GNR with just Axl and Dizzy as original members - that doesn't ruin their image (I don't think it does - just making a point here). Or not releasing new material in umpteen years? I was floored by the part where Lars taked to Dave Mustaine - you wouldn't want to see that same conversation with Slash/Axl and Adler?

hm yeah i can agree with that.. ruin was too strong of a term. i just seem to feel that a some kind of monster-esque movie wouldnt have necessarily helped esp if it got panned. and whos to say axl wouldnt require all those who see it to sign confidentiality agreements

i dont think a shrink realy woulda helped gnr's problems it was eather axl changes or we leave and axl didnt change cause he said why i own gnr so leave then i like what where ur coming from though

Edited by Slasxl

I dont see the point in it..

I mean every band and whats working for them..

i cant say the metalica movie sucked, it gave another point of view of the band to the fans.

ofcurse we want to know what really happend.

but I think theres some privet things they can keep for themselfs.

yeah, Metallica did a smart thing documenting them acting like a bunch of girls during the making of their worst ablum?

All that movie proved was that James can't sing for shit, and has horrible ideas.

They should have never kicked out Dave mustaine. He would have kicked that shrink in the balls.

yeah, Metallica did a smart thing documenting them acting like a bunch of girls during the making of their worst ablum?

All that movie proved was that James can't sing for shit, and has horrible ideas.

They should have never kicked out Dave mustaine. He would have kicked that shrink in the balls.

Dude, that is exactly what I got out of that movie, that James Hetfield has absolutly no chance of carrying a note , or any noticeable singing voice. It was almost embarrasing how bad he sounded, then when you go back and listen to their older music , he never really did. That goes to show how good of a sound they did have though. Cause he kinda hid in right field (or at least his voice did)

Face it..As lame as Metallica looked everyone would have KILLED to see Axl and Slash with that shrink....And who knows maybe they would be still a band today...People can bash Metallica all they want but at least they did what they felt they needed to do in order to NOT BREAK UP.......Every other band today just breaks up when the going gets tough...GNR anyone? Faith No More? Soundgarden? ETC............GNR should have done this type of movie, maybe it would have been better then punking out and breaking up and taking 20 years to put out a record

How many original member are now in Metallica? Just 2 if I remember right????

Rainman rock3