Good show but....

sarmcl

Opening bands were HORRIBLE. Didnt see Baz as I didnt think he would be first on. We walked in at 9:30 and he was just finishing Youth Gone Wild. Then Eagles of Death Metal came on....who Axl later referred to as Pigeons Shit of Death Metal. The music itself was actually good but the lyrics and singing...oh my god. Lets just say they essentially got booed off of the stage

Suicide Girls was just stupid and pointless. What a joke. I think they were on MAYBE 10 minutes(until about 11:15) and it was lame and a waste of time. It also seemed like their set was pulled early. It was really weird. The music started and then the lights came on. Its a bunch of girls simply dancing. Sorry put G N R on. I dont give a crap about this stuff.

GNR came on about midnight and played until 2:15. Great show but Axl was having major meltdowns. We were sitting to the right of the stage by the sound guys and they were getting screamed at all night. Apparently his ear monitors werent working and he was flipping out. We all pretty much assumed the show would end abruptly but fortunately it didnt. He also kept disappearing during songs to the side of the stage. Not sure what was going on back there but I will just say I am sure it wasnt good.

As far as attendence goes...I would say MAYBE 7-8000. It was pretty empty. No lines for the bathroom in our section if that tells you anything. Just a weird night overall. I didnt get why they didnt have Baz be the last opening act. It made zero sense to me and the guy next to us said he was awesome.

Found this about Eagles of Death Metal:

EAGLES OF DEATH METAL appear to have been removed from the GUNS N' ROSES tour after only one show due to an overwhelmingly poor reception the band got from the GN'R audience during EAGLES' tour opener. According to several fans who attended last night's (Nov. 24) GUNS N' ROSES concert at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio (also featuring SEBASTIAN BACH and SUICIDE GIRLS), people were booing throughout EAGLES' hour-long set, with some of the GN'R fans calling the group's performance "horrid at best" and describing the band's music as "pretty fucking lame," with a repertoire of songs that sound "almost the same." GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose apparently agreed with his fans, because a few songs into GNR's set he reportedly said something to the effect of, "So how'd you like THE PIGEONS OF SHIT METAL? Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us."

Edited by sarmcl

Just a note, Axl always has run off to the side of the stage during songs. Hes done that snce the UYI days maybe even a little before. Usually does it during a solo in the song

Oh yeah I know. I first saw them open for Aerosmith and then headline with Skid Row....and noticed the same thing.

Suicide Girls was just stupid and pointless. What a joke. I think they were on MAYBE 10 minutes(until about 11:15) and it was lame and a waste of time. It also seemed like their set was pulled early. It was really weird. The music started and then the lights came on. Its a bunch of girls simply dancing. Sorry put G N R on. I dont give a crap about this stuff.

They were the first on. They came on at about 8. They came on at 11:15 to pass time because of problems with Axl or something. I'd rather have them dance then have to sit there with the lights on for an hour. And I rather enjoyed the Suicide Show. I like to see practically naked girls jumping, skipping, and dancing around.

They were the first on. They came on at about 8. They came on at 11:15 to pass time because of problems with Axl or something. I'd rather have them dance then have to sit there with the lights on for an hour. And I rather enjoyed the Suicide Show. I like to see practically naked girls jumping, skipping, and dancing around.

Well I am a girl and I dont like to see naked girls jumping & skipping :P Seriously-----I just didnt get the point of it. Just get your ass on the stage Axl and play.