November is Ending...

Vincent Vega

As of this writing, it is currently November 25th. A mere five days left in the month. Fall itself is coming to a close soon, and still there is no album, much less any word of an album being released, and not even a single to sate our collective appetites. Supposedly, ''Better'' was to debut as a single around November 19th, but that day came and went, not with the sounds of millions of satisfied fans, but with silence, as usual.

Axl himself promised, "Fall." This release figure comes not from rumors or random bitches behind record store counters or friends of a friend of friend, but from the horse's mouth itself.

As I said, it is nearly December, and still Mr. Rose has not made good. It's also been eight years, and he still has not delivered. It is not as if he only said Fall once, but he repeatedly made this statement throughout the year, and his manager (if you can call him that) Mr. "2005 is the year of Guns N' Roses" backed up his boy's statement by stating that, and I quote, "There is 13 Tuesdays left in the year. It will be one of them." We're down to five, Mercky boy. Or did Axl get cut off and mean to say, "Fall, late fall 2007"?

I'm not a hater. I'm not a fanatic either. I've followed this project since 2000, not as long as some, but long enough to know what this is generally about. I was so fucking excited earlier this year, with the leaks, then in May with the commencement of the tour. I, like a lot of you, was listening to the Trunk broadcast and was extremly excited to hear Axl commenting on the album's release.

Then we heard many release date rumors, many centering around November 21st. Another date talked about was November 28th, which has yet to pass, though I think that the 28th will pass on by like the 21st did, with no album or single.

I'm sorry if I sound like a Kaneda, but Axl has let me and millions of others down through the years, with his failure to deliver an album that I know will be steller. He's let the story of GN'R sputter to an anti-climatic ending, and keeps scribling out and rewriting the first lines of this new chapter in the history of this great band, and it's a shame.

I mean, it's really not that hard to make an album. The Beatles, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, all of those motherfuckers made epic, amazing albums, and it didn't take them 13 years. And they didn't treat their albums with such secrecy. Axl treats this album, and this band as if it were some top-secret government conspiracy, Area 51 or some shit. I think he takes himself, his band and this album way too seriously.

And the beat goes on....

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed. I'm sure the Axl apologists will flock to this thread, but you're right.

The secrecy surrounding GNR worked in 2002, but it doesn't work now - Axl and Merck were quite forthcoming with info at the beginning of the year, and it felt like a new beginning - But reverting back to their secretive ways is just obnoxious now.

It's also sad, IMO, that GNR's manager has such a huge profile in the GNR world, moreso than the musicians themselves. I don't care about what Merck has to say - Give me a quote from Stinson, Fortus, or Finck.

If it doesn't come out by end of november then 4 simple words....Axl is a liar. and fuck you to all the axl apologists :fuckyou:

He never said it'd be out by the end of November.

Go jack off to the Inglewood Bootleg.

Yeah, to all 4 of them :rofl-lol:

I have to agree with you, Mr. Miser. And I know it won't be long before the Axl fanatics flock here pointing fingers and saying, "YOU'RE NOT A FAN!" and telling those of us who invested hope in this year to leave. They'll say true fans will stick by Axl no matter what. They'll say Axl doesn't owe us anything, and that we were stupid to get our hopes up. They'll say it's OUR fault that we're fans, and that we should have come to accept Axl's behavior by now because "any fan knows what Axl is like" (as per a quote from another topic) and "you should have known better."

But this isn't like before. There weren't just unsubstantiated rumors. Axl, Merck and even Beta reinforced multiple times this year that this was the year for the album. Axl was even asked again a couple months ago at the VMAs and he said it was definitely the year for Democracy to be released.

Of course, a normal artist would use such an opportunity to happily promote the album. "Yep, it's coming out this year, and we're on tour right now and we'll have a single out soon! Look for it in stores very soon." But not Axl. The interviewer asks him about the album and he acts like it's the JFK assassination or something. It's like he tries not to talk about it.

I just don't understand that kind of behavior, sadly. :(

Better was supposed to drop as a single based on the HD ad, but it never happened. The television ad was apparently pulled before it even got a chance to hit TV.

We have five Tuesdays left. We are veering into winter. Axl said it would be out in fall. Clearly, that has not happened. So Axl has already misled us. I'm just hoping his misleading doesn't transform into lies come January 1st 2007.

Edited by Estranged Reality

I will not be mad at Axl or Merck or whomever if the album doesnt come out, that does not make me an apologist for them, just makes me not care as much about when the album comes out as you guys do. I am a HUGE fan since AFD when I was already a teen and now I just have too many other things to worry about, as do most of the old scholl fans.

My guess is most of the newer generation fans without careers and motgages kids, etc care alot and complain and call Axl names cause, well what else is there to be mad at? Most of the youth today are politically uninformed and have no real interest in it. So, why not complain about Axl?

If you can find time/emotion in your likfe to actually complain about a musician you have never met, and his/her lack of honesty. You got nothing going on.

I will not be mad at Axl or Merck or whomever if the album doesnt come out, that does not make me an apologist for them, just makes me not care as much about when the album comes out as you guys do. I am a HUGE fan since AFD when I was already a teen and now I just have too many other things to worry about, as do most of the old scholl fans.

My guess is most of the newer generation fans without careers and motgages kids, etc care alot and complain and call Axl names cause, well what else is there to be mad at? Most of the youth today are politically uninformed and have no real interest in it. So, why not complain about Axl?

If you can find time/emotion in your likfe to actually complain about a musician you have never met, and his/her lack of honesty. You got nothing going on.

And yet when you guys all latched onto Del James' phrase about "Disconnecting from the computer and reconnecting to the real world" and began making it your signatures and mantras, I brought up the point that the reason I can't go to all the shows I want to - and the reason I can't drop thousands to fly across America and see GN'R play - is because of reality. Jobs, families, responsibilities, finances.

And I was told at the time by someone that this was my fault and that if I were a true fan I'd say, "Fuck it" and drop everything.

Now you're spinning it around and saying people who complain don't have responsibilities?

So which is it?

Gunzen, seriously, shut up. No one gives a fuck about your kids or your mortgage.

What I dont give a fuck about is your pictures of other men on your siniature, are you gay?

And I was making a valid point man, you guys who complain are just vapid in your life, I will say it again, if you get upset over what complete strangers say about album releases to the point of getting angry, then you got no life.

Ind by the way, I care about my kids, bringing one to Oak to see GNR, and you wish you had a mortgage(s), . I could buy your whole trailer park loser. Have fun waxin the lanes at your bowling alley, loser.

I suggest less fixation on men, and to crack a book and get a degree, so you can quit Bowl a Rama :book:

You dont HAVE to be wroking for minimum wage to be a fan of GNR

Edited by Gunzen

What if Dead Flower were gay? Do you get your kicks from making fun of homosexuals? I believe this is not only against the site terms and conditions, but against the law. Homophobia is not cool.

And I can't believe you criticize Dead Flower for having images of male musicians in his profile when most of the users on this site boast pictures of Axl or Robin Finck. Do you think they're gay, too? Myself included? Oh god! I've got a man in my profile pic! God help me! I'm a queer!

if you get upset over what complete strangers say about album releases to the point of getting angry, then you got no life.

Axl Rose is hardly a complete stranger. It's not like I walked into Denny's and the waitress told me Chinese Democracy would be out this year. Axl Rose is the musician most primarily associated with this album, and he said - numerous times - it would be out this year. So did his manager, Merck. They communicate with us for a reason, you know.

If words mean nothing then why bother?

Of course, if Velvet Revolver said their album would be out - "definitely" - by the end of 2006 and it got delayed, I bet you'd rip them, right?

Why must everything be a war? Why can't anyone just be balanced?

I love GN'R. I love Axl. But if the man has lied then he does deserve criticism and blame. I can't believe some of you are so willing to say, "It's your fault you trusted the musician behind this album. What does he know anyway?! He's just recording the damn thing."

Oh, and before you start accusing someone else of being "vapid" and in need of an education, perhaps you'd better learn to spell yourself.

Grammatical errors in Dead Flower's post: 0

Grammatical errors in Gunzen's post: Priceless.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else there's a fuckin' dictionary. Use it or lose it, brother.

Gunzen, seriously, shut up. No one gives a fuck about your kids or your mortgage.

What I dont give a fuck about is your pictures of other men on your siniature, are you gay?

And I was making a valid point man, you guys who complain are just vapid in your life, I will say it again, if you get upset over what complete strangers say about album releases to the point of getting angry, then you got no life.

Ind by the way, I care about my kids, bringing one to Oak to see GNR, and you wish you had a mortgage(s), . I could buy your whole trailer park loser. Have fun waxin the lanes at your bowling alley, loser.

I suggest less fixation on men, and to crack a book and get a degree, so you can quit Bowl a Rama :book:

(chuckle!)

Del was right, btw. Nobody is asking anyone to spend thousands of dollars to fly around the country to see GNR. That argument is getting old. They were pointing out people who over analyze things to the point of obsession... and bitch about comments people associated with the band have made when the year ISN'T EVEN OVER YET.

Please, guys, shut the fuck up already. If you want to complain, or let us know when another month is ending and cry up a storm... wait until January 1st if there's still no album or news.

(chuckle!)

Del was right, btw. Nobody is asking anyone to spend thousands of dollars to fly around the country to see GNR. That argument is getting old. They were pointing out people who over analyze things to the point of obsession... and bitch about comments people associated with the band have made when the year ISN'T EVEN OVER YET.

Please, guys, shut the fuck up already. If you want to complain, or let us know when another month is ending and cry up a storm... wait until January 1st if there's still no album or news.

Matt, no one is complaining. That's exactly what I knew would happen to this thread. Some people just label everything a "hating" or a "diss" but it's never that simple.

Why is it okay for people to post blindly positive topics but as soon as a remotely objective thread is created, the fans tear it apart, take it off course and take everything out of context and try to turn it into something it's not?

Seriously, you are a bizarre person.

Are you a alias of Matt13?

What if Dead Flower were gay? Do you get your kicks from making fun of homosexuals? I believe this is not only against the site terms and conditions, but against the law. Homophobia is not cool.

And I can't believe you criticize Dead Flower for having images of male musicians in his profile when most of the users on this site boast pictures of Axl or Robin Finck. Do you think they're gay, too? Myself included? Oh god! I've got a man in my profile pic! God help me! I'm a queer!

if you get upset over what complete strangers say about album releases to the point of getting angry, then you got no life.

Axl Rose is hardly a complete stranger. It's not like I walked into Denny's and the waitress told me Chinese Democracy would be out this year. Axl Rose is the musician most primarily associated with this album, and he said - numerous times - it would be out this year. So did his manager, Merck. They communicate with us for a reason, you know.

Of course, if Velvet Revolver said their album would be out - "definitely" - by the end of 2006 and it got delayed, I bet you'd rip them, right?

I love GN'R. I love Axl. But if the man has lied then he does deserve criticism and blame. I can't believe some of you are so willing to say, "It's your fault you trusted the musician behind this album. What does he know anyway?! He's just recording the damn thing."

Oh, and before you start accusing someone else of being "vapid" and in need of an education, perhaps you'd better learn to spell yourself.

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else there's a fuckin' dictionary. Use it or lose it, brother.

mispelled words on a forum is not due to "spelling" is is due to typing, and i am too fuckng lazy to fix what are called "typos" Look at the mispelled words, they are just keystrokes jackass.

umm, I am not a typist, I am sitting in front of my tv with my laptop typing, my personal sectretary does my typing for me at work. You will find out later that just because you can type without mistakes from so much time spent on forums that doesnt prove shit. people who dont type in the corporate world make the bank.

and for the record, I accused only dead of being uneducated, cause his points are not points, just shit talking. I can lump you in with him if you want?

and the youth of today have no concept of history or politics.

I dont know about the Dennys thing, I dont eat there, but you dont know Axl, he should have no eeffect on your life, he is just an entertainer. the sooner you realize that the better.

Edited by Gunzen

anyone who gets offended by little 13 year old backlashes here, is quite stupid.. they all lay the bait and you all take it..

this is a bullshit thread now, and it's just ending up how nearly all the other "thought" threads end up, with a bitchfight about someones sig?

gay.. not that theres anything wrong with that.

but seriously, gay.

mispelled words on a forum is not due to "spelling" is is due to typing, and i am too fuckng lazy to fix what are called "typos" Look at the mispelled words, they are just keystrokes jackass.

umm, I am not a typist, I am sitting in front of my tv with my laptop typing, my personal sectretary does my typing for me at work. You will find out later that just because you can type without mistakes from so much time spent on forums that doesnt prove shit. people who dont type in the corporate world make the bank.

and for the record, I accused only dead of being uneducated, cause his points are not points, just shit talking. I can lump you in with him if you want?

and the youth of today have no concept of history or politics.

I dont know about the Dennys thing, I dont eat there, but you dont know Axl, he should have no eeffect on your life, he is just an entertainer. the sooner you realize that the better.

Oh, sorry.

soz if i typez likes dis i can blame it on pore typin skills sinz i have a secratary ta do da typin for me at work i aint stupid i rich bitch lol.

Do you see the hypocrisy?

mispelled words on a forum is not due to "spelling" is is due to typing

I smell something. I think it's pure bullshit but it may just be expired mayonnaise.

Nah, probably bullshit. And expired mayonnaise. Were you too lazy to clean your fridge out, too?? :o

You will find out later that just because you can type without mistakes from so much time spent on forums that doesnt prove shit.

I will find out later that something which isn't true is true? Oh really? I've been typing for years and I've been using forums for years, too. People who can't take the initiative to spell correctly are often labelled idiots. If you don't believe this, maybe YOU are the one who will "find out later."

Yes, grammar on the Internet does say a lot. If you are "too lazy" to use correct grammar, then perhaps you should take a nap or get some Red Bull or something. Laziness and fatigue is no excuse to mis-spell countless words and then call other people uneducated.

And really, no one cares if you're raking in the dough. It's not relevant to the topic at ALL and your constant job-dropping references is rather worrying to be honest.

(chuckle!)

Matt, no one is complaining. That's exactly what I knew would happen to this thread. Some people just label everything a "hating" or a "diss" but it's never that simple.

Why is it okay for people to post blindly positive topics but as soon as a remotely objective thread is created, the fans tear it apart, take it off course and take everything out of context and try to turn it into something it's not?

Because you complain :rolleyes:

(chuckle!)

Point me to a single time where I've complained.

And there is a difference between constructive criticism and just "complaining." I don't go around whining about the current state of affairs. However, yes, when there is a post such as this, I do post my concerns. Just as I post positive reflections/thoughts in other threads dealing with positive topics. I'm just not a blind supporter like some people who think everything Axl does is pure gold. I think the way they are treating ALL fans right now is pretty unfortunate.

(chuckle!)

Point me to a single time where I've complained.

And there is a difference between constructive criticism and just "complaining." I don't go around whining about the current state of affairs. However, yes, when there is a post such as this, I do post my concerns. Just as I post positive reflections/thoughts in other threads. I'm just not a blind supporter like some people who think everything Axl does is pure gold. I think the way they are treating ALL fans right now is pretty unfortunate.

Doesn't matter how you twist it... you complain :rolleyes: No offense... I don't hate you for it :)

I think he is an alias of Matt13, either way they're both douchebags

I think he is an alias of Matt13, either way they're both douchebags

I don't hide behind aliases... check with any mod on here if you'd like, sweetie pie. Also, sorry you think I'm a 'douchebag'. Pity, only pot heads and retards with no education use that kind of a word. Pretty pathetic if you ask me:) I must have made you feel like an idiot at some point... I have that affect on pot heads and retards around here. Sorry dude.

Edited by Matt13