Mick Jagger

Vincent Vega

Mick Jagger is one of the greatest frontmen ever. While not the best singer, he does a good voice, a decent range and like Axl, has a variety of voices which he uses. See the song Emotional Rescue for referrence. In his songs, he gives personality and creates a persona with many of his songs, whether it's a New York Pimp (Miss You) or Lucifer himself (Sympathy for the Devil), he has so many roles that he plays in his music.

He is one of the most charismatic frontmen there is, and he connects with his audience. He also doesn't take the music or himself too seriously, which is something that I see as a fault in many musicians. He just flows with the music and the times.

He is also a great dancer. Axl may do his snakedance, but he'll never be the dancer that Mick is. Even at 63 years old, Mick and the Stones still rock audiences around the world. Here's to Sir Mick, may he keep rocking!!

I will. I've seen the Stones and the Who, and can say with confidence that Daltrey is pound-per-pound a better frontman. He may not cover quite as much ground, but I happen to find him more entertaining, and a better singer to boot. Remember back when Jagger had a sore throat and cancelled a bunch of shows? When I saw the Who in September, Daltrey had a severe allergic reaction mid-song on You Better You Bet. Pete sang My Generation, and the stage cleared for about 10 minutes. When the band came back out, they kicked it off with Won't Get Fooled Again, and Roger single handedly brought the house down. His voice was as powerful as in the 60s, the performance was spot on, and that scream at the end........greatest moment in live music right there. Jagger's great, don't get me wrong, but having seen em both, I give Daltrey the edge by quite a bit.

Springsteen is also better, IMO. He does a much better job connecting with the audience from what I've seen, has a superior voice, and covers just as much ground when you consider that he plays guitar AND sings. When he puts down the guitar, though, he owns Jagger like no other. Check this for proof. Bruce may not rip off Tina Turner's dance mooves, but he connects and entertains.

Paul Rodgers (at least with Queen) is also better. He was clearly enjoying himself more than Jagger when I compare the shows I was at, connected better, and was clearly greatful for the opportunity to perform with a band the callibur of Queen and to play Queen's music in tribute to his fallen friend, Freddie Mercury. To Jagger, it all seemed to be another day at the office.

Jagger is one of the best, I just think to say that he's the best bar none is untrue.

That's quite possible. Daltrey is stunning. I've seen him twice, and he blew me away both times. Jagger gave me what I expected. I think that's the difference: Daltrey suprises you, but Jagger's just predictable. I mean, he's fun n all, but Daltrey has the pipes AND the presence where Jag only has the latter. Not to knock him. The song whose title provides your screen name was one of the best live performances I have ever seen. They played it for upwards of 12 minutes.

I think Rog has always just seemed more authentic to me. Both of em have enough money that they don't need to tour anymore, and every tour will make either one of em more $$ in a night than I will ever make in a year. Roger has just always seemed to be more genuinely happy to be on the road with his band (Roger had been pushing to do a Who world tour since the 02 one wrapped up, but Pete refused to go out with no new material - hence Endless Wire). Not that Mick isn't amazing and all smiles durring shows, he just seems to have more of a "Let's do this, cut me my check, and we can go to bed" attitude to Roger's give em hell. When I saw the Who back in September, Roger was still so energetic durring the shows climax (a 4 song run from Tommy in the encore) he completely obliterated about 6 tambourines before belting out See Me Feel Me / Listening to You. He was swinging the mic around by both chord and stand the whole show, and simply loving it up. The only time he visibly stopped having fun was Baba O'Reily (which was lackluster all around - you'd think they'd played that song every night for the last 40 years or somethin...oh yeah they have), but I couldn't blame him. When he sang the new stuff, though.....roof came off.

I'm ranting again...

I've never forget their Bridges to Babylon show in Greece in 1998. At first I was a little hesitant about how he could pull through a 2,5 hour show, considering his age but he was absolutely amazing in terms of voice and perfomance too . It was the greatest show I 've ever been to.

Mick Jagger is a living legent! rock3rock3

better front man than rog' mick aannnnnd anyone else u care to mention, monsieur Iggy Pop :):):) i dont give a shit what people say, forget ur standards for a second n check the man, check the program, check the resume, he's got his baritone thing for wild one n china girl, he's got his rabid fuckin AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH voice, listen to the raw power album, i DARE u to find me a more fierce vocal, n as for the rest of being a frontman, jus watch the fuckin guy on stage!!! oft used example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BD_XCECbAEU

better front man than rog' mick aannnnnd anyone else u care to mention, monsieur Iggy Pop :):):) i dont give a shit what people say, forget ur standards for a second n check the man, check the program, check the resume, he's got his baritone thing for wild one n china girl, he's got his rabid fuckin AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH voice, listen to the raw power album, i DARE u to find me a more fierce vocal, n as for the rest of being a frontman, jus watch the fuckin guy on stage!!! oft used example:

That is the best live footage of any band EVER.

right :):):) he's so...purposeful, so intentional on stage. people like axl, mick as much as i love em, u can put em down to a series of moves that they do on stage, i.e. axl the leg kick, the swivelling hips, the pole dancer rub thing, the spinnin round dance....n he repeats these EVERY gig. Ig' on the other hand, u jus have NO idea whats comin.

Oh lord, Bruce Springsteen :vomit:

I'm shocked at the lack of respect for him. You don't like him, that's acceptable, but you simply cannot deny his amazing skills as a frontman and songwriter.

Agreed,

The only band better live than Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band is The Who.

right :) he's so...purposeful, so intentional on stage. people like axl, mick as much as i love em, u can put em down to a series of moves that they do on stage, i.e. axl the leg kick, the swivelling hips, the pole dancer rub thing, the spinnin round dance....n he repeats these EVERY gig. Ig' on the other hand, u jus have NO idea whats comin.

I think Axl is a horrible frontman. :no: I can understand why people think Mick is great, but Axl?!?!

Hopefully Iggy will bring out the peanut butter again. :krider:

right :) he's so...purposeful, so intentional on stage. people like axl, mick as much as i love em, u can put em down to a series of moves that they do on stage, i.e. axl the leg kick, the swivelling hips, the pole dancer rub thing, the spinnin round dance....n he repeats these EVERY gig. Ig' on the other hand, u jus have NO idea whats comin.

I think Axl is a horrible frontman. :no: I can understand why people think Mick is great, but Axl?!?!

Hopefully Iggy will bring out the peanut butter again. :krider:

didnt he once use vaseline or oil n glitter??? how cool would that look? :)