My Review

ronaldo9

I got to the arena during Bach's set. I'm not really familiar with any of his new songs, but he kept the crowd into the show through his entire set. In my opinion, "18 and Life" was probably the highlight of his set. He just flat-out nailed the song.

The Eagles of Death Metal went on after Bach. Besides the songs being pretty much the same musically, most of the lyrics were pretty simple. To sum it up, they sounded just terrible last night, and were probably the worst band I've ever seen live. Everyone around me was booing during their set and shouting statements such as "You suck" and "Get off the stage" between their songs. I didn't participate in any of the booing, but I can't say I necessarily gave them a standing ovation after their set either.

GN'R went on at almost exactly midnight. They put on a great show and the crowd was really into it. In my section, the crowd was standing nearly the entire time, the only exception was during Ron's solo. Like it's been said beforein other topics, Axl did throw somebody out during Live and Let Die, and he did call the EODM the Pigeons of Shit Metal, which I, along with a lot of other people in the crowd found pretty funny. He also mentioned them again as Robin was playing the opening part to "Better." I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "Well, you guys had to sit through the Pigeons of Shit Metal, but don't worry, it's going to get..." and then he started into the song. His earpiece was bothering him the entire show, with him even making a comment about it during the set. I forget the exact words but he described as something like "a garbage disposal grinding away in his ear over and over again." His also made a comment about the sound before "Patience" by saying that "this next song is something that I'm trying to have a little bit of tonight. But, it looks like I'm going to need a lot more of it than I thought." Even with all of these problems, the band and him put on a memorable, high-energy performance.

Though, the most impressing part of the night came after the band took their final bow. After they all left the stage, Axl came back by himself and thanked the crowd for bearing with him through all of the problems they had that night and said that he really appreciated their support. He also made a comment like "I had a pretty shitty day going so far, but it was really fun tonight." Then, he told everyone to have a safe trip home and wished them a good night again.

Edited by ronaldo9

I got to the arena during Bach's set. I'm not really familiar with any of his new songs, but he kept the crowd into the show through his entire set. In my opinion, "18 and Life" was probably the highlight of his set. He just flat-out nailed the song.

The Eagles of Death Metal went on after Bach. Besides the songs being pretty much the same musically, most of the lyrics were pretty simple. To sum it up, they sounded just terrible last night, and were probably the worst band I've ever seen live. Everyone around me was booing during their set and shouting statements such as "You suck" and "Get off the stage" between their songs. I didn't participate in any of the booing, but I can't say I necessarily gave them a standing ovation after their set either.

GN'R went on at almost exactly midnight. I would say the arena was probably 70-75% full from what I could tell. They put on a great show and the crowd was really into it. In my section, the crowd was standing nearly the entire time, the only exception was during Ron's solo. Like it's been said beforein other topics, Axl did throw somebody out during Live and Let Die, and he did call the EODM the Pigeons of Shit Metal, which I, along with a lot of other people in the crowd found pretty funny. He also mentioned them again as Robin was playing the opening part to "Better." I couldn't tell exactly what he said, but it was something along the lines of "Well, you guys had to sit through the Pigeons of Shit Metal, but don't worry, it's going to get..." and then he started into the song. His earpiece was bothering him the entire show, with him even making a comment about it during the set. I forget the exact words but he described as something like "a garbage disposal grinding away in his ear over and over again." His also made a comment about the sound before "Patience" by saying that "this next song is something that I'm trying to have a little bit of tonight. But, it looks like I'm going to need a lot more of it than I thought." Even with all of these problems, the band and him put on a memorable, high-energy performance.

Though, the most impressing part of the night came after the band took their final bow. After they all left the stage, Axl came back by himself and thanked the crowd for bearing with him through all of the problems they had that night and said that he really appreciated their support. He also made a comment like "I had a pretty shitty day going so far, but it was really fun tonight." Then, he told everyone to have a safe trip home and wished them a good night again.

Nice review. However, no way was the arena 70-75% full. The Q holds 20,000 people. The top of the arena was blocked off by curtains leaving the club seats, 100 section and floor. The floor alone was MAYBE half full. I would say there was close to 7-8000 and I think thats even being nice. We had numerous empty seats by us.

Nice review. However, no way was the arena 70-75% full. The Q holds 20,000 people. The top of the arena was blocked off by curtains leaving the club seats, 100 section and floor. The floor alone was MAYBE half full. I would say there was close to 7-8000 and I think thats even being nice. We had numerous empty seats by us.

Your probably more qualified than me in making that estimation. I came in from out of town and I'm not familiar at all with the Q. I just tried to make some sort of estimate based on the seats that looked like they were available.