something i don't understand

ohyesindeed

i just looked @ the san diego show, and you are still able to buy the maximum # of floor seats.

why do you think they haven't rescheduled to smaller venues? the hammerstein and vegas shows were packed to the gills, created a huge buzz, and also gave die-hards the chance to see the band up close in a more intimate setting. does it stand to reason that gn'r are losing money every night they play to a half capacity house? do you think everybody (axl included) thought the record be out by now when the tour was booked? do you think axl's having problems promoting this tour because of his past mishaps with clear channel?

it's possible that i'll be in san diego when the band is there, and i'd love to see them......i just don't know how i feel paying $75 to see guns in a half full arena. i mean, i'd be going by myself, as my brother and his wife are not "rock show people" to say the least....and there's always that off chance it will be cancelled.

i just looked @ the san diego show, and you are still able to buy the maximum # of floor seats.

why do you think they haven't rescheduled to smaller venues? the hammerstein and vegas shows were packed to the gills, created a huge buzz, and also gave die-hards the chance to see the band up close in a more intimate setting. does it stand to reason that gn'r are losing money every night they play to a half capacity house? do you think everybody (axl included) thought the record be out by now when the tour was booked? do you think axl's having problems promoting this tour because of his past mishaps with clear channel?

it's possible that i'll be in san diego when the band is there, and i'd love to see them......i just don't know how i feel paying $75 to see guns in a half full arena. i mean, i'd be going by myself, as my brother and his wife are not "rock show people" to say the least....and there's always that off chance it will be cancelled.

I was In New York it was great. Seen Toronto, Ottawa and Quebec too and it was all between 80-95%, I don't understand why people are so worried about all this!

I don't care how many people there is in the place, as long as the crowd don't suck and I can see GNR!

I don't care, they got my money already. I'm going to the San Diego show and theres still over a month and a half left. They'll sell a few more tickets.

i think the lack of sales in some places has made Axl worry about CD again but we got a while left

to be fair I think Axl was planning on sold out arena's because it was the chinese democracy tour but because he hasnt dropped the record yet it sort of backfired. It worked in Europe though

It worked in Europe indeed.

I must say that the attendance to the greek concert was massive, allthough the promotion of this concert was really poor here. We got informed about this just a month before the gig and just by a radio station. No posters, no tv spots, nothing! Until I got my ticket I couldn't believe it.

They have cancelled about one show of 60. So in a statistic view the chance that they will cancel the san diego show will be somewhere between 1-2%. Take it easy man!

the venues have been about 80%+ sold out in average, so I there´s no reason to be worry.

But you are a good example that people talking bullshit really affects people and make this harder for guns to make this successful.

I should be more worried about that then a chance guns cancel a show.

And yes, I think they had planned to get CD out when they booked the tour.

i think the lack of sales in some places has made Axl worry about CD again but we got a while left

to be fair I think Axl was planning on sold out arena's because it was the chinese democracy tour but because he hasnt dropped the record yet it sort of backfired. It worked in Europe though

I must say that the attendance to the greek concert was massive, allthough the promotion of this concert was really poor here. We got informed about this just a month before the gig and just by a radio station. No posters, no tv spots, nothing! Until I got my ticket I couldn't believe it.

thats mercks AWESOME skills for you.. one month prior? man, thats cheap, espcecially when no posters are put anywhere or airplay.

man, when vr came here to play, i went to both shows. both sold out.. there were posters everywhere, the music magazines promoted it, and it had a tv commercial about it, months prior.. thats how its done.

oh and the radio station was giving away free tickets for some competition also..

they sold out two shows, and both shows had 9000 screaming fans man.

If the show doesn't sell the loss goes to the promoter. GnR, like most other bands, get a guaranteed check before they go on stage. If the show only sells 1 ticket, the band still gets the money. Clear Channel, AEG, JAM Productions are all examples of this industry.

On a side note, I would guess GnR makes $350K to $500K per show.

Obviously something happend to where they felt justified in charging all this money for GNR tickets. But truth be told, its the promoter who sets the ticket prices and the venues. If a huge venue says they would be happy to have GNR come play, and they would charge $75 dollars a ticket, thats the promoters deal, not GNR.

I do local promotion and shows in the Detroit area, and the bands have no say in how much ticket prices are. I just contact them, tell them how much they will get paid, and hope for the best as far as ticket sales go. Sometimes you win, sometimes you dont.

You needn't worry about the band not showing up - slim chance. They get a 200,000$ set fee regardless of ticket sales.

The Canadian shows that someone mentioned - the Candian and Northern US (New York, Chicago) shows are the best selling of the tour. Calgary and Halifax sold out. Toronto had 18,500. Ottawa had about 12,000. Edmonton will be a near-sellout, probably Winnipeg as well.

I dunno why this band struggles so much in the south compared to the north, but it does. Although four shows in Florida was stupid - and that's why you had two shows with 10,000+ and two smaller shows.

thats mercks AWESOME skills for you.. one month prior? man, thats cheap, espcecially when no posters are put anywhere or airplay.

man, when vr came here to play, i went to both shows. both sold out.. there were posters everywhere, the music magazines promoted it, and it had a tv commercial about it, months prior.. thats how its done.

oh and the radio station was giving away free tickets for some competition also..

they sold out two shows, and both shows had 9000 screaming fans man.

you're right! This promotion sucked.

Still we gathered 18.000 people just for them, cause even though they 've played in a festival at their day were just them. *

That's weird too and all these facts lead me to the conclusion that this gig was planned roughly.

*Edit: It was also another band called "Star star" and they played for 20'. We didn't know until we got there who 'd play with them... as the tickets wrote on them simply "guests". This was worst thing ever! They were worse than my 12year old cousins' group.

Edited by rQueen