Negitive crap at last nights show

sharpie

I don´t understand why some people bother coming here just to spread a negative shit that´s becoming booooooooooooooooring :rolleyes:

Do you know what's really booooooooooooooooooooooooring ? To be a GNR fan and seeing what your favorite band has become. That's so boring. That's terrible actually. Painful !

What's also annoying is to see Axl's nutswingers not giving a shit about Guns N'Roses. Yes, that's annoying. This was a band, and it has become a one-man-show, in spite of all the boring solos Axl's friends are playing pointlessly...

Yes, Axl and his band are boring and so are most of their fans. You just don't know what was GNR, that's why you are so easily amused.

Don´t speak a if you were the only one who has been a long time fan ;)

And if you don´t like the current band it´s ok but you should respect the fact that a lot of us do,and if you miss Slash and co. you can always go listen to VR or the uyis or afd. Dude,those guys left us a legacy of amazing music but they are not in the band anymore. Move on.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Slash actually. I think it is pointless to do "GNR" shows without the real band.

Come back Slash ! :)

It's boring without you.

:rofl-lol:

If you want Slash, go watch Velvet Revolver.

I want Guns N'Roses, not a fuckin' fraud calling itself GNR. They don't deserve the name ! :no:

Then don't post on this part of the message board. How hard is it to understand, that Guns N' Roses of the past is done, and Guns N' Roses of the present is not. The other guys have a band.

Dude,those guys left us a legacy of amazing music but they are not in the band anymore. Move on.

The band you're talking about don't exist anymore. Move on. Axl is mainly playing 20 years old songs. Maybe he should move on. Axl has called his new band as an old band that don't exist anymore. Maybe he should move on. Axl is still behaving as if he was relevant. Maybe he should move on. Axl thinks the earth is going to stop turning when he releases his record. Maybe he should move on because way less people than he thinks care about it...

When this guy is moving on, maybe I'll be moving on too and have a little more of respect for that guy.

For the moment, I don't see why I should respect this kind of fraud and lack of respect towards the real GNR fans.

Edited by Deniro

Yes, Axl and his band are boring and so are most of their fans. You just don't know what was GNR, that's why you are so easily amused.

Snakepit was boring. Duff's punk band was boring. Matt's lame-ass bands were boring. Even Izzy's band was boring.

VR is boring. STP was way more innovative!

So, if you agree that all these band are boring, then somewhere along the line the old GnR got boring too.

There is still hope for GnR. CD is GnR's last hope.

Snakepit was boring. Duff's punk band was boring. Matt's lame-ass bands were boring. Even Izzy's band was boring.

VR is boring. STP was way more innovative!

So, if you agree that all these band are boring, then somewhere along the line the old GnR got boring too.

There is still hope for GnR. CD is GnR's last hope.

Most of what you said is ignorant and incorrect, but even if it was all true, if CD is our last hope, it is over.

Once again, you're missing the point.

Axl-ites, it's pointless to try to say "that band is dead". As long as the band is still playing the hits of Appetite, the old band lives on.

Slash-ites, get with the fucking times--Slash hasn't been in the band for 10 years.

"But it's not the band anymore" you say.

Dave and Rachel still use the name Skid Row even Baz is long gone. I don't even think the original members of Warrant are still in the band. Journey and Def Leppard have new lead singers.

But the point is, what is the band?

The band,at its heart, is composed of the principal song-writers. Everyone else is periphery to that. Because it doesn't matter how good you are, you are nothing without good songs (Buckethead's solo career, anyone?)

So who were the principal song-writers of GnR?

Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin.

When Izzy left, That meant that Axl was holder of the throne.

Why did AC/DC get to keep the name when Bon Scott died? Angus and Malcolm wrote the music. Didtto for DAve and Rachel in the Skid Row sitch.

Slash is damn good--but you could've put anyone with equal talent into the band playing the same songs on Appetite with a stereotypical Rock and Roll badass look and they would've been just as successful.

Plus, Axl established himself as an amazing song-writer--November Rain, Don't Cry, Estranged, The Blues. What has Slash done that's comparable to that? I submit that there is nothing.

And on the "Feeling" arguement--I'm sorry, but how do you measure that? Do we have a "feeling" meter that we plug into Slash's amp that reads higher than the one plugged into Robin's amp?

Fucking dumbest arguement ever. His style is bluesier. That's it.

Feeling" in music is completely subjective--you could argue that by demeaning women in "Anything Goes" the band had no feeling, and that Nickelback has more "feeling." You could say that "Axl sounds like a dying cat"--well he doesn't to us, but one of my friends stands by that. But there's no "dying cat meter" that we can plug into Axl's mic. It's COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE. As is feeling.

If you want to have a real debate, you can't bring subjective factors like "he plays with more feeling" into the equation because it's just fucking stupid. It doesn't work that way. A debate is based on opinions backed up by fact. There are no facts attached to "he has more feeling."

"I like the fact that his style is bluesier" is a good point. But to try to state "he plays with more feeling" is preposterous. I LIKE the fact that Robin and Richard tear up "Beautiful" and IT IS MY OPINION that they demonstrate a lot of feeling in that song. That's my opinion, but we're not going to debate that because that is completely subjective.

The theory that the people who don't like the new band and still bitch for Slash are idiots, is also my opinion.

Slash is damn good--but you could've put anyone with equal talent into the band playing the same songs on Appetite with a stereotypical Rock and Roll badass look and they would've been just as successful.

Plus, Axl established himself as an amazing song-writer--November Rain, Don't Cry, Estranged, The Blues. What has Slash done that's comparable to that? I submit that there is nothing.

Well, lets analyze this - the "meat" of your point:

Axl writes interesting lyrics. Musically, he's close to a zero. Basic chords, no interesting or new melodic ideas. Slash took his songs that you say Axl wrote so well to a level where they are top notch, which is why nobody gives a shit about the new music. When GNR toured in 1991 playing the UYI stuff before it came out, people stayed interested. Today, they sit. Enough said.

Your statement about putting anyone with equal talent goes both ways - Axl could have been replaced with anyone as well. If Slash was so easy to replace, why are we stuck with Finck instead of someone equally as talented as Slash? Why did we have to downgrade?

Axl writes interesting lyrics. Musically, he's close to a zero. Basic chords, no interesting or new melodic ideas. Slash took his songs that you say Axl wrote so well to a level where they are top notch, which is why nobody gives a shit about the new music. When GNR toured in 1991 playing the UYI stuff before it came out, people stayed interested. Today, they sit. Enough said.

I believe this excerpt reaffirms the notion quite well..

"But as good as Rose's lyrics and screeching vocals are, they wouldn't be nearly as effective without the twin-guitar interplay of Slash and Izzy Stradlin, who spit out riffs and solos better than any band since the Rolling Stones, and that's what makes Appetite for Destruction the best metal record of the late '80s." - Allmusic.com

-Kickingthehabit

Your statement about putting anyone with equal talent goes both ways - Axl could have been replaced with anyone as well. If Slash was so easy to replace, why are we stuck with Finck instead of someone equally as talented as Slash? Why did we have to downgrade?

why does velvet revolver suck? Contraband, pssh.

Edited by Frozen Inferno

Not sure you are giving Axl enough credit, especially when you say no interesting melodic ideas. His vocal melodies are top notch.

But Bryan saying that anyone with equal talent could replace Slash is ridiculous. Find me all those guys with equal talent then. When it comes to writing solos and riffs that are a perfect match for GN'R, not to mention stage presence and star quality, very few people are even in the same league.

Contraband was a bit of a let down for me but it's got it's high points. I'm hoping they build on those and make a more complete album this time around. To say the album was all crap is bogus and can only come across as a very biased point of view, IMO.

There are a thousand guitarists out there with equal talent who could've done what Slash did. The reason no one can find them?

They have no Rose and Stradlin writing their songs.

Nough said.

Ignorant post. You obviously don't know anything about the successful version of the band. Sorry.

I always felt that Axl was about 50% of the music-writing talent in the original band, Slash was about 40% and Izzy was 10%. SCOM isn't anywhere near as good without Slash's simple but AWESOME licks. Likewise on November Rain and Estranged... to cite a few examples. I always thought that those licks came from Slash. And I think they're missing with the new stuff.

And after listening to Finck, Fortus and Thal give solos, it's clear that they (especially Finck and Fortis) are more intersted in speed metal and making the guitar give off strange sounds than they are in putting together a pleasing riff. Obviously, this is my subjective view... based on bootlegs, not studio stuff.

There are a thousand guitarists out there with equal talent who could've done what Slash did. The reason no one can find them?

Nough said.

Wow, thanks for showing how biased against Slash you really are.

What do you think, that Axl and Izzy wrote everything? Slash came up with plenty of stuff (SCOM intro + solo, Estranged solos, Coma, plus a lot more). If you think anyone can write music like that and you can't give credit where credit is due, there's really nothing more to say.

Someone else would have written something different, and odds are it would have been worse.

And the reason people (well, most people) don't dare say stuff like this is because they recognize talent, appreciate it, and they have respect.

I don´t understand why some people bother coming here just to spread a negative shit that´s becoming booooooooooooooooring :rolleyes:

Do you know what's really booooooooooooooooooooooooring ? To be a GNR fan and seeing what your favorite band has become. That's so boring. That's terrible actually. Painful !

What's also annoying is to see Axl's nutswingers not giving a shit about Guns N'Roses. Yes, that's annoying. This was a band, and it has become a one-man-show, in spite of all the boring solos Axl's friends are playing pointlessly...

Deniro I couldn't put it better myself. I agree with ya!

Imo Axl probably had a good reason to do this.

Nutswingers always find good reasons to Axl's acts.

So anyone who sides with Axl is a nutswinger? What does that make the idiots who constantly bitch and whine about everything the guy does?

The only thing worse than nutswingers are the ignorant fucks who blame everything on the guy.

Axl has the rights to the name. If the other guys wanted to retain those rights they should have fought harder. They didn't. He won. End of fucking story. The band was never Guns N' Slash or Slash N' Roses anyway. I miss Slash but he CHOSE to leave, and then CHOSE the breeze to work with that is Weiland, because Axl was too hard to get along with :rofl-lol:. In any case, both Axl and Slash now how relatively successful bands going. I'd say both have moved on at this point.

Nough said.

I think someone would disagree..

Loder: What prevented you from doing, like, a traditional rock record?

Rose: Slash.

Loder: [Laughs] But you could have found another guitar player or something, right?

Rose: Well, not really.. Not to make a true Guns record.

Rose: The bottom line is that nothing can come between Slash and I, and as long as we have that bond we have Guns N’ Roses.

-Kickingthehabit

Lo and behold I keep reading the thread and yet another joke of a response, from the same guy. Deniro, let me suggest a site to you: Metal Sludge. You'll fit right in with the lame-ass, haven't-shaved-their-mullets-since-the-80s, living in the past fucktard crowd.

So anyone who likes this band doesn't know what GNR was? I was a fan of this band since AFD. Like everyone else I waited through Lies, then for the new album (UYI), saw T2 come out, the YCBM/Civil War release, the lineups overnight waiting for the new discs, the tour, then TSI, and finally the whimper that was Sympathy for the Devil, when everyone else was on about NIN. But cuz I don't agree with you, I don't know what GNR was. Right.

Piss off. And I'm saying that with a smile. You're seriously a joke.

It's pitiful being a GNR fan when your in this forum. 90% of the people in here think Axl can do no wrong and masterbait to him religiously. Then you get your panties in a bunch if someone says he sucks. I'll say my fav sport teams suck when I disagree with what they do, but you people sound half homo half the time with all your Axl can do no wrong shit. Fuck arguing is the best part, and btw your not a Guns fan if you trash any members of the classic lineup. Thats all the GNR we have so fuck off. AXL SLASH DUFF IZZY and STEVEN made the greatest RNR record of all time.