Nightrain (Comparison '06, '01, '92) from Youtube...

chitownfan

they should have put it in the opposite order with 01 starting first but whatever.

whats really funny is that i remember joining these boards under a different name around 02 when they toured the states and i remember seeing so many people on here including some of the mods, whose names i wont mention(you know who you are), defending axls voice and stating that it sounded great and that there wasnt that much of a difference. well heres the proof and oh my god he sounded like complete shit on that last tour lol. he still doesnt sound like he used to but hes older so you cant expect him too but congrats to him for getting his voice in much better shape this time around.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never understood what the "H" in "IMHO" stands for.... :unsure:

"Honest"

Here's my honest opinion - nothing in '06 has touched a '92 Nightrain performance. The video just sounds fuller because of the two extra guitarists and keyboard players. '92 required a lot more skill from the band.

Having said that, Nightrain from Rock AM Ring did sound very, very good.

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Nov 26 2006, 08:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In my honest opinion. I think anyways. Im not with the lingo of this younger crowd...

yep

"Honest"

Here's my honest opinion - nothing in '06 has touched a '92 Nightrain performance. The video just sounds fuller because of the two extra guitarists and keyboard players. '92 required a lot more skill from the band.

Dont forget the new improved shredding solo rock1

"Honest"

I don't consider that solo to be an improvement.

Edited by highvoltage

I think the '02 nightrain would have been the best. I mean, Pukkelpop and Boston blow me away every time. But out of these I'd say the '06 version is proably the best.

boston02'>rir01'

should ahve shown BUckets solo part on the 01' clip tough..

Edited by Chris Axl

I think the '02 nightrain would have been the best. I mean, Pukkelpop and Boston blow me away every time. But out of these I'd say the '06 version is proably the best.

boston02'>rir01'

And another thing that bothers me is that the dude who made the vid dident take a very cool part of the song on rir 01'. He should have take the solo

Yes, that's true.

And I also think Rio '01 wasn't that good of a performance. As I said, if he had taken one of the '02 nightrains I would probably chose it. I think Axl's "helium voice" sounded really cool on nightrain and I mean, Buckethead's outro is just ingenious. ;)

boston02'>rir01'

And another thing that bothers me is that the dude who made the vid dident take a very cool part of the song on rir 01'. He should have take the solo

Yes, that's true.

And I also think Rio '01 wasn't that good of a performance. As I said, if he had taken one of the '02 nightrains I would probably chose it. I think Axl's hige pitched sounded really cool on nightrain and I mean, Buckethead's outro is just ingenious. ;)

I agree

boston02'>rir01'

Yes, that's true.

And I also think Rio '01 wasn't that good of a performance. As I said, if he had taken one of the '02 nightrains I would probably chose it. I think Axl's "helium voice" sounded really cool on nightrain and I mean, Buckethead's outro is just ingenious. ;)

Any GNr song Bucket tounched, he improved. Nightrain is unreal IMO, one of the best solos I have ever heard...

"Honest"

I don't consider that solo to be an improvement.

I feel the same way, the '06 performance sounds fuller because of all the instruments. The old band didn't have three guitarists, a keyboard player, a synth player, and massive pyrotechnics and so on and so forth. If you stripped away all the instruments on the '06 version, Axl's voice wouldn't compare to '92.

That's my opinion. I still think the Rock Am Ring concert was great.

can't improve perfection.

I know, I bet no one can make the Nightrain solo as perfect as Buckethead did with it :)

If all you guys care about is soloing fast, then it's no wonder you think Bumblefoot and Buckethead are the best.

I really like Buckethead, but I don't think he improved the Nightrain solo. He turned it into a shred-fest.

Edited by Estranged Reality