Nightrain (Comparison '06, '01, '92) from Youtube...

chitownfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can't improve perfection.

I always thought the Appetite nightrain was perfection, but when I heard Buckethead's version, I had to say, the original wasn't perfection. Nightrain with Slash on Appetite is still the best song ever recorded on an album, but Buckethead still did improve it. He made this song out of this world.

But maybe it's good Buckethead didn't play on Appetite. The original nightrain gave me like a million orgasms, so I don't want to know what would have happened if Buckethead would have played on Appetite. I think our minds wouldn't have been ready to understand this ingenious music. :orock3

I always thought the Appetite nightrain was perfection, but when I heard Buckethead's version, I had to say, the original wasn't perfection. Nightrain with Slash on Appetite is still the best song ever recorded on an album, but Buckethead still did improve it. He made this song out of this world.

But maybe it's good Buckethead didn't play on Appetite. The original nightrain gave me like a million orgasms, so I don't want to know what would have happened if Buckethead would have played on Appetite. I think our minds wouldn't have been ready to understand this ingenious music. :orock3

the only problem is that it fades out at the end <_<

shockingly, not all feel the same way...

Sure. It's easy to recreate a "full" sound when you have 4 guitarists and 2 keyboard players up on stage as opposed to 2 guitarists and 1 keyboard player. Also, when there's that much noise going on, if you make a mistake, nobody in the audience is going to notice because they can't hear individual guitarists properly.

For me "less is more", especially in cases like this. Anyone can chuck a whole heap of guitarists on stage and create a "wall" of noise - it's not hard... but when it's just one (or two in this case) guitarist creating the sound, a lot more skill is required and I find it more impressive to watch.

Plus you can actually hear what they're doing. There's not a single video I can find where I can make out what Izzy is doing up there in any of the songs he guests on.

his voice has nothing to do with the "wall of sound hes creating with guitars"

Edited by maherhar102502

It's impressive that Axl could regain his voice like that for '06, but the edge for me goes to '92. Both are great in their own right, and '01 shouldn't even be up there. That was awful. Nothing is redeeming to me about that performance at all. It looks more like Cirque Du Soleil than GNR.

Yeah, that might be.

But I think the problem is, most people don't give Buckethead a chance. They go like: "ah he's stupid" and they know what they think of him even before they have listened to a song of him.

And I mean, watch this (or even better, download the soundboard, which rocks even more) and tell me, this isn't a really fuckin' nice solo.

Yeah, that might be.

But I think the problem is, most people don't give Buckethead a chance. They go like: "ah he's stupid" and they know what they think of him even before they have listened to a song of him.

And I mean, watch this (or even better, download the soundboard, which rocks even more) and tell me, this isn't a really fuckin' nice solo.

I never said it's not a nice solo. Definitely better than Ron's wank-fest.

But you can't sit there and tell me straight up, that only people that haven't heard Buckethead, or that made their minds up about him before hearing him, are the ones that don't prefer his solo.

His playing does not cause instant orgasms in every single pair of ears that it reaches.

Yeah, that might be.

I never said it's not a nice solo. Definitely better than Ron's wank-fest.

But you can't sit there and tell me straight up, that only people that haven't heard Buckethead, or that made their minds up about him before hearing him, are the ones that don't prefer his solo.

His playing does not cause instant orgasms in every single pair of ears that it reaches.

I didn't say all the people have don't like Buckethead haven't heard anything from him. I said most people, and I guess this is true. Some people just seem to dislike Buckethead, because it's cool to bash him.

I enjoyed Rio, even if the Sound was slightly botched...

RIR 01' is one of their best shows IMO

He sounded great on the new songs, and I liked the energy of the band. To be totally honest I enjoy watching RIR3 more than RIR5, Axl was so energetic at Rio3 despite his appearance and shoddy vocals on the older songs. He nailed The Blues, it was beautiful!