Axl/Christianity

AndyBandy

personally im a atheist. i don't really care about Axl's religion, he can wear a cross for any reason he wishes. it fits his image, shit, if it fit my image id wear one.

I'm sorry, but thats just shallow, and I don't think Axl is like that!

I think you want someone to step in and give you another answer here, but that's not going to happen. If you look at the material already available, you'll see what he's said about this.

I don't think anyone's saying Axl's "shallow" or "underestimating" Axl. By all accounts--HIS OWN WORDS in print and television interviews, he's said that he is NOT into religion. If he's into New Age philosophies, there's another strong piece of evidence against his embracing Christianity. Also, frankly most performers who are strongly religious make a point of saying so--he hasn't.

It's his personal preference. Just because he's wearing a cross doesn't mean it's some deep religious statement, leave it at that. Also, who cares what his religious preferences are? As long as he rocks, he can worship the Care Bears for all it matters...

Being a Christian and being religious are 2 different things. He seems to not be religious, as in organized religion, bad taste on that with it's hypocritical aspects. Is he Christian? Who knows, and what he was in the 90's has nothing to do with Axl 06.

His house is filled with crosses, but again could mean nothing other than he thinks they are cool. He has spiders too, maybe he worships them equally.

On a similar note I saw a morph here where he turns into Christ, didn't like it much, bad taste to imply such things.

Peace

Edited by axlskAmpf

personally im a atheist. i don't really care about Axl's religion, he can wear a cross for any reason he wishes. it fits his image, shit, if it fit my image id wear one.

I'm sorry, but thats just shallow, and I don't think Axl is like that!

Why? Christianity used the cross symbol like thousands of religions before it.. They brought nothing new and invented nothing unseen. For Axl it could have a totally different meaning that you people think.

cross symbol

the basic shape of a cross, has since prehistoric times

been employed in almost every culture throughout the

world and all the roughly similar shapes of cross

symbols have wildly different meanings.

the cross variously symbolised health, fertility, life,

immortality, the union of heaven and earth, spirit and

matter, the sun, the stars... it is seen a world centre and

a cosmic axis, the cross represents the human form,

with its four cardinal points it can be mapped to fourfold

systems: the four directions: north, south, east, and west;

the 4 seasons; the four elements; the four winds...

christianity

the cross had symbolic meaning before it assumed

its christians connotations.

it has been employed as a sacred, protective,

or decorative emblem in almost every culture

throughout the world.

it has been found in china and africa,

it appears on bronze age stones in scandinavia ;

in ancient greece; in pre-columbian america,

and in the euphrates-tigris region around 1500 B.C.

the origin of the word ‘cross’ is the latin word ‘crux’,

from the verb cruciare, meaning to torture.

when the successful new ideology of christianity began to

spread, the worship of suffering also spread...

and the promoters of apostles had the honor of having

a torture rack named after them (like the cross of st. peter,

the cross of st. andrew, the cross of st. phillip, etc.).

no need to thank me.

the origin of the word ‘cross’ is the latin word ‘crux’,

from the verb cruciare, meaning to torture."

I think you are missing the point of the Cross in Christianity. It isn't just a ripped off symbol from the "thousands" of previous religions or cultures that used a cross in some form or another. Next to the Ressurection of Christ, it is the most significant event in Christianity, and, even the world I might add. Whether you believe in Christ or not, there is no doubt the Crucifixion has changed the history of the world.

Your quote, though, you don't cite anything, "the origin of the word ‘cross’ is the latin word ‘crux’,

from the verb cruciare, meaning to torture," says it all. Crux-->Crucify-->Crucifixion.....torture.

The Crucifixion is among the central doctorines of the Christian faith. It is where sin and death were defeated, it is where Satan is defeated. It is where man is reconciled to God through Christ. Christ bore all the sin of all the history of the world on the Cross. Though He is innocent, He took God's wrath for the sins we have commited upon Himself--He took our place. The wage of sin is death and we are all cursed by it for we have all sinned. But in Christ, the curse is lifted for all of those who repent and place their faith in Him.

The Cross in Christianity has nothing in common with any of the other purposes you mentioned.

Not sure what Axl likes about it, but judging from the Estranged video with the huge Cross with Jesus hanging on it, I would suppose it is the Cross of Christ. Not to mention he grew up in a Pentacostal Church, hypocrytical as it was. The Pentacostal Chruch isn't really lumped with more traditional demonitations and they do take a sort of wacky approach in how they interperate the Bible, such as speaking in tongues as the key evidence that you have the Holy Spirit in you. That is not Biblical at all.

But it's tough to just erase from your mind the things that have been imbedded in you from birth. Axl's life is very convoluted and he is probably like most people appear to be, they mix all of what they've been taught growing up, their adult experience, and what sounds cool to them and blend it into a personal world view of sorts.

It's not difficult to believe in a god, or the God, and still not endorse any particular religion. Any true disciple of any religion would tell you their faith is not mere religion. Otherwise you would be placing your faith in man and not in the god of that "religion."

OK, I'm not sure whether or not you're getting my angle here. I'm not saying he is christian because of the cross, and all the other crucifixes. I'm saying he must feel something about it. Knowing his upbringing and general past with the religion, I don't think he would be careless about it.

OK, I'm not sure whether or not you're getting my angle here. I'm not saying he is christian because of the cross, and all the other crucifixes. I'm saying he must feel something about it. Knowing his upbringing and general past with the religion, I don't think he would be careless about it.

I agree with you.

Ive said this befor, on anougher post.

i gues its time for it again..

"Now, im thinking that God, he wants this Band to happen" A.R

This was said, about new GNR couple of years ago...

its obvious he belives there IS a God, what he thinks of God in detail..christian ,ect,

we'l never know..

ask him!

(its kind of HIS buisnes aswell, not ours)