nirvana ripped off white lion

some guy

its true. listen to nirvana's 'heart shaped box', "hey...wait i need a new complaint. now listen to white lion's wait, "wait...wait i never had a chance to love you. see theyre a little similar. isnt that ironic, white lion are a band that nirvana would have hated

since we're on the subject gwen stefani ripped off the "tick tock" bit in 'what u waitin for' from metallica's 'frantic'

theres only so many variations u can apply to the three chord formula until ur repeating somethin thats been done i.e.

hello i love u - the doors = submission - sex pistols

johnny thunders famously got on a table during a gig once n asked people to shout out names of his songs so he could tell em where he ripped em off from.

nirvana appropriated More Than A Feeling as well. And a Killing Joke riff on Come AS U R. Oasis do that a lot too. Beatles stole everything from Chuck Berry and that other one Little Richard. Wagner has been influenctial as well. fuck my spelling has gone to shit, innit.

nirvana appropriated More Than A Feeling as well. And a Killing Joke riff on Come AS U R. Oasis do that a lot too. Beatles stole everything from Chuck Berry and that other one Little Richard. Wagner has been influenctial as well. fuck my spelling has gone to shit, innit.

the beatles comment isnt quite accurate. they were very influenced by his work tho, i agree. shit, they covered his stuff enough.

its true. listen to nirvana's 'heart shaped box', "hey...wait i need a new complaint. now listen to white lion's wait, "wait...wait i never had a chance to love you. see theyre a little similar

The line is "hey, wait...I've got a new complaint" and the comparison is silly, IMO. Nirvana ripped off great bands like the Pixies and Husker Du, not shite like WL.

the beatles comment isnt quite accurate. they were very influenced by his work tho, i agree. shit, they covered his stuff enough.

"Isn't quite accurate" is an understatement. They were influenced by Chuck at the beginning, but listen to any of their later releases ('Revolver' for arguments sake) and tell me how much Chuck you hear. LOL! The Beatles were more influenced by Eastern Philosophy and LSD than Chuck Berry.

Edited by Ions

The intro from "It's so easy" is stolen from a Sex Pistols song called "Liar".

Who cares ? :)

1. It's So Easy (Outro) - Combination (Chorus) - (Aerosmith - Rocks)

2. Paradise City (Verses) - Zero The Hero (Verses) - (Black Sabbath)

3. Locomotive (Verses) - Lord Of The Thighs (Outro) - (Aerosmith) - (Rocket Queen also has LOTT all over it)

4. SCOM (Ending) - Sounds much like - I'd Love To Change The World - (Ten Years After)

5. 'Get In The Ring' sounds a ton like 'Already Gone' by The Eagles, which I've always found hilarious.

The list goes on and on. Not just for GnR, but all music. It's nothing new. Influences.

Edited by Ions

"I guess I'm talking about early Beatles. They were a cover band on speed. Early hits Love me do, the fast pops songs Chuck Berry. Lennon said this. Elvis and Chuck Berry. It's not a direct copy but some chords are very similiar on With The Beatles.

Revolver was something else, something new. Tommorrow Never Knows has first drum loop ever. No band before them had the freedom to experiment in studio. Its unbelieveable. And with all the technology we have today the record companies just want Love Me Do with attitude.

The funniest one I ever heard was Travis guy said he wrote whole album by rearranging the chords on Oasis' Wonderwall for The Man Who album.

"I guess I'm talking about early Beatles. They were a cover band on speed. Early hits Love me do, the fast pops songs Chuck Berry. Lennon said this. Elvis and Chuck Berry. It's not a direct copy but some chords are very similiar on With The Beatles.

Revolver was something else, something new. Tommorrow Never Knows has first drum loop ever. No band before them had the freedom to experiment in studio. Its unbelieveable. And with all the technology we have today the record companies just want Love Me Do with attitude.

The funniest one I ever heard was Travis guy said he wrote whole album by rearranging the chords on Oasis' Wonderwall for The Man Who album.

LOL! Interesting. I'd never heard that. I like 'Travis'. - :) - If you like bands like 'Travis', you should definately check out 'Elbow'. Great band.

Edited by Ions

theres only so many variations u can apply to the three chord formula until ur repeating somethin thats been done i.e.

hello i love u - the doors = submission - sex pistols

johnny thunders famously got on a table during a gig once n asked people to shout out names of his songs so he could tell em where he ripped em off from.

Hello I Love You (The Doors) = All Day And All Of The Night (The Kinks)