Video of 2006 tour?

insomniac

I was wondering that myself. I would love to have a video of what I have already paid to see- ya know? :)

Anybody.....anybody.....?

Thanks !

Wouldnt it make sense to release every concert on cd/dvd ? Shit already paid through the nose for my show tickets, and it was so good I would love to have a copy. And it wouldnt hurt ticket sales cause I cant think of anyone who would rather by a cd of the local show than see it LIVE.

Guest Edward Rose
Every show is taped professionally. Always have been since the '90s. The cameraman at Hammerstein said a DVD was going to be released this year, but as you can see, that never happened.

There was a time when movie companies resisted "going to video" with certain movies so soon after theaters. And some of them lost money because they waited too long. Now things are different.

There was a time when idiot fucking record companies (2000) refused to organize their music into mp3's and sell them online. So they lost UNTOLD amounts of money, and in my oppinion, deserved to lose every dollar.

As technology evolves and music mediums of the past become cheaper, those who lead the way will come out on top. I say that because this is the reason why I think a dvd will be inside of ChinDem. I also think that other artists will follow the lead.

Edited by Edward Rose

There was a time when movie companies resisted "going to video" with certain movies so soon after theaters. And some of them lost money because they waited too long. Now things are different.

Where'd you get this from?

There was a time when idiot fucking record companies (2000) refused to organize their music into mp3's and sell them online. So they lost UNTOLD amounts of money, and in my oppinion, deserved to lose every dollar.

There wasn't a market for it back then. iPods weren't around. MP3s were therefore not as popular as today. If they had released MP3s back then, they would have lost more money, because people would just have illegally downloaded them from Napster anyway. Your point is?

As technology evolves and music mediums of the past become cheaper, those who lead the way will come out on top. I say that because this is the reason why I think a dvd will be inside of ChinDem. I also think that other artists will follow the lead.

1) Many bands already release DVDs with their albums. Josh Groban just did. And let's not forget DualDisc, which has DVD content. GN'R would NOT be the first band to do this.

2) I don't think there will be a DVD with CD. It certainly will not be a DualDisc (thank God) because it's being released through Universal, and when/if they release this thing this year (or next year), they wouldn't include a DVD with the standard discs. I'd like to see a Special Edition, but judging by how GN'R treats its fans, I can't see this happening. Axl probably thinks he's doing us a great favor just by releasing the album and be flabbergasted at the suggestion of including bonus material. ;) I just hope there are liner notes.

Guest Edward Rose

I dreamed it up. Feel better?

There wasn't a market for it back then. iPods weren't around. MP3s were therefore not as popular as today. If they had released MP3s back then, they would have lost more money, because people would just have illegally downloaded them from Napster anyway. Your point is?

Okay.

1) Many bands already release DVDs with their albums. Josh Groban just did. And let's not forget DualDisc, which has DVD content. GN'R would NOT be the first band to do this.

Can you mention one MAJOR artist who has released a two-disk album, with one disk being a full-length audio album cd and the other disk being a full length concert dvd... and the whole package being a NEW RELEASE and still costing the same as the average new artist "new album"? (not some shitty, re-packaged old stuff)

Edited by Edward Rose

Can you mention one MAJOR artist who has released a two-disk album, with one disk being a full-length audio album cd and the other disk being a full length concert dvd... and the whole package being a NEW RELEASE and still costing the same as the average new artist "new album"? (not some shitty, re-packaged old stuff)

certainly not full length concert but u2 and iron maiden have both released a bonus material dvd with their albums. This is the future of people buying albums. It won't be long before bands catch on to this and release full length concerts with the new albums. They can get alot more money this way aswell.

Guest Edward Rose
Beck

What was the name of the album? How much did it cost?

This is the future of people buying albums. It won't be long before bands catch on to this and release full length concerts with the new albums. They can get alot more money this way aswell.

I think if Guns does it though, it will cost the same as a single-disk new album. That's the only way to do something "new" as I suggested. And it also encourages people to buy it instead of downloading it.

Edited by Edward Rose

No, because Universal will never approve this. GN'R do not rule the world, and they certainly do not rule Geffen. There are standards to be met. You may think Axl can "change this" or "do whatever he wants," but that's not how it works. They will never market a two-disc as a standard edition. A full-length DVD would push the price up. They'd never market one for the same price as a standard CD.

You may think I'm wrong. We'll see when the album comes out, I suppose.

I dreamed it up. Feel better?

Okay.

Well, Iron Maiden did a special edition of their new album with a DVD. It wasn't a concert, but it had a fairly long, and very good documentary on the writing and recording of the album, the promo video for The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg, studio footage of Different World and a photo gallery.

Face it, bands would lose money terribly if they put full concert DVD's in with their albums.

Guest Edward Rose

No, because Universal will never approve this. GN'R do not rule the world, and they certainly do not rule Geffen. There are standards to be met. You may think Axl can "change this" or "do whatever he wants," but that's not how it works. They will never market a two-disc as a standard edition. A full-length DVD would push the price up. They'd never market one for the same price as a standard CD.

You may think I'm wrong. We'll see when the album comes out, I suppose.

How about this?

"They would never sell individual mp3's... imagine how much money they would 'lose.'"

That's why I said above about being the first to do it. You don't sit in those ivory towers where record company exec's meet. You don't know the number in dollars of how much might be lost from downloading, compared to what would be gained if they give us a really good reason to buy it. Corporate decisions are all about loss and gain. Sure they would lose money from including a dvd with a regular new release at the same price.

But how much does the dvd REALLY cost? The reality is, it's only the cost of printing the dvd plus a bit more. And if it'll save MILLIONS from downloading, then there you go... why not sacrifice the money paid to the camera men and production guys to save more in the end?

But this is all just an idea. You jump all over it like it's the end of the frigin' world or like I'm spreading a rumor. SCIENCE CHRIST!

"Simma dan na." Donna Summer backwards.... summa, do-na

collette.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose