Even if the CD came out tomoro

G'n'R = GoDs

i like everyone here love GnR and will be the 1st one in line to get CD but to todays standards it probley will fail. Look at some of the biggest bands out right now Greenday, Panic! at the disco, etc they are a big part of the music sceane today and they still dont sell out big. i think everyone is so caught up in the hip hop R&B sceane that MOST people dont give a damn about a great ass kicking rock and roll album, Not to mention a rock n roll band from the late 80's. I personally would love to see GnR release the album and be the biggest thing on earth again but realisticly can it happend. Music sure as hell aint what it used to be and i think it sucks...

Your Thoughts

There's still real fans out there and not everyone likes the lame ass music some bands are playing right now Axl sing from the heart and it doesnt matter if theirs new members in the band its still kick ass music and there will always be true fans listening to there music no matter what

It will be a great album, if it came out tomorrow it would sell millions of copies across the globe. Easily paying back the record companies etc...... many times over.

Simple as that.

With no promo, no album, mno single etc, this band can still sell out major venues, and tour to 700,000 people in europe - it will be a success.

Because of the delay the album will fail no matter when they release it now.

I 'm pretty sure that the release of this album will become a big deal after this delay and therefore even if it won't be promoted adequately before that day, it will be advertised very much the day of it's release by the media.

On the other side it is pretty sure that because of this delay the critics may judge it harshly. I mean it's really easy for some people to say "so many years for this crap?" even if the album is a masterpiece. The expectations grow by time so do the demands.

it will flop big time

as GOAB stated' its the longest running joke in the music industry, it really must be a bad album if it aint better than the other shit thats out there today,why else wouldn't it be released?

Edited by lawrence

I think it's really impossible to know. If the band had made a big splash earlier this year -- seemingly out of nowhere -- and announced tour dates, played NYC, and then released CD, the aura of the album's mythic delay would have worked to their advantage and added to the mystique. Now they've just pissed off everybody -- let's face it, this isn't fun, even for the media to speculate on anymore -- and the album coming out, even in January, will be a ho-hum afterthought.

That said, it always is about the songs. If the music and songs are amazing, it will do well. (And I don't simply mean "Use Your Illusion" good, I'm talking "Pet Sounds" or "Abbey Road"-level amazing). If the record is simply average, or more of what we've already heard, however, it will be a colossal failure -- because unfortuantely Axl has set himself up as someone that people want to see fail now.

As shitty as it is, that is the truth. Which may be the very reason why he's never released it in the first place.

Edited by GabrielsChains