The album must be done

Estranged Reality

Axl supposedly played the album at the nightclub in NYC months and months ago, remember? That means he has a full album he's been carrying around that was completed back then. And Baz told Rolling Stone that Axl had a listening party after the KROQ show.

Some people have been wondering whether the album still isn't completed, but then why would Baz lie about the album being played?

Surely it must be done. I just don't understand this at all. The album is completed, people have heard it, they loved it, the band has been getting loads of attention from outlets like Rolling Stone, they've had a successful tour, they had hype built up...and Axl is killing it. No album this year doesn't just suck for us GN'R fans - it's going to suck for everyone. Axl will lose more credibility and do you think Rolling Stone is going to keep hyping release dates if Axl decides to postpone the release every time? Soon they're not even going to bother, they'll purposely not report on Democracy.

i love axl rose even more now thinking about it. he's walkin around with an album that at least thousands of people have been waiting for for over a decade n he's still not releasin it. what a bastard :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: im sorry but im startin to see the funny side, fuck it axl make em sweat, give em another ten years, it aint quite time yet :rofl-lol:

Why do people assume that Axl is delaying the album?

Perhaps it's something to do with the record label, or Merck leaving Sanctuary, we just don't know.

Until we get some kind of official announcement, i suggest we say nothing.

Hey, the voice of reason! I thought we were a rare breed:)

I doubt it or the whole tracklist would of leaked. Someone has to have automatic rip set on there WM Player out there in hollyworld. :P

no, im sure universal have the master..

And to the guy right above me, Yes, I remember someone meeting bumblefoot and him saying that the sanctuary issue might delay the album(hollywoodrose I believe)

I think its legalities delaying this..

all i want is for someone to come out and say something. if it's legal issues, it's legal issues. they had no problem telling us why they couldn't play portland - whether or not it's true is a different topic and has been beaten to death - but it was SOMETHING.

i really don't think it's axl at all, but i wish either he or merck would take some charge and tell us what the fuck is up.

Um - Nobody knows why the album is being delayed or who is primarily responsible for the delay. - :sleeper:

EDIT:

It would be amusing if Axl changed the name of the band to 'Chinese Democracy' and the name of the album to 'Catcher In The Rye'. - :book:

Edited by Ions

The album was done, but didn't they re-record parts with Ron and Frank?

Anyway, RS will still report on what's going on, CD and Axl will always be news and they know people are curious. They always get their little digs in anyway.

knowing by the way that he tried getting slash/duff out the picture with the whole legal issues.etc, i wouldnt be suprised if he is rerecording alot of the album because he doesnt want buckethead to get a cent out of it, and yeah

Didn't Dizzy say something like 'It's out of our hands now' when being asked about CD's release a couple of weeks ago?

I recall reading something like that...

Really?? enlighten me on this?? I havent heard it...

I have heard that before as well, but unfortunately i'm not willing to brows threw the hudreds of topics since then. I'm sure he was quoted saying something like that though, or at least someone from the camp was.

A8R

Why do people assume that Axl is delaying the album?

Perhaps it's something to do with the record label, or Merck leaving Sanctuary, we just don't know.

Until we get some kind of official announcement, i suggest we say nothing.

Axl is so vocal, if someone else were holding up the release against his wishes you would think we would have heard about it in a rant. but what have we heard... nothing. so i'm guessing it's Axl that is delaying the release

Didn't Dizzy say something like 'It's out of our hands now' when being asked about CD's release a couple of weeks ago?

I recall reading something like that...

Really?? enlighten me on this?? I havent heard it...

I have heard that before as well, but unfortunately i'm not willing to brows threw the hudreds of topics since then. I'm sure he was quoted saying something like that though, or at least someone from the camp was.

A8R

ah, Cool!