1984- Van Halen

adnan

If there's one album that can make you feel better in an instant, it's Van Halen's 1984. All nine tracks are classics. Van Halen's debut is the only other CD from their discography that even comes close to this.

The synth-packed opener 1984 goes into two of the most fun and memorable pop-rock songs ever recorded, the classics "Jump" & "Panama". "Top Jimmy" keeps you interested, but it's still the weakest track here, but as soon "Drop Dead Legs" starts playing, the album just races towards the excellent closer "House of Pain".

To call this anything other than absolutely spectacular would be erroneous. This may just be the greatest pop album ever recorded, a very emphasized 5/5.

If there's one album that can make you feel better in an instant, it's Van Halen's 1984. All nine tracks are classics. Van Halen's debut is the only other CD from their discography that even comes close to this.

The synth-packed opener 1984 goes into two of the most fun and memorable pop-rock songs ever recorded, the classics "Jump" & "Panama". "Top Jimmy" keeps you interested, but it's still the weakest track here, but as soon "Drop Dead Legs" starts playing, the album just races towards the excellent closer "House of Pain".

To call this anything other than absolutely spectacular would be erroneous. This may just be the greatest pop album ever recorded, a very emphasized 5/5.

I agree 110% :)

Great album. Interesting to note, "Jump" was written in 1980, but Dave suggested they wait a few years before the public hears Van Halen play a song with keyboards.

There are keyboards on "And The Cradle Will Rock," and on both Fair Warning and Diver Down. They just hadn't taken quite so prominent a roll before.

Isn't jump actually supposed to be about some guy DLR saw who was threatening to "Jump" of an appartment block, or something? Kinda makes you see it in a different light.

The guitar riff for Panama is powerful enough by its self. Its so simple but theres something about it I cant put my finger on, something that just makes it kick your ass.

But damn, thats a great album.

Agreed. The album is amazing.

Once again, 'Girl Gone Bad' is one song that deserves some much needed recognition. What a song.

great album. reminds me of being in 5th grade and just getting into rock.

the artfromtex 5th grade tape collection:

VH-1984

Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil & Too Fast For Love

Def Leppard - Pyromania

Quiet Riot - Metal Health

Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry

"Drop Dead Legs" was one of my favorites back then and it still is to this day. that first chord just grabs me.

Guest knerken

I was very disappointed when I got this album. I hade already heard Jump, Panama and Teacher, and I thought that the other songs were good too. They were not. Way too cheesy and anonymous. Conclusion: overrated album.