Why are we waiting?

Vincent Vega

If you're "waiting" (I hate that term because it creates the idea you're doing nothing else with your life until cd is out), feel free to stop at any time and leave. If this is a waste of time, go. Stop being like emo kids telling the whole world they're gonna slit their wrists without ever doing it.

Is it SO hard to understand that there is no "waiting". There is just doing what you normaly would and if CD drops along the line that's great. If you're sick of being here, go.

Agreed. All of these whinos say they've lost interest. Well, if that were the case, they wouldn't be posting here.

It's as simple as that. Nothing but drama queens... or people with absolutely no lives.

Remember, whinos, if you post here, YOU'RE INTERESTED ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!!

So shut up already. The violins and negative bandwagon crap has gotten old.

I can't take it anymore honestly. I read the boards and all I see are people trying to kill each other with words over what is supposed to be a fun Rock N Roll band. Music isn't supposed to make you angry.

Not to mention if you are LITERALLY waiting for CD and this actually takes up time you need to go out and get some sort of life.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're "waiting" (I hate that term because it creates the idea you're doing nothing else with your life until cd is out), feel free to stop at any time and leave. If this is a waste of time, go. Stop being like emo kids telling the whole world they're gonna slit their wrists without ever doing it.

Is it SO hard to understand that there is no "waiting". There is just doing what you normaly would and if CD drops along the line that's great. If you're sick of being here, go.

I just wanted to say that I feel that the album will never come out. I believe this now quite literally. I know that Axl has feelings that he must have miscalculated the timeing of this project terribly and the suspense has now bypassed us into a well...."who the fuck cares now anyway...." sort of disappointment. I don't know really what affect this album will have on the main stream rock and roll listening demographic of folks knowing that it took so long with so many false starts to get the fucking thing out. What is the best really that can be expected from this band at this point. It's just been way to long and it's not happening. When it does it'll be a blip on the screen...nothing stellar...."So this took 14 years to make???" kind of deal. And what will that mean to you as a GnR fan when you have to wait another 14 years for a follow up album. It just seems illogical to me at his point. SORRY AXL BUT NO ALBUM IN 2006 MAY VERY WELL EQUAL YOUR UNDOING. I HOPE YUR OK WITH THAT. YOU'VE DISSAPOINTED A-LOT OF FANS.

Edited by welcometothespunkle

totally agree with that, interest is fading fast
Definitely. The mystery of CD is dead. There used to be all this excitement, anticipation,etc. There isn't anymore. Axl overplayed his hand. People are starting to realize what a farce this whole thing is. Now there are hardcore fans saying they will download the album instead of buying it if it ever comes out. Those numbers are increasing daily. Axl needs to make a statement to his online fans before the situation spirals out of control.

Who said its a "waste of time"? Who said they are sick of being here? This is a fucking website for fans. The fanbase is standing knee deep in bullshit at the moment, and they are gonna vent a little frustration. You can swing from Axl's nuts for as long as you want to, but dont insult peoples intelligence while doing so, or act like you are taking the high road. If/when madison ever gives you access to the ban button, then you can delete/remove people or opinions you dont like. Until then, just ignore people who dont think everything is peaches and cream.

its okay everyone of those people who have lost interest on this forum can go away, if the album comes out, it will still be great, cause as long as I get it, its a classic.

Axl wouldnt release shit, and judging by the songs I have heard so far, it is gonna be great rock1

Edited by Gunzen

This is a community where I can talk about the old (real) line-up, Velvet Revolver, and all sorts of other shit.

My interest in Chinese Democracy these days is limited to observing the amusing way Axl has painted himself into a corner with his promise of an '06 release. It's hilarious, and getting better by the day.

But genuine excitement or anticipation about Axl Rose and his mystery album? Nah, very little. And that's kinda sad, because you'll never know how excited I was when he re-emerged at the Korn launch party, or that first Rolling Stone article, or the lead-up to the first concert, or even that fucking Harley advert.

And he pissed it all away.

If this is a nostalgic cash-grab tour, I just wish he'd be honest about it. At least that way, people can set their expectations accordingly.

Who said its a "waste of time"? Who said they are sick of being here? This is a fucking website for fans. The fanbase is standing knee deep in bullshit at the moment, and they are gonna vent a little frustration. You can swing from Axl's nuts for as long as you want to, but dont insult peoples intelligence while doing so, or act like you are taking the high road. If/when madison ever gives you access to the ban button, then you can delete/remove people or opinions you dont like. Until then, just ignore people who dont think everything is peaches and cream.

I don't WANT access to that. Nor do I want to delete opinion I don't like. I'm just giving MY opinion as well. And with that I'm trying to sort out the difference between complete pointless senseless bitching (aka 90% of the news section today) and good arguements. Who said it's wasting time? Look around. A lot of people say it every day.

Then say that. Just make your points, and respond to people who offer valid points to this situation, whether its good or bad. if you respond to the shit posts, guess what?? More shit posts are gonna come.
This is a community where I can talk about the old (real) line-up, Velvet Revolver, and all sorts of other shit.

My interest in Chinese Democracy these days is limited to observing the amusing way Axl has painted himself into a corner with his promise of an '06 release. It's hilarious, and getting better by the day.

But genuine excitement or anticipation about Axl Rose and his mystery album? Nah, very little. And that's kinda sad, because you'll never know how excited I was when he re-emerged at the Korn launch party, or that first Rolling Stone article, or the lead-up to the first concert, or even that fucking Harley advert.

If this is a nostalgic cash-grab tour, I just wish he'd be honest about it. At least that way, people can set their expectations accordingly.

Excellent points. Actually, one of the best posts I've seen here. I'd rather see honesty any day then a bunch of false optimism.

I agree 100%. If its nostalgia, promote it as that. Dont say its the CD tour and the album is coming out soon, and then proceed to play 85% of AFD. Its fucking ridiculous. Funny thing is that a few years ago, Axl said GNR was moving forward, and he wanted to gradually bring the fans along with him. Thats hilarious. His fans WANT to move forward, but he doesnt. he prefers to live in the shadow of AFD and make money off of past glory. If this was any other band doing this I would die laughing.

At this point, other than a few new songs, its nothing more than Axl standing on stage with a bunch of hired hands with axl wishing he was still in 1987-91.

Axl is the only person from the AFD lineup that refuses to move on.

I don't WANT access to that. Nor do I want to delete opinion I don't like. I'm just giving MY opinion as well. And with that I'm trying to sort out the difference between complete pointless senseless bitching (aka 90% of the news section today) and good arguements. Who said it's wasting time? Look around. A lot of people say it every day.

Then say that. Just make your points, and respond to people who offer valid points to this situation, whether its good or bad. if you respond to the shit posts, guess what?? More shit posts are gonna come.

Excellent points. Actually, one of the best posts I've seen here. I'd rather see honesty any day then a bunch of false optimism.

I agree 100%. If its nostalgia, promote it as that. Dont say its the CD tour and the album is coming out soon, and then proceed to play 85% of AFD. Its fucking ridiculous. Funny thing is that a few years ago, Axl said GNR was moving forward, and he wanted to gradually bring the fans along with him. Thats hilarious. His fans WANT to move forward, but he doesnt. he prefers to live in the shadow of AFD and make money off of past glory. If this was any other band doing this I would die laughing.

At this point, other than a few new songs, its nothing more than Axl standing on stage with a bunch of hired hands with axl wishing he was still in 1987-91.

It really is starting to look like that more and more every day.

The sad thing is, there is really fresh stuff out there. Catcher was not a deliberate leak. Some people have speculated that IRS, TWAT, and Better were recorded specifically to get Internet hype going. But CITR was not supposed to be put on the Internet, and it's a brilliant song! It's lovely. There's stuff out there - I don't understand why he is so insecure about letting people hear it.

And before someone says it's not his fault - Geffen singled Axl out as the reason the album wasn't out in 2004. They released Greatest Hits because he refused to let them release it then. He wouldn't give them an album.

I just don't understand what the big deal is. He's got these songs, they're being received exceptionally by the fans, everyone is all hyped up.

Most other bands would NEVER achieve the level of success GN'R has this year if they had disappeared so long. It's a testament to their status and strength as a band that GN'R still has so many fans years later. But for each new tour Axl embarks on, and each new time he promises an album and fails to deliver, these people are going to grow more and more disillusioned. If he pulls this again next year, less people are going to be believing him. I think just about everyone - even the doubters - believed this was the year we'd finally get an album.

It's kind of like the boy crying wolf. You can only do it so many times before no one comes to save you anymore. And one day Axl really will get a firm release date for the album, but everyone is going to be so skeptical they won't even believe him.

He really should have taken advantage of the opportunities for promotion this year.

He really should have taken advantage of the opportunities for promotion this year.
That was the biggest mistake in the history of new GNR, and them not capitalizing on the buzz of the leaks basically proved the album wasn't coming out. The album shouldve been rushed into stores within weeks of the leaks. Hell, the entire fanbase was united, and the songs were getting rave reviews.

That whole post was great. But I'm really tired and didnt feel like quoting it all. :rofl-lol: That last sentence really stood out.

His fans WANT to move forward, but he doesnt. he prefers to live in the shadow of AFD and make money off of past glory. If this was any other band doing this I would die laughing.

That's true. Axl said several times that he wanted to bury AFD... It seems that he changed his mind...

Actually, Axl is even ruining the possibility of a Reunion Tour playing the old songs. If a reunion happens what will be the setlist ? AFD again ? :rolleyes:

Luckily, new gnr is not playing too many songs from UYI. At least those songs will be very appreciated if there is a reunion.

That's also why I respect VR a lot. They played their new songs from day one. That's honest. VR only covered a couple of GNR songs whereas Axl and his new band are covering around 15 GNR songs per show since 2001... :confused:

Edited by pepsicoca

His fans WANT to move forward, but he doesnt. he prefers to live in the shadow of AFD and make money off of past glory. If this was any other band doing this I would die laughing.

That's true. Axl said several times that he wanted to bury AFD... It seems that he changed his mind...

Actually, Axl is even ruining the possibility of a Reunion Tour playing the old songs. If a reunion happens what will be the setlist ? AFD again ? :rolleyes:

Luckily, new gnr is not playing too many songs from UYI. At least those songs will be very appreciated if there is a reunion.

That's also why I respect VR a lot. They played their new songs from day one. That's honest. VR only covered a couple of GNR songs whereas Axl and his new band are covering around 15 GNR songs per show since 2001... :confused:

What's truly funny is that a clip of VR playing the intro to WTTJ from one of their shows surfaced last year and tons of fans on HTGTH started acting like VR had absolutely no right to do this. They acted like it was sacrilege for VR to play thirty seconds of a song that two of their bandmembers helped write twenty years ago.

Excellent observation. You may have just hit on the reason why Axl isn't digging deep into the UYI material. If GNR were rotating a large amount of the GNR discography each night, it would make a reunion less appealing to fans and media alike. They would already be burnt out on the old shit from these periodic rehash tours.

its okay everyone of those people who have lost interest on this forum can go away, if the album comes out, it will still be great, cause as long as I get it, its a classic.

Axl wouldnt release shit, and judging by the songs I have heard so far, it is gonna be great rock1

Saying that U made me think of one phenomena. It´s funny how people count CD out based on the leaks they´ve heard and at the same time whining why Axl hasn´t releasd the shit. Why bitch and scream about something u don´t even want?

I think all leaks are great and some of them are mind blowing in my opinion. It is actually those leaks that keep me "waiting" for CD. I´m frustrated that the album isn´t released yet BECAUSE I love the leaks. But I don´t know the reasons why it´s delayed so I don´t charge anyone based on pure speculations subjected by some anger or frustration.

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater." - The man himself.

the big thing point, is that new GNR arent as young as they were in 2002! ..so this was the year to end all the jargon and final chance, finally release it, the songs we've heard are just ok ....nothing mind blowing except maybe "the blues" ....so personally i think they've SCREWED up big time

so your saying twat and citr and maddy are not mind blowing :o

the big thing point, is that new GNR arent as young as they were in 2002! ..so this was the year to end all the jargon and final chance, finally release it, the songs we've heard are just ok ....nothing mind blowing except maybe "the blues" ....so personally i think they've SCREWED up big time

so your saying twat and citr and maddy are not mind blowing :o

Mindblowing? Nope.