Why are we waiting?

Vincent Vega

A lot of my excitement has deflated considerably....yeah, there's still the month of December, but I'm starting to try and look back on all of these years of waiting and realize what a joke it really is. I mean, I've been coming here for years almost daily to look for updates or news. There's always some kind of rumor or tidbit that keeps that glimmer of hope. I went to the show in Columbus in 2002, thinking that things were finally happening. We heard a few new songs like The Blues and Madagascar and hope was alive. Then nothing. Now, you look at the similarities: A few new songs (Better,IRS, CITR, TWAT), a tour (just saw them in Cleveland), and this same mysterious bullshit. My friend went to the last two shows w/ me (02 & 06) and calls himself a fan, though he never goes on these forums or tries to find updates and news. He is what I'd say is a casual fan. I'm starting to envy his position, being that he at least doesn't waste his time like me grasping onto hope that a CD is on it's way and coming to a forum where this "new GNR" band is like a big fish in a little pond. Most people out there have no clue who Axl's backing band is. I personally like the musicians, but they are percieved as "Axl's backing band to the general (normal) public." Many ask, "is that Buckethead dude still in the band?" As much as I try and embrace all of this stuff, I find myself realizing that I miss Slash....and not Slash with Scott Weiland or whomever....I miss Slash and Axl together on stage. Sadly, the more time that passes, the more insignificant it would be, even if they re-united, regarding age etc.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater." - The man himself.

Wait, Axl said this? Elaborate please.

A lot of my excitement has deflated considerably....yeah, there's still the month of December, but I'm starting to try and look back on all of these years of waiting and realize what a joke it really is. I mean, I've been coming here for years almost daily to look for updates or news. There's always some kind of rumor or tidbit that keeps that glimmer of hope. I went to the show in Columbus in 2002, thinking that things were finally happening. We heard a few new songs like The Blues and Madagascar and hope was alive. Then nothing. Now, you look at the similarities: A few new songs (Better,IRS, CITR, TWAT), a tour (just saw them in Cleveland), and this same mysterious bullshit. My friend went to the last two shows w/ me (02 & 06) and calls himself a fan, though he never goes on these forums or tries to find updates and news. He is what I'd say is a casual fan. I'm starting to envy his position, being that he at least doesn't waste his time like me grasping onto hope that a CD is on it's way and coming to a forum where this "new GNR" band is like a big fish in a little pond. Most people out there have no clue who Axl's backing band is. I personally like the musicians, but they are percieved as "Axl's backing band to the general (normal) public." Many ask, "is that Buckethead dude still in the band?" As much as I try and embrace all of this stuff, I find myself realizing that I miss Slash....and not Slash with Scott Weiland or whomever....I miss Slash and Axl together on stage. Sadly, the more time that passes, the more insignificant it would be, even if they re-united, regarding age etc.

Right on brother!!!

"If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater." - The man himself.
Then he should keep his fucking mouth shut instead of him and his hired goons telling everyone its coming out year after year. If he would shut the fuck up about it, people would eventually move on.

Yes. And I find ironic that probably FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER the 2006 delay isn't Axl or management fault.

After the '02 fiasco, why burn THEIR LAST chance saying "CD will come out this year?".

KARMA.