If you say you are gonna be somewhere @ a cartain time but......

Gunzen

......your car breaks down, there is an accident, traffic, and you dont get there on time, are you then are you a liar? Sriously are you?

Sure you should have left earlier, but you can only leave so early.

Maybe Axl and Merck just "got in an accident" (metaphorically speaking) ? maybe they planned poorly? why are they just "liars and assholes"? For all we know there was a legit reason that things didnt work out, but it is personal or just not something they want to discuss with the public.

Have any of you ever not made a commitment that you agreed to in good faith and just didnt want to go into what happened?

It has happened to us all. And as long as Axl is not mailing in the shows, and keeps showing up with a good attitude I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if the tour ends and nothing happens...then....well whatever, I still saw three great shows and I will just move on.

That simple.

Edited by Gunzen

......your car breaks down, there is an accident, traffic, and you dont get there on time, are you then are you a liar? Sriously are you?

Maybe Axl and Merck just "got in an accident" (metaphorically speaking) ? maybe they planned poorly? why are they just "liars and assholes"? For all we know there was a legit reason that things didnt work out, but it is personal or just not something they want to discuss with the public.

Have any of you ever not made a commitment that you agreed to in good faith and just didnt want to go into what happened?

It has happened to us all. And al long as Axl is not mailing in the shows, and keeps showing up with a good attitude I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if the tour ends and nothing happens...then....well whatever, I stil saw three great shows and I will just move on.

That simple.

If my car broke down and wasn't fixed for 12 years I might start thinking about getting a new one. I hear the new Volkswagen's come with a custom 'First Act' guitar.

Edited by Ions

It has happened to us all. And as long as Axl is not mailing in the shows, and keeps showing up with a good attitude I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if the tour ends and nothing happens...then....well whatever, I still saw three great shows and I will just move on.

That simple.

well then you say 'im sorry for being late <insert real reason here>' you dont just say nothing and forget you promised thousands of people that youd be there.

ha and nice one Ions :)

Edited by FunkyMonk

It has happened to us all. And al long as Axl is not mailing in the shows, and keeps showing up with a good attitude I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

Now, if the tour ends and nothing happens...then....well whatever, I stil saw three great shows and I will just move on.

That simple.

If my car broke down and wasn't fixed for 12 years I might start thinking about getting a new one. I hear the new Volkswagen's come with a custom 'First Act' guitar.

hahah good one on the new car..

anyways, how can gunzen compare this to a car braking down? it just doesnt work

not their fault?, that in 12-13 years we get nothing but demos? ridiculous., great bands out there make a killer album in 2 years, look at audioslaves new one, fucking killer..

if 13years doesnt match upto audioslaves new one, ill be really dissapointed.

Look at "the merck statement"-thread. People don´t buy an excuse. So we shouldn´t ask for one.

People always complaining that we don´t get information, but appearently complain even more if the information not please you. Tell me why the hell Merck would tell us that the album won´t be out if that is the case, when people get more pissed of that then any information at all. If I was Merck I would shut up and don´t tell u a fucking thing.

Things have appearently went wrong. Think of it. Axl OR Merck would never have told us in first place that the album would be out if they were pretty sure of it. They know how pissed the fanbase would be if they couldn´t fulfill it. And that "Lie to make money on the tour"-argument have no substance at all. Axl have worked for CD in a decade so I don´t think short-term profits is their way to deal with things. And there are plenty of shows AFTER this year who they would risk to ruin totally if they will be highlighted as liers.

If he is about to make that kind of statement I think it´s pretty obvious that they have problems releasing it.

Problems with Universals. We had a rumor that the rec company had a huge release/promotion plan for CD. This is the last piece that makes this whole puzzle make sense. BUT this releasplan take more tima and delay the album. Axl and Merck wanted it out this year. Look at the TV inerview again. This is pure speculations, but I think Merck told Axl to say that the album would be out this year only to put pressure on the rec company. "Trust me Axl, do that and they can´t deny us", and an unsure Axl did that.

They havn´t done those baseless statements to lie to us, but to put pressure at the rec company to actaually get CD out this year.

Edited by shootingstar

That simple.

I'd call the person I was supposed to be meeting and explain. It's called manners.

That simple.

hahah good one on the new car..

anyways, how can gunzen compare this to a car braking down? it just doesnt work

not their fault?, that in 12-13 years we get nothing but demos? ridiculous., great bands out there make a killer album in 2 years, look at audioslaves new one, fucking killer..

if 13years doesnt match upto audioslaves new one, ill be really dissapointed.

I cannot believe you guys actually think I meant his car broke down. Are you kidding me? I was just giving a simple excuse of something that can happen that is out of your control. Since NONE of us have ever actually produced a record I couldnt use an exaple of that. My point was simple, shit happens, How can you guys not see that??? Are you that literal. No wonder Axl gets such a hard time. You guys cant even understand what an ANALOGY is , OMFG.

It sounds real funny to say "my his car broke down for for 13 years" but that is not the point, and if you wanna be specific, you can only criticize Axl etc for the time when he publically PROMISED the album would be out, not for when you douches think it should be out. Or from the time of his last album. For all you guys know, it was 5-6 years before he even thought about actually recording the tracks seriously. But all you guys do it just assume an album should come out every six moths like the other cookie cutter bands do it. If you think that is such a good idea, go look at Metallicas last 5 years of work. Damn, you guys who could not see the SIMPLE analogy need to stop, and try to do something called COMPREHEND and INTERPRET what you read and stop picking out sentences which mean nothing on their own. Taking shit out of context is probobly why you guys are so frustrated now. Jesus.

Edited by Gunzen

People just get too worked up. If it comes out great. If not, oh well, I'll keep waiting, nothing better to do. I won't take it as a personal attack by Axl or that he's a liar or something. I'm sure he wants/wanted to get it out by the end of the year, but if it doesn't happen, life goes on.

People just get too worked up. If it comes out great. If not, oh well, I'll keep waiting, nothing better to do. I won't take it as a personal attack by Axl or that he's a liar or something. I'm sure he wants/wanted to get it out by the end of the year, but if it doesn't happen, life goes on.

word rock1