How does nu GNR stack up against other live acts?

datdude133d

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than anybody going around now. Even without the original lineup, they play a fucking amazing show. When you're there listening to it, you don't care who's playing the instruments. It's great. I'd take this lineup over any other band ever(Because I never got to see them when they were on top).

Well, I've only seen bootlegs, but I could say I've seen better acts. IMO, Iron Maiden is the definitive live band to see. I've seen them 3 times now and each show has been totally flawless. You haven't lived until you've seen Iron Maiden. Although, judging by GN'R boots, I'd put them up with the likes of The Rolling Stones and Aerosmith, and a tad bit behind Queen + Paul Rodgers.

In other words, if GN'R played close enough, I'd drop the money for floor tickets (And probably queue all day to get on the barrier) in a heart beat. ;) Plus, I was a fan of Bumblefoot before he was in GN'R.

Bands that are better live then GnR- Tool, NIN, Roger Waters, Social Distortion, Pearl Jam

Although Im sure the original lineup probably would have been better then any of the bands I mentioned. but I've only seen new era GnR> Not trying to take anything away from the new Gunners, its just the repetitive set list, sound problems, etc that take away from some of the enjoyability of them. I would definetely put the last Hammerstein show this past May in my top 5 concerts i'v seen though, fuckin unreal

Bands that are better live then GnR- Tool, NIN, Roger Waters, Social Distortion, Pearl Jam

Although Im sure the original lineup probably would have been better then any of the bands I mentioned. but I've only seen new era GnR> Not trying to take anything away from the new Gunners, its just the repetitive set list, sound problems, etc that take away from some of the enjoyability of them. I would definetely put the last Hammerstein show this past May in my top 5 concerts i'v seen though, fuckin unreal

i hear alota mixed reviews on tool

i hear alota mixed reviews on tool

I think Tool sucks. But that's opp-topic.

i saw GNR in 2002 they were horrible.. i saw gnr in 2006 they were great. so i think they can be a good live act but they have to establish themselves as a band first and release a god damn cd. Other than that i would put them at the near top of the list of shows to see.. ive seen many concerts, DMB, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles, and many more my favorite band to see is DMB its a great show i recomend it to everyone to go out and experience it and i know im going to get made fun of for that. I think the best concert ive seen was the eagles they are such great musicians and it sounded great then it would be DMB and then GNR

i saw GNR in 2002 they were horrible.. i saw gnr in 2006 they were great. so i think they can be a good live act but they have to establish themselves as a band first and release a god damn cd. Other than that i would put them at the near top of the list of shows to see.. ive seen many concerts, DMB, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Eagles, and many more my favorite band to see is DMB its a great show i recomend it to everyone to go out and experience it and i know im going to get made fun of for that. I think the best concert ive seen was the eagles they are such great musicians and it sounded great then it would be DMB and then GNR

Billy Idol live > all of them

:P

Simply put:

Me when first seeing Axl Rose walk on stage: :mellow:

Me about a week after seeing Axl Rose walk on stage: :mellow:

Nuff said!

elaborate

Ok.

LOL, nice!

That emotion alwasy confused me, I didn;t know if it meant it was awsome or sketchy. Sweet review by the way, smooth read.

A8R

I've compared my GNR experience to my Aerosmith one, and I'd have to say that for me, GNR gave me that feeling of losing my mind. Aerosmith was top-notch and I really enjoyed them, but I preferred the whole experience attached to GNR. It's all subjective anyway.

I would like to think their still one of the if not THE top act out there.

Ive seen Hammerstein 5/12 and the 2006 MSG show.

other bands Ive seen that i think the GNR shows were way better than are(i know i havent seen that many yet)....Ill nino,goo goo dolls,korn,papa roach,stone sour,deftones.

my question is how does gnr compare to the top newer acts out there?

the killers,green day,my chemical romance(like them or not their singer has alot of stage presence like axl), u2, NIN, etc.

You need to see some real concerts...Papa Roach, Korn, Goo Goo Dolls, what the fuck?

The Killers, I was tricked into seeing them live, my roommate told me they had an "awesome" singer. I went to the show and was pretty unimpressed, the songs just weren't good and they had this mechanical 80s vibe. GNR's a lot better than them live, still. I bet U2 is better though I haven't seen them, Pearl Jam and the Mars Volta are better, I honestly had more fun seeing 311 than GNR, Tom Petty's better live than GNR. I guess I'd rank them below most bands I've seen, but they were better than most bands would be from their era (I'm guessing anyways), and better than the last Red Hot Chili Peppers show I saw.

I would like to think their still one of the if not THE top act out there.

Ive seen Hammerstein 5/12 and the 2006 MSG show.

other bands Ive seen that i think the GNR shows were way better than are(i know i havent seen that many yet)....Ill nino,goo goo dolls,korn,papa roach,stone sour,deftones.

my question is how does gnr compare to the top newer acts out there?

the killers,green day,my chemical romance(like them or not their singer has alot of stage presence like axl), u2, NIN, etc.

You need to see some real concerts...Papa Roach, Korn, Goo Goo Dolls, what the fuck?

The Killers, I was tricked into seeing them live, my roommate told me they had an "awesome" singer. I went to the show and was pretty unimpressed, the songs just weren't good and they had this mechanical 80s vibe. GNR's a lot better than them live, still. I bet U2 is better though I haven't seen them, Pearl Jam and the Mars Volta are better, I honestly had more fun seeing 311 than GNR, Tom Petty's better live than GNR. I guess I'd rank them below most bands I've seen, but they were better than most bands would be from their era (I'm guessing anyways), and better than the last Red Hot Chili Peppers show I saw.

well i was like 12 or 13 when i saw most of those shows(i saw pappa roach just cuz they were wit gnr) but korn is actually one of my favorite bands.... so be easy.

I saw Nu-GNR at MSG earlier this month and Me First & The Gimme Gimmes on Sunday night at B.B. King's. As much as I love GNR, I think Me First deserves the title of "World's Best Cover Band." First, they put their own stamp on the covers they do (Nu-GNR plays the songs basically the same way as Old-Gnr). Second, the pace of the show wasn't slowed down by inertia-sucking solos (including Nu-GNR's solo 4 songs into the MSG set). Third, Me First seems like a band onstage despite (like GNR) being composed of members of different bands. Fourth and finally, Me First's sound guys actually seem to know what they are doing and the band sounded great live. Regardless, I'd see both groups any time.