Green Day- American Idiot

adnan

I remember when this CD first came out... I picked it up, listened to it quite a few times actually. It was good, had some catchy songs on it, then I just kind of got tired of it...

About that time is when it blew up on the radio/MTV and it was played everywhere. :confused:

People I knew who had never listened to Green Day before now "loved" the band and kept telling me how Billy Joe was the greatest guitar player ever( :rofl-lol: )

So I got burned out on Green Day for quite some time, but now that I've read this thread, maybe I'll listen to it again. It definitely was a good CD.

No, I just hate them because I think they are poor musicians

How on earth are they poor musicians? Music can be objective, so don't give me that shit about you having an opinion etc.

It's just my opinion. :laugh:

You may not like them, but they're talented.

I personally like Green Day, American Idiot is a great album. I started bought the album cause I liked American Idiot and Boulevard of Broken Dreams and I thought it was great, I liked all the tracks. But I can easily understand why people is gettin annoyed because of the playing of the singles on the radio. Holiday and Boulevard of Broken Dreams were two of my favorite tracks but because of the overplaying I couldn't listen to them, it's only recently that I've begun listening to them again. A lot of people are pissed cause they've changed their style in American Idiot but all bands change. If they don't change people are getting pissed because of that. I personally like both American Idiot and old school GD like Dookie and Kerplunk. They might not be the best musicians in the world but they're still a great listen.

I can't stand that album.

It was way overhyped, and in all honesty the songs are nothing special. Don't even get me started on the 'epics' like Jesus Of Suburbia and...I forget the other...Homecoming or something? There's a lot of little things that irritate me about it as well.

Edited by Axls Rocket Queen

• 2 weeks later...

No, I just hate them because I think they are poor musicians

How on earth are they poor musicians? Music can be objective, so don't give me that shit about you having an opinion etc.

It's just my opinion. :laugh:

You may not like them, but they're talented.

Concept albums most folks either really like or dislike them. They usually have at least one really good song that is remembered after the album sometimes long after the album is forgot about. I think some people only know Dark Side of the mmon on that Pink Floyd album and isn't it supposed to be the best one. Not that I am trying to cumpare Greenday to Floyd.

I hate the album, but not cuz I think it's bad or anything (I think it's really good) but I just don't like the hype surrounding it.. or how they tried to be "emo" to atract kids into liking their music. I think that was a bit lame and all.

The music is great.. I just don't like their emo act... :unsure:

I dig the album though I don't listen to it very often. IMO the first five tracks are all class, then it sort of goes downhill from there. Jesus of Suburbia is strong overall, though it does have it's weak points. Are We The Waiting is IMO the best track on the album, followed closely by Holiday.

I also agree that many people slag this band for no reason. Most mainstream rock bands are shit, but GD are definitely better than most mainstream rock bands. They've got a knack for writing catchy pop/rock/punk songs.

Edited by KBear